Author Topic: NA gets Patch  (Read 19578 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: NA gets Patch
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 07:28:10 pm »
game is going in the right direction, if enything it has become more challenging imo, people have just rusted into the old mechanics and are abit shaken up and need adapting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 07:28:16 pm »
+2
Because abusing something that logic tells you shouldn't even physics is really skilled.
Err? Now this is an example of a non sequitur. How realistic something is has nothing to do with how it affects the skill level of the game.

I disagree. Was it something that was intended? Did the Warband devs deliberately make it that way, or is it just something flawed in the combat mechanisms that veteran players got used to?
It doesn't matter whether or not it was intentional.

Bunnyhopping in Quake 1, and strafejumping in Quake 2 & 3 weren't intentional, but they added an enormous amount of depth to the games, and they were better off for it. Those games would not have been nearly as skill based as they were without the advanced movement systems they (unintentionally) ended up with.

Skiing in Tribes is another example. Skiing added both an enormous amount of individual skill to the game, and it increased the tactical depth as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:32:38 pm by Vodner »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:22 pm »
+5
There are 5003429493212312 fantasy rpgs. Something which has mechanics which make logical sense is a breath of fresh air. Dragging a spearshaft into someone for armour-piercing stab is absurd.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 07:35:31 pm »
+3
There are 5003429493212312 fantasy rpgs. Something which has mechanics which make logical sense is a breath of fresh air. Dragging a spearshaft into someone for armour-piercing stab is absurd.

Holding an extended spear at the ready and having some guy walk right through it to hit you from hand-shaking distance is absurd.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 07:36:37 pm »
If people wanted to have crazy super jumpsuper spin stabs 30 fucking feet in the air, Final Fantasy is probably coming out with yet another installment. Try that.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »
+7
Blocking a great axe with a 1h is absurd. Surviving getting hit by charging cav is absurd. Blocking every conceivable attack from one direction (especially stabs) by holding your weapon in a fixed position is absurd. Getting hurt with the edge of a sword while in plate is absurd.

And yet, the game is better off for every single one of those things.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:57 pm »
+2
You can actually more or less reliably dodge stabs and overheads now, I think I prefer that for a change of "depth" rather then someone smacking me with the flat of their blade from an overhead or whirl winding there weapon tip into me. Fighting those two directional pole-arms in a duel was ridiculous, if you wanted to swing your weapon around like that just pick one with four directions and make us, you more so, less dizzy once the fight is over.
And how!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2185
  • Infamy: 412
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »
How do you like new patch so far? :D

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
One of the problems with looking for reality in this game is that it is limited by mechanics. In reality you don't have 4 attack and block directions, and there is more depth to combat. The way I look at it, these tricks are a way to emulate real life combat.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2012, 07:40:42 pm »
How do you like new patch so far? :D

As you can see, NA is having a blast with it. You should check in again when they get rid of polestagger. We'll see more polearm users posting then.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2012, 07:41:20 pm »
+1
I disagree. Was it something that was intended? Did the Warband devs deliberately make it that way, or is it just something flawed in the combat mechanisms that veteran players got used to?
It was known in the beta that the best way to stab was to actually aim away from the target and bring it in.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »
Initial impression of anit-lol stab feature -
Ugh. Hate it on so many levels.
Rather get lol stabbed by Hudson then gimp everything.
I'd rather watch the Sosarian Knight slaughter a group then see him sitting at the back like a camp follower.
Honestly, I'd rather get dick slapped by one of Dasty's spinning jump spins.

hmmm makes 0 sense

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »
+1
All turning with the stab is slowed. As soon as you release the LMB, your spin speed is slowed significantly. I believe turning with a chambered stab remains the same as stock.

I think it's a success, because I'm pretty much over having to bring my own pike in order to confirm a kill on other pikemen, otherwise they can hop, spin and fuck up everything in a helicopter blade zone.

The fact that your turn speed is slowed on release of your weapon means that it's viable to stab effectively within the 90o from your point of release. I can still hit people directly to my sides, but they tend to have to be pretty far out (as far as pikes go). It's fun to beat on the 2handers who rely on the lolstabs, too. It's almost like karma has caught up with them and I am karma's hand of justice. 

As a horseman and steel picker, I feel like your support of this update is unfounded.

i work at a clandestine military base dextaa. and that was actually going to be our next weapon on the war on terror

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1133
  • Infamy: 1210
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:42 pm »
+3
Come on, don't tell me you miss spinning attacks so much? You guys are even worse than EU counterpart.

You'll adapt, just as we did.

People stopped playing after upkeep patch. People also stopped playing when certain weapons were nerfed. When armor looms were nerfed. People will always find some dumb reason to stop playing this wonderful game.

Then they'll try something else, play it for awhile (while still being active on forums saying how their new game rocks and how cRPG sucks) and... at the end they'll come back to cRPG. Because cRPG has no alternative if you're true gamer.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »
hmmm makes 0 sense
Try taking reading lessons, or attend Morons Anonymous.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog