Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 33795 times)

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fix list
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »
Heirloomed items are showing up incorrectly. IE. No Tempered German Greatsword for anyone.
Tungsten_ATS

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2011, 11:12:04 pm »
Both teams should have to repair items.
+2. I fear team nudist versus team iron man will quickly lose it's novelty. The winning round bonus seems like enough incentive to play hard. chadz said that maintenance was to add depth to the game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,144724.msg3484058.html#msg3484058. Getting out the black plate and plated charger to help win close fought games seems a lot more meaningful than getting out the black plate and plated charger to help steamroll autobalance fail teams.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2011, 11:13:42 pm »
BUMP
I'm gonna post my siege ideas here as well, since so many of you wrote things so similar:

Possible tweaks I can think of:
-Unlimited lives for defenders (timer will decide the siege anyway)
-Less respawn time, and while we're at it:
-Slower flag cap (it's over way too fast)
-Less round time (around 8 minutes would be still hard to hold, but not impossible)
-Some kind of ladder limit (or just increase their price tenfold: people would bring less ladders because of the upkeep)

And again, its own thread.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Silv

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silvarren, Silvyn
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2011, 11:14:11 pm »
Drastically reduce repair costs and return at least the XP system to the way it was pre-patch. It encouraged group work and not prolonging the round for no real reason other than to get more XP/Gold. I think if the gold system stayed the same it would be fine.

Although I could go with Homer's post below as well. XD
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:26:27 pm by Silv »

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:39 pm »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152897.msg3673040.html#msg3673040

The more I think about it, the upkeep system just needs to be dropped entirely.  If you just reduce the amount, then it doesn't accomplish its stated purpose and becomes a pointless feature.

Equipment wasn't the problem in crpg anyway.  The equipment system is good and allows for a lot of variety, from squishy/agile to slow/heavy and everything in between.  The problem was the retirement system and lack of level cap.  Veteran players had built up stats that negated the penalties their equipment was supposed to have.  This is what broke the game, not the equipment itself.  We had too many veteran players running around in the heaviest gear and still attacking twice as fast as most of their opponents.

Remove upkeep.  Keep the level cap and complete wpf wipe upon retirement.  Reduce horse bump damage, forcing them to use their weapons instead of just trampling everyone.  Keep friendly horse bumps, but with a 15 second grace period at the beginning of the round.
Sorry for my English.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:11 pm »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152897.msg3673040.html#msg3673040

from squishy/agile to slow/heavy and everything in between.---
Actually more commonly was flash speed/iron men.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Mordhom

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2011, 11:45:04 pm »
1)I really like the idea of the upkeep, but instead of balancing it by lowering/uppin it I think it would be wise to think about the previous xp/gold xp system to balance the whole thing.
I think both system are pretty viable and needed together, multiplicater / time based  + xps/gold per kill, It may even solves future problems of a sole time based system.

2)While Im not really an active archer, I noticed the accuracy was kinda bad even with a good WPF and think it may deserves more balancing.

3) Horse Upkeep - I guess its a bug, need some emergency fix ;)

4) Repairing shouldnt be random, the random factor in a game that requires a lot of timing and practice should be reduced everywhere it can be, it's my opinion. It could be worked so it adds a deeper economic factor to the game, but you, as a player, got to have a better control over it than now.

Sorry for my low english skills and thanks for reading.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »
- Blue fog
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »
Some items are not showing ingame even if they are listed in the database. And no, its not the item limite. For now my destrier is missing ingame in my main char. In my alt im missing my throwing axes. Any fix?. Thanks.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2011, 11:53:18 pm »
Some items are not showing ingame even if they are listed in the database. And no, its not the item limite. For now my destrier is missing ingame in my main char. In my alt im missing my throwing axes. Any fix?. Thanks.

I can't see my Balanced NCS in game either.

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2011, 12:06:13 am »
1.  REALLY need a Sound to indicate the beginning or end of the round now that the inventory screen comes up.  I spend a lot of time on the forums/character sheet/irc when I'm dead, now i jump back in to find i've been away too long to join the round.  Frustrating :-(

2.  Upkeep system is very promising, and will be fine as people adjust to the new type of gameplay it encourages along with the new gold/xp system.  Still the issue of naked morons is going to linger and though I have no definite suggestion yet, it needs to be addressed.

Offline YIT_Lanka

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:09 am »
Change from system of stick and carrot to one or other - winning gives you significantly more gold and losing keeps taking it away? Until you hit the sweetspot with your equipment and have enough backup gold you'll be screwed if you're trying to save for better gear.

Horses need constant upkeep regardless do you win or lose

Don't really mind the new bow animation, but it still nerfed bows while patch didn't make significant balance changes to cavalry/2h spammers. Stop to watch the kills on busy server; 3/4 on either side are from 2h swords&cavalry

Player update while on server doesn't always update your gear if you bought new items. Map change/reconnect fixes it though. Or waiting 2~3 update cycles.

Friendly horse bumbs really need some safe time after respawning. Some of the cavalry just don't care a shit about mowing down every infantry to get out of the spawn area fastest.

Not really in last patch, although horses being free from upkeep doesn't help it either - how in hell it makes sense to give horse archers plated horses, so when they fail in shooting people they'll just tramble over infantry. Not only HAs though; there are even peasant armored guys with 4 shields and plated charger..

ed: here's a thought about bows dealing cut damage now;
Only Arrows and Barbed Arrows are shaped to deal high damage on lightly armored/un-armored targets. Khergit&Bodkin Arrows however are made to be armor piercing.
So what if you remove ~10 damage from all bows and give the damage to arrows instead, making normal Arrows&Barbed Arrows cut damage and Khergit&Bodkin Arrows pierce?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:52:13 am by YIT_Lanka »

Offline Kass

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Kass_the_Greedy
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:07 am »
Just bought Nodachi today, spent all of my money on it (About 10k) and just as i've gathered 2,4k money the nodachis repair cost takes 2,1k and im left with almost nothing. I think the repair system should be removed.. This is my opinion only though.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2011, 12:39:06 am »
What most needs fixing is the random crashes when you attempt to join a server, and what ever is wrong with the NA servers. >_>

Other than that, archer nerfs may be a little excessive, but it is easy to deal with it....unless your a POS build whore like Kesh who has absolutely no skill as an archer so thus he has to whine and whine about how he was nerfed. Sorry, no more easy mode for you, now GTFO!

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:19 am »
The more I think about it, the upkeep system just needs to be dropped entirely.  If you just reduce the amount, then it doesn't accomplish its stated purpose and becomes a pointless feature.

Equipment wasn't the problem in crpg anyway.  The equipment system is good and allows for a lot of variety, from squishy/agile to slow/heavy and everything in between.  The problem was the retirement system and lack of level cap.  Veteran players had built up stats that negated the penalties their equipment was supposed to have.  This is what broke the game, not the equipment itself.  We had too many veteran players running around in the heaviest gear and still attacking twice as fast as most of their opponents.

Remove upkeep.  Keep the level cap and complete wpf wipe upon retirement.  Reduce horse bump damage, forcing them to use their weapons instead of just trampling everyone.  Keep friendly horse bumps, but with a 15 second grace period at the beginning of the round.
what he said lol, also na severs need some love....