Author Topic: A suggestion to solve 2h lolstab?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
Re: A suggestion to solve 2h lolstab?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »
+5
There's nothing to fix, except for maybe your right mouse button.

2h and pole are different, and should stay so.

If you had problems with 2h stabs before you were slow... If you have problems with them now my only advice to you is to try to stay at least partially awake while playing.

Realism turds go in here ---> http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,69.0.html

Un-nerf the stabs and speed up the game please.

So you propose that all of those who are not at your skill level are mentally incompetent, and that obviously because of their inability to effectively combat the abuse of such a silly blunder on part of the game, that they have no right to rectify it? And because its a game based upon things that have once occurred in real life, drawing everything from that realm, that a strive for realism can not be used as an effective argument in the cause of balance in the name of all that is right, and just, and fun, in said game? That is the exact sort of prude and blatant disrespect for the game itself and its players, that points out your own lack of empathy. Does a man of your caliber even have stable grounds to stand on for the betterment of this gaming community? At the very best, you are "trolling."

We are currently in a two-handed-holocaust of horrendous proportions. By the updates in the past year or so, everyone who is not a religious two-hander has been systematically de-buffed and utilized as danish target practice. Now we are at the time of reckoning, when all of the evil preparations have finally come together enough to the point of slaughtering the game itself. If you are two-handed, that is fine, and I have love for you, but the games mechanics combined with the code modification as per crpg patches, is out for blood!
Stop holding such a bias because you like the domination you hold as a two-hander, it is wrong, and unjust toward those who do not share your playstyle! To keep this utopia, we must fight for some sort of balance, as in all things proper should be. Life balances itself out quite nicely, so look to the realism my friends, it is where true salvation lies.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:11 pm »
Dez is a polearmer, so he shares little bias with 2h.

The only 2h I am allowed to use which has a stab is the katana. Not much lolstabbing done with that and I say that 2h lolstab was never much of a problem and any issues that there were with it are now gone with the latest nerf.

2h stab is a powerful attack, but I notice that it's also usually one of the most easily chamberable attacks.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2730
  • Infamy: 465
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:54:37 pm »
+2
What you need to know about Dezilagel:

- former poleaxe abuser
- helicopter
- qqed how polestagger is op but stopped playing when they removed it
- has one attack pattern

And one time I've dueled him gaysword vs gaysword, all he did was thrusting. I think he uses macros to attack because there is zero creativity in his playstyle.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »
+1
You forgot his beautiful singing voice and skills with a guitar.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 01:06:21 pm »
Any chance we could go back to the balancing discussion and stop stroking eachothers e-phalluses? This new "fix" better do as it says or a martyr I shall go down.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1596
  • Infamy: 318
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »
+2
I fully support 2h lolstab nerf.

I'm playing twohander for almost a year, use best sword for stabbing and know couple of dirty tricks myself, including lolstab to the face which is something most people never block.

Good damage, easy to use, epic range. Deserves a nerf imho.

Or just buff other weapons.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:51:08 pm »
Leshma changes from 2h lobbying to polearm lobbying without even a hint of shame after acquiring a MW bec

exemplary
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »
Sigh.

I'm not saying that everyone who can't block stabs is a retard, but those who whine about them instead of learning how to fight them deserve to get slapped around a little imho. It's not a "silly blunder", it's part of the game. M@B is not a medieval combat simulator, it's a game.

We all had to learn how to combat and counter them, it's part of getting better at the game, and at the end of the day when you can both combat and use the stabs they become a fun part of the game.

You may not notice it, but these kinds of mechanic changes, while they do help newbies get into the game they kill the complexity and 'fun' of more advanced melee fighting. I did a 'tl;dr wall of text' on why I think the reduced turnspeed is bad. It kills thing such as fighting groups of people by yourself, duelling, you find yourself simply screwed in situations you could fight your way out of previously etc...

And Leshma, I have no idea why you try to go personal all the time, it only makes you look like a dick, but the reason I stopped playing was not stagger removal. Removing stagger was an awesome change. I had some rl issues a few days after the removal but then this turnrate nerf bullshit struck, which made me rq. I still occasionally play on the unupdated servers though, if you're so eager.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:18:00 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
+3
When will you guys learn to use the correct terms?

What you call a lolstab: every 2h stab (because of its range)
What is really a lolstab: 180°+ spinning stab (which isn't possible anymore)

Call it longstab or something like that.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 03:32:08 pm »

Go back to coding and leave the pointless arguing to the professionals!

PS keep up the good work.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1306
  • Infamy: 2673
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »

Aiming thrust in random direction, releasing it and then dragging it into the enemy is lolstab as well. Same can be done with overhead but overhead doesn't have epic range.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Thought lolstab was back in the day when 2h thrusts were insanely fast and it was hard to retaliate when getting thrustspammed.. Anyways honestly, nerfing melee even more will just make people stop playing because it will get pretty boring after a while. Instead of nerfing I'd say buff stuff to balance it out as nerfing will just make the game slower and slower. IMO 2h thrust is fine atm, after playing my 2h alt a few weeks i found out it the reach is effective, but it is also risky to thrust as sometimes the blockstun thingy can give the opponent a free hit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »
Yes, the current patch that is taking place on the EU servers basically kills Polearms, and the point of this suggestion was to not maime every other class but to simply tone down the stabs of two handed swords.  Lolstab was irritating but "longstabs" as cmp wants us to put it are still there and just as BS since you're still lifting a gigantic 3 - 4 ft long sword over your head to lunge it out at your enemy, which should probably not be as fast as it currently is, and it certainly wouldn't kill a man with one poke unless he was in cloth or had no helmet. 

THAT is why I even considered sharing this idea as it suits the desire for those who want realism and those who seek game balance. Yes, you can go on ahead and say that the only people complaining about it are people who aren't capable of blocking, or that they're new players who have no clue what they're talking about, but in the end it's a valid suggestion that would leave melee weapons balanced so that we can continue bitching about how OP ranged is like usual.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25:30 pm »
Sigh.

I'm not saying that everyone who can't block stabs is a retard, but those who whine about them instead of learning how to fight them deserve to get slapped around a little imho. It's not a "silly blunder", it's part of the game. M@B is not a medieval combat simulator, it's a game.

We all had to learn how to combat and counter them, it's part of getting better at the game, and at the end of the day when you can both combat and use the stabs they become a fun part of the game.

The problem of these lolstabs and hilt slashes and isn't that "I'm bad," its that they are as ridiculous as they are deadly, and how all of these things culminate to causing a severe imbalance within the game. How many two handers in comparison to any other build do you see topping the scoreboards often?  I have had too many cases in which I have taken my two years of experience, and my masterworked sword, and outperformed countless people, and it has come to the point where they win not because they are better than me at the game, not because they use superior teamwork or tactics, but because I can hit them 9 or so times with no consequence to them whatsoever, and they merely must mash left click until their blade gets lucky and catches me on a technicality, just once. Everything but two handed has turned into the cliche of a knife in a gunfight.  I feel as though I am a mortal man fighting against genetically engineered super powered knights. Yes indeed this game is about learning and getting better, but then all of a sudden how is that right if a weapon set is so horrendously overpowered that all of that skill and tact becomes nothing more than a fart in the wind?
When I play this game, after two years, I should be able to do more than walk around and shove my cock in a danish blender, no matter what build I play.

Bring me that ASS.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 09:47:02 pm »
+2
but because I can hit them 9 or so times with no consequence to them whatsoever, and they merely must mash left click until their blade gets lucky and catches me on a technicality
This is an issue with 1h cut damage vs the higher tier helmets, which I feel should be adjusted. Not an issue with stabs.