Author Topic: The Art of Throwing  (Read 44964 times)

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Victis_honor, victis (alt), HoboWhitaShotgun (alt)
Re: The Art of Throwing
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »
It is 6 atm.  that woud mean making a 21/18 build.     After some more practise i noticed that the darts.jav/jarids tend to fly more to the top of the aiming reticule (prob for the extra range they have). HT axes are really sweet, a axe to the face of a guy in heavy armour is priceless, also killing some1 behidn your target is funny, never had that as archer.
noooooooo not awesome anymore!!

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »
Heavy axes arc so fast their range is limited, but it does provide you with a new tactic:

You can arc your axes over your teammates and hit enemies that would normally have been blocked by your teammates. Works great on even terrain, but requires a minimum range (or the axe won't arc enough) and practise. If you time it wrong, you'll most likely hit a teammate in the back or even worse, headshot him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »
I have been doing just that.  has gone wrong a few times:)

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 11:24:34 am »
I have been doing just that.  has gone wrong a few times:)

Which is when you switch your axes to melee mode and pretend nothing happened at all...

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 11:43:40 am »
i just look the other way if it didnt kill him/her:)

Something that is also kickass is killing a horseman when he charges you whit a axe.  Got to wait until he is real close, has ofcourse failed a few times but when it works its a big YAY moment.

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:05 pm »
the awesomenes of heavy throwing axes has been nerfed hard, javalins are the way to go atmif you want to have some ammo (2.5 mil to go before 31:(.    The throwing aspect is more of a extra now instead of the main thing. atleast thats how i feel it.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 05:42:18 pm »
Got to agree. Right now my PT is too high compared to my WM (At 120 wpf with 12 PT) so I get an accuracy penalty.

Can't use any throwing weapon without even more horrible accuracy than it allready had.

Nice.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 04:30:46 am »
I've rewritten the guide to fit the modern patch.

"Step 1: On your character select page, highlight your character designated as a thrower.
Step 2: Click delete, because chadz DOES NOT LOVE YOU
Step 3: involves buckets of chocolate ice cream and crying into a pillow late into the night.

The end."
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »
I've rewritten the guide to fit the modern patch.

"Step 1: On your character select page, highlight your character designated as a thrower.
Step 2: Click delete, because chadz DOES NOT LOVE YOU
Step 3: involves buckets of chocolate ice cream and crying into a pillow late into the night.

The end."
Lololololol.

I need to have more wpf to use my one hit kill weapon! Oh noes!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 06:09:01 pm »
In next patch the penalty is reduced a little, plus throwers get a slight bonus on wpf.

Also, every time Magikarp whines about throwing the penalty is reduced by a further 1%.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »
In next patch the penalty is reduced a little, plus throwers get a slight bonus on wpf.

Also, every time Magikarp whines about throwing the penalty is reduced by a further 1%.

HUZZAH!

Nice change, should make dedicated throwing viable again without making it OP as a secundairy weapon.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 07:45:42 pm »

Good, I'll whine so much that their class gets OP again. Than when you nerf it again, all remnants will GTX and the class will die out. Only Pebble_Pusher shall remain.

Mwuahahaha.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:00 am »

Well this is good news, but it wasn't the WPF that is crippling throwers so much. The amount of ammo throwers have access to is what is really damning. 2 throwing axes, 1.5 jarrids/throwing spears, half a throwing lance per slot? Thats the biggest issue. If you change WPF per PT to 12, make Throwing axes, Jarrids, and throwing spears give 3 per slot, and have throwing lance go up to 1 per slot then things will be about right.

Also, slightly reduce the amount of ammo for the low-tier throwing weapons. 7 war darts? 5 or 6 would be fair. Right now low-tier throwing weapons are waaaaaay better than high tier ones.

P.S. I lawled in real life about the Magikarp comment  :lol:
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:02 pm »
Well this is good news, but it wasn't the WPF that is crippling throwers so much. The amount of ammo throwers have access to is what is really damning. 2 throwing axes, 1.5 jarrids/throwing spears, half a throwing lance per slot? Thats the biggest issue. If you change WPF per PT to 12, make Throwing axes, Jarrids, and throwing spears give 3 per slot, and have throwing lance go up to 1 per slot then things will be about right.

Also, slightly reduce the amount of ammo for the low-tier throwing weapons. 7 war darts? 5 or 6 would be fair. Right now low-tier throwing weapons are waaaaaay better than high tier ones.

P.S. I lawled in real life about the Magikarp comment  :lol:
Now, to help you guys get a future nerf which will hopefully let you GTX:
3 Jarrids per slot? 1 Throwing lance per slot? You gotta be kidding me, you actually mean that?
Giving people access to 4 throws a round, 3 if you keep the last one, which can instantly kill someone?

Funny.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 05:09:06 am »

I dont get this "penalty" is it to do with when it says "your wpf is too low"

is that from when your pt is too high in proportion to your wpf? or is it weapons have a wpf requirement as well as pt?

because when I get that message I can still use the weapon, so what does it actually do?

anyway I tested it a bit and noticed you remove accuracy gain from PT like I suggested so that was a good move to nerf pure str throwers. however you didn't make throwing wpf useful like I also suggested, so I'm hoping this bonus you mention is substantial. because coupled with the slot rape,  throwing is 100% useless right now. before it was too high damage but too random, now its even more random and much less ammo/damage.