Author Topic: ARROWS HIT SYSTEM [Fixed] AND WHY INCREASE XBOW DAMAGE ???  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: WHY DID U CHANGE ARROWS HIT SYSTEM AND WHY INCREASE XBOW DAMAGE ???
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »
I think crossbows are fine.  They shoot so slow, aren't hard to dodge, and are stopped easily by a shield or obstacle.

I've made a guide on the topic if you guys are having trouble.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26128.msg378727.html#msg378727

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »
bring back the all ranged damage is reduced by 1/3, one of the only intelligent things the balance team has done in this game, then they inexplicably rolled it back within days, while leaving the bonus damage to head shots even.

also, all throwing damage should be reduced by 1/2 and have 1/2 the accuracy, throwing is secret OP, every thrower who isn't a liar knows it

rus bow archery is by far the most OP broken shit in this game, any thread that asks to buff them is a bad joke

I assume you realize that this would result in every match being about 80% cavalry after a while.  Ranged doesn't counter infantry nearly as well as it counters horses (especially unarmored ones like the courser).

If this game had no horses, I would drop throwing.  It's not useless against infantry but I'd probably do better overall by spending those points elsewhere.  I carry MW heavy throwing axes because it's the most reasonable way for infantry to fend off lancers.

In the event of a severe throwing nerf I guess I'd learn to like playing as cav like everyone else.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 11:44:54 pm »
+1
Before patch, 4 HA, 167 Xbow WPF + MW Light Xbow, a headshot was quite common, not frequent but common and it meant I was able to get some decent kills as a HX, since patch the bolt when fired goes anywhere but centre crosshair now head shots are much less common and even aiming for the body of an enemy cav I'm right on the ass of has become a challenge, most of my hits actually come with the crosshair being on the enemies shoulder and hoping it goes towards the body and not the other direction.

BUFF XBOW ACCURACY
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »
Fuck accuracy, nerf accuracy buff damage. Give the oooold crossbow. I liked that good old shotgun. When you rode to someone, had to push it in his chest and then fire. But people died! That was fun. And HA was 12 agi, too, for a while, so while riding at speed the old crossbow had the reticule of about 2 plated chargers on top of one another. But it was what, 75-80p?

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 11:47:47 pm »
No bruce that's blasphemy, I want to headshot HA AGAIN!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 12:10:10 am »
ur right nerf cav, buff archers.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 12:12:12 am »
WE DID NEITHER, IF ANYTHING CHANGED IT'S DEFINITELY A BUG.
PLEASE TELL US EXACTLY HOW TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUES AND WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIX THEM.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1030
  • Infamy: 2540
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:24 am »
Jump shot is back in the game as you already know.

Armored targets take minor damage from arrows (with 65 body armor while standing still archers rarely took more than 15% HP).

Headshot buff probably isn't active because I still haven't died from headshot, no matter what head armor I have, since the bug happened.

I do have 80 HP but to survive the headshot from a crossbow while wearing Straw hat is a joke (you have proof in screenshots thread).

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 12:23:15 am »
i can agree than armored guys can resist more against arrows but they should not be unkillable by an archer with my level and my stuff...
in real an arrow from long range can pass through a plate ... if we compare with reality .. but it's a game ... so i can understand class need a balance ...

[H]ello!

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,33601.0.html
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:25 am »
Fail reproduction is fail.

[N]o

Yours and blackbows tears are fail

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2012, 12:31:29 am »
I assume you realize that this would result in every match being about 80% cavalry after a while.  Ranged doesn't counter infantry nearly as well as it counters horses (especially unarmored ones like the courser).

If this game had no horses, I would drop throwing.  It's not useless against infantry but I'd probably do better overall by spending those points elsewhere.  I carry MW heavy throwing axes because it's the most reasonable way for infantry to fend off lancers.

In the event of a severe throwing nerf I guess I'd learn to like playing as cav like everyone else.

I agree, I didn't think 1/3 damage reduction should've applied to horses, ranged should fuck up cav, but do less damage to infantry.  Any thrower with axes or above pretty much 2 shots me while being impossible to catch up to if they wear light armor, with 7 IF and 60 body armor.  Rus Bows often do just as much damage, but with a million more bonuses.  I really just don't understand why ranged does triple the damage of most melee classes, while having insane kiting ability.  Its poor balance.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2012, 12:36:52 am »
[N]o

Yours and blackbows tears are fail

If you lean a metal plate against something you're reinforcing it,how is any arrow supposed to get through if there's no room to do so? + People did use steel arrow heads , not just iron. The world doesn't revolve around britain.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2012, 12:43:09 am »
+1
Please keep the debate about arrows piercing plate into the Tras... Realism Discussion forum.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2012, 01:15:10 am »
WE DID NEITHER, IF ANYTHING CHANGED IT'S DEFINITELY A BUG.
PLEASE TELL US EXACTLY HOW TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUES AND WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIX THEM.

hmm it's hard to reproduce it because those wierd shot are random
so i rly dont know how to help and how reproduce this
ofc it happen more often on huge plated guys like wolf_monster or on vincent_ruth but,
it happen too on lighter armor but less often i will try to fraps it in futur
it's not the first time i shot a masterwork plated guy with full strengh build and it never happened in past

and like said leshma head shot buff look off i did some head shot on a guy he was still alive
i asked his gear and build , he was 21/18 with simple barbute
but i dont care about the hs buff i'm rly frustrated by those random arrows :'(

crpg nation cup is coming soon and i start to think i will be useless if i still have this bug...
i would want to know what say other archer about that and know if i'm the only one to see/have this problem