Author Topic: Battlefield Assassination Tactics  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Battlefield Assassination Tactics
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:57:05 am »
Hey guys, I'm sure there are some shady characters out there... someone has got to know some effective high-profile target killing methods that work right? I would like to hear from all builds and playing styles, I've had a look at the ninja clan's website, and there are some pretty good tips there, but I would like to know some more. By taking out key tactical players like Phazh who command people, or heavy hitters like Vicious, Bjord, or Tommy, you can reduce the casualties to your team. I sometimes feel like I can't rely on the side I'm on to work together, so solo MVP-killing tactics would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:56:32 pm by Tomas_of_Miles »
Professional poop cleaner

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield Assassination Tactics
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:54 am »
looking far less powerful than you are.
Just don't dress as a peasant and you'll be fine. Everyone singles out peasants.  :(

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:06:31 am »
Just don't dress as a peasant and you'll be fine. Everyone singles out peasants.  :(

lol, so true if you want to get shot by arrow, bolt or get nailed by a throwing weapon go peasant.   
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Nogar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nogar, Aethril, Devorath
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:08:19 am »
and remember
if its not an archer kill it in one hit  :o

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:40:43 am »
Have your shielders kite enemies and then backstab them. Most of them don't pay attention once they're being kited.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:25 am »
I would imagine a true assasin char having high athlethics AND higher PS (at the cost of WM and IF, probably) + a very hard hitting weapon. Morningstar, perhaps.
Probably go for backstabs, when your target is engaged in combat already. Flanking alone will mostly fail, except for some maps, maybe.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:25:47 am by [ptx] »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:42:19 am »
Run around with an awlpike (or other high dmg weapon-- pierce or blunt being best OR LONG weapon. length can be very important in surprises) sheathed, in light but normal looking gear that doesn't scream "SHOOT AT ME ARCHERS"
Then, surprise backstab with full movement speed.

OR, you know, be a team player and do the same thing but with a 3x higher KD for you AND your tag-team, whilst doing less running around the map hunting nonsense. Not to mention higher survivability.
Most of my kills fall under the teamplaying category.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 11:58:37 am »
If you want to assassinate one, chosen target, I think the best would be sniper crossbow with lots of wpf, so you reload your xbow quite fast and your reticule is at max accuracy:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 27
Hit points: 50
Converted: 14
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 4
Shield: 0
Athletics: 4
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 9
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 181
Throwing: 1

Siege crossbow and any secondary weapon you like. What you are going to do is go with your team, shot around and when you will spot your target, snipe him down.

BTW I will go with that build soon :D

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »
Last night, when attacking a village, i was trying to lead the troops into an assault on the roof.
As usual, i was parading around with my red flag. I charged forward, dismounted and started to deploy the ladder... and *boom*, Ronald Meliossandro shot me in the head with his xbow.    :D

So that seemed to work out nicely.  :rolleyes:

Battlefield enemy commander assassination tactic:
1) camp at the edge of the village you are defending
2) wait for that idiot on the Steppe Horse with the Huscarl shield on his back and the big red flag on his head
3) take careful aim as he dismounts
4) shoot as he attempts to deploy ladder
5) boom, headshot!

Works nicely and 'demoralizes' enemy team. 

No ranged weapon? If you mananage to hide near where i'll deploy my ladder, you can probably do this as a melee character too.
But assassinating probably works best with throwing lances and high powerthrow. Easiest weapon to one-shot people with. As a melee assassin, i'd go for a high pierce damage weapon... or perhaps even a blunt weapon and hope for the knockdown.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 12:12:18 pm »
Melee assassin? Of course, its possible, tho hard: you have to run fast enough so you can hide etc. And if your target is protected, it will be hard with melee. Thats why i recommend sniper.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 12:27:55 pm »
But assassinating probably works best with throwing lances and high powerthrow. Easiest weapon to one-shot people with. As a melee assassin, i'd go for a high pierce damage weapon... or perhaps even a blunt weapon and hope for the knockdown.

Too bad you need to be in his face to score the kill with throwing lances. It's not much of an assassination weapon. It does kill in 1 hit most of the time though. But in the situation described by you earlier, it's quite possible I can't hit you with 8 lances when you're just standing there being AFK when I'm on the roof.

For melee, I saw something effective yesterday: Ninja build with barmace. Not for the crushthrough, but for the blunt damage, speed and knockdown.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »
My favourite: Hide somewhere 'til the enemy group runs past you then run after them and often they don't even realize you're an enemy if you don't act aggressively. I once spent 2 minutes in the middle of the enemy, then decided to kill their archers and run for it. I killed 3 and managed to get away unharmed :P

Did the same last week, killed Bjord by backstabbing him in the middle of his friends ;)

Requires a map with good hiding spots, though, and high athletics to get to a spot where the enemy doesn't expect anyone to be in yet.
Only managed to pull this off successfully maybe 5 times, but it's oh so fun when you do it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:48:58 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:29 pm »
My favourite: Hide somewhere 'til the enemy group runs past you then run after them and often they don't even realize you're an enemy if you don't act aggressively. I once spent 2 minutes in the middle of the enemy, then decided to kill their archers and run for it. I killed 3 and managed to get away unharmed :P
This is the most fun and effective way to play i found so far, you can do the same by flanking if you're good at not attracting attention.
Key to good flanking is avoiding aware enemies and keep running straight when you get spotted smashing unaware heads in your way. Don't waste time dueling, you will attract attention and get killed if you re by yourself.

Did the same last week, killed Bjord by backstabbing him in the middle of his friends ;)
killing Bjord (by behind) is always a thrill, i just love how is always a soar looser in chat, example:" he hit me once and then i couldn't block CHEAT"    :mrgreen:

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 01:06:02 pm »
Nah, Bjord was cool about it.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »
All of this sounds like good advise, when I reach level 31 again, I'm gonna use my MW Sniper, and 3rd gen steel bolts, and probably a 2h.  Because mounted thrower is harder than it looks, and is pretty skill points intensive. Gonna go for high athletics.
Professional poop cleaner