Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 26062 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »
Killing horses don't give k/d.

I would say melee kills a lot more horses then range does.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2012, 07:40:33 pm »
Archery is OP, it's that simple. Full +3 heavy armor, 30 str, 10 ironflesh -> two shotted, fuck you.
Must be 8-10 pd.
And a longbow. I bet coldblood. And a archer with a longbow and 8-10 pd is fucking inaccurate.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »
3:1 is a little high nowadays, but 2.5 maybe. It's just making a list of the 10 most known archers and hoping they have a high enough KD. It's a little unfair to do all of melee to just archers.
I wouldn't say they have a good KD now, but I believe for at least 1 gen they did pretty will with 2.5 or above.

NA:

Havoco
Aderyn
King_Itchy
Robin_Longstride
CYBD
Chestaclese

Include slightly old archers:
sWalker
SaifaQC
Kesh
Blackrose_Mrshine (sure you said somewhere you did quite well for a few gens)
KING_UGBERT

Xbows(main):
Silveredge
Marcus
Noodles
Weebo
Veto

HX:
ROHYPNOL
Bumblebee
some of the other in Rohypnol's clan (there's two others whose names I just can't recall)

I'm sure I'm missing a few names(fallen, SS,etc) since I don't pay attention to that many archers individually and more as a collective. Often times some good archers are just alts of some other known players, too. EU also has Bagge, Jambi, alts of top players like Chase, and many others whom the players on EU can more easily explain. They are known more for their archers from what I read, too. I think ranged benefit from staying together/positional advantage easier than melee nowadays, unless the team has many support melee players to go around. At the end of the round, I would rather have my team left with a group of archers than a group of just melee.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »
TurmoilTom

I currently have a KDR of 1.9, actually, but I attribute that to the fact that I haven't played on battle with any armor values above 30 and restricted myself to an Elder's Practice Longsword.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »
I would say melee kills a lot more horses then range does.

Nowadays I would agree. I rarely see more than 2 other archers on my team anymore. It is a function of numbers though, not class.

Unless I get ganked, I'll account for around 2-5 horses per round (10-20 per map). An individual melee will never match that.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2012, 08:05:40 pm »
3:1 is a little high nowadays, but 2.5 maybe. It's just making a list of the 10 most known archers and hoping they have a high enough KD. It's a little unfair to do all of melee to just archers.
I wouldn't say they have a good KD now, but I believe for at least 1 gen they did pretty will with 2.5 or above.

NA:

Havoco
Aderyn
King_Itchy
Robin_Longstride
CYBD
Chestaclese

Include slightly old archers:
sWalker
SaifaQC
Kesh
KING_UGBERT

Xbows(main):
Silveredge
Marcus
Noodles
Weebo
Veto

HX:
ROHYPNOL
Bumblebee
some of the other in Rohypnol's clan (there's two others whose names I just can't recall)

I'm sure I'm missing a few names(fallen, SS,etc) since I don't pay attention to that many archers individually and more as a collective. Often times some good archers are just alts of some other known players, too. EU also has Bagge, Jambi, alts of top players like Chase, and many others whom the players on EU can more easily explain. They are known more for their archers from what I read, too. I think ranged benefit from staying together/positional advantage easier than melee nowadays, unless the team has many support melee players to go around. At the end of the round, I would rather have my team left with a group of archers than a group of just melee.

Damatacus and Raina should be on that list also, although raina got bored of archery and is melee now. Also duke of disco/god damn mongorians/valt for HA, seeing as he is the only HA I see that tops the scoreboard.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »

Best I got as an archer was ~1.5-2:1, I don't think I ever went over 2 though.  I also went 15/21 melee hybrid and often split kills in melee.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2012, 08:42:24 pm »
Melee may get (does) get more kills, but when I see a group of 3-5+ str builds hobbling towards me, I don't engage them, I turn around and run away. When I see a group of 3-5+ archers, running away won't do anything except maybe make it take an extra arrow because of negative speed bonus. So the problem is that you are helpless without a shield and can't pick your battles.

Offline rabbit

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
  • Utibya krassivaya grudd cyka blyat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rabbitstayla
  • IRC nick: rabbitstayla
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »
YOU LOOSE !!!

NERF FAGCHERS !!!

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2012, 09:29:32 pm »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »
Stop replying. Rabbit will have to double and triple post to keep this going, and then, problem solved.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2012, 12:23:59 am »
NERF! NOW!

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2012, 06:23:33 pm »
+1
I currently have a KDR of 1.9, actually, but I attribute that to the fact that I haven't played on battle with any armor values above 30 and restricted myself to an Elder's Practice Longsword.

I just played 3 maps on battle with a +3 light kuyak, +3 cased greaves, +3 winged great helmet, +3 hourglass gauntlets, a greatsword, a long dagger and an old heater shield and my KDR is 3.7 now.

Goddamn 2h is so easy.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »
This is a great example of one reason why I arch only on DTV now. (bots don't bitch in chat). I don't arch on battle servers anymore since that would be cruelty to crybabies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeR78GY4ekc

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:45 am »
I feel left out shine... makes me sad

I do have an archer myself with +3 bodkins and a +3 Rus bow and i can say that archery is waaaaaaaay too accurate and what i think would be a good balancing act for them is an solid accuracy nerf compensated by more arrows per quiver. That way we wont feel like a sniper hero and we will actually have to stay behind our allies to shoot shit safely instead of running around alone in the open doing 180 degrees headshots while maintaining close to full speed.

The other problem in that game is just the sheer amount of ranged. since last month i feel like when everybody used to throw shit when Throwing was OP but that's my biased meleer opinion.

So basically, remove any semblance of skill (even if it is FPS skill) and increase dependency on luck?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.