Author Topic: Upkeeping  (Read 2074 times)

Offline DoggsofWar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeeping
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 10:21:58 am »
I cant even get  a 3rd weapon slot filled. I have a Shield, A one handed sword, Mail Armor, Mail Boots, Mail Gloves and a Helmet, and even when my team wind the round it costs me 500g for repairs. BROKEN

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 10:46:58 am »
My crossbow alone costs 600g. The only things I change up are my armor (usually heraldic surcoat) and gloves, and I don't have trouble staying between 15-20k.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 01:28:04 pm »
I cant even get  a 3rd weapon slot filled. I have a Shield, A one handed sword, Mail Armor, Mail Boots, Mail Gloves and a Helmet, and even when my team wind the round it costs me 500g for repairs. BROKEN

And for how long have you been "testing" this?  :D
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »
You need a cash buffer to cover randomness. I make money on average with 35K worth of gear - sometimes it fluctuates a few thousand down or so, of course, but on average I make money. However you need about the total cost of your gear worth of gold to comfortably amortize randomness in repair and in autobalance.

The upkeep system works great over time. Most people who whine either don't have a cash buffer so randomness screws them over, or want their plated charger + spamberge + blackarmor + snipercrossbow back.

^ This

My main build is around 30-35k and I make money on it. Granted if I have a long losing streak I'm going to lose thousands, but you do make it back up when you start winning again. If you have a buffer of say 30-50k you should never have money problems again with decent gear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login