Author Topic: They removed polestagger  (Read 3604 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Re: They removed polestagger
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »
AFAIK there are three different polestagger lengths.

Why not remove only the 2 longer polestagger lengths? The long one is the problem, where you're stunned for just a second too long.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »
+1
2-handers are fine you big sillies. I know a few really good 2 hander players that say so!
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »
AFAIK there are three different polestagger lengths.

Why not remove only the 2 longer polestagger lengths? The long one is the problem, where you're stunned for just a second too long.
I wonder what they did
Nice update.

All that's needed are the speed buff on high damage polearms by a few points, damage buff on the low damage spears by a few points, and reduction in the speed penalty for hoplites (the damage reduction can go, too, but it doesn't matter too much).
this
but by far mostly this: We have the power to un-nerf hoplites now. WILL WE DO IT? I need to hop in irc.
We could remove the speed penalty for spears when used with shield, or greatly reduce it. Damage penalty should stay though. you're only using one hand.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:01:20 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »
+1
this was the best update ever
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2012, 11:34:58 pm »
lol ive used polearms for 7 gens in total and i have honestly never noticed killing someone using polestagger so this new shit makes no difference to me at all, tbh i never used polearms for the stun it never came to mind for me ever. i used polearms because i love how they look. so for me its a plus because it helps me in battle now to not get polestaggerned by for example: Samfisher with his hafted blade.

Baha :)

Same here man. I've used the bec since back when experience was based on how close you were to a kill. I never really took advantage or paid much attention to the polestagger. I suppose the update is a bit of a relief though. People can no longer bitch when I beat them.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 12:04:07 am »
I wonder what they didthis
but by far mostly this: We have the power to un-nerf hoplites now. WILL WE DO IT? I need to hop in irc.
We could remove the speed penalty for spears when used with shield, or greatly reduce it. Damage penalty should stay though. you're only using one hand.

Hoplites are very useful in 200 men battle on EU_1_NEW where they can block from different sides and stab enemies that aren't close to them. They are very useful in such gangbangs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 529
  • Infamy: 1096
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:19 am »

Same here man. I've used the bec since back when experience was based on how close you were to a kill. I never really took advantage or paid much attention to the polestagger. I suppose the update is a bit of a relief though. People can no longer bitch when I beat them.

People who always hold attack won't even notice it because their attacks aren't fast enough to profit from polestagger.