Author Topic: They removed polestagger  (Read 3608 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: They removed polestagger
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 03:56:05 am »
Seriously? As much as people hate it, honestly it evened out poles with 2hs. 2hs have the ridiculous hilt slash and lolstab, not too mention length and just overall speed. Now there's really no reason to be anything but 2h when it comes to deciding between 2h and poles. I think that's a little ridiculous. As much as everyone despised it, it evened them out. Now poles are just slower, shorter, shittier 2hs. As if 2h didn't dominate enough  :rolleyes:

Play the game some more plz, or try 2h on a higher level. Im not even gonna argue with that :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 03:59:02 am »
+1
So instead of finding a way to knock down the superiority of 2-handed weapons (Let's face it, they are vastly superior) they buff them by removing Polestagger?

You gotta be dicking me.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 04:06:18 am »
+7
Balance aside - the stagger was a really shitty mechanic. They can fix the balance later, if needed for all I care. I'm just glad it's gone.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 04:10:56 am »
Seriously? As much as people hate it, honestly it evened out poles with 2hs. 2hs have the ridiculous hilt slash and lolstab, not too mention length and just overall speed. Now there's really no reason to be anything but 2h when it comes to deciding between 2h and poles. I think that's a little ridiculous. As much as everyone despised it, it evened them out. Now poles are just slower, shorter, shittier 2hs. As if 2h didn't dominate enough  :rolleyes:

Then the only thing that remains to be done is fixing the 2h hitbox detection (or however you want to call it (hiltslash)) and the thrust of greatswords.

Oh, and, by the way, even though most polearms have a shorter reach than great swords, they either do more damage or have bonus against shields.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 04:20:47 am »
+2
Listen, i won't deny that the polestagger was ridiculous. I mean ''HURR DURR I PIKED YOU NOW I GET 1 EXTRA HIT HAAHHAAHAHAHAH''. But it was polearms only plus side against 2h greatswords with their shitty wtf reach/lolstab bullcrap.

Either you nerf the reach, seriously nerf the dmg (they still get speed bonus dmg with spins...) or completely redo the animation (which would be tough and i doubt something devs wants) or get better reach for polearms.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 04:24:09 am »
+4
All it means is that the scrubs who relied on polestagger to actually do well with polearms will migrate to 2H, leaving the actual *good* polearm users to dominate.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 04:29:55 am »

Shorter???? Nooooo, slower? Yesss.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 05:00:49 am »
Balance aside - the stagger was a really shitty mechanic. They can fix the balance later, if needed for all I care. I'm just glad it's gone.
Agreed. Only made sense on spear&shields anyway who had huge speed and damage debuffs anyway.

What I really would like now is a lunge ability for poles spears. A stab where you maximize the length with a tradeoff of less damage/higher glance chance.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 05:04:06 am »
+3

So finally the annoying 2h lobbyist kids can shut the hell up.

Awesome.

Can't wait to see what will happen to 2h, In all seriousness I'd give the greatswords polearm stab animations. Stuff like longsword should keep the stab maybe.

Also interested about what will happen to spear/shield. Like hell, REALLY interested.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 05:12:43 am »
+1
So finally the annoying 2h lobbyist kids can shut the hell up.

Awesome.

Can't wait to see what will happen to 2h, In all seriousness I'd give the greatswords polearm stab animations. Stuff like longsword should keep the stab maybe.

Also interested about what will happen to spear/shield. Like hell, REALLY interested.

I say give swords polearm stabs and be done with it.

The 2h stab in this game is retarded no matter how you look at it, if this game had a shred of realism, you would break your god damned wrists with that retarded stab.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 05:20:54 am »
+2
In other news: the value of war spears has plummeted, causing riots and rage quitting from long time polearm users. Could this be the end of an era?

But on a serious note: I've used very fast and very slow polearms, but the only time I found that polestun was useful was when I used a war spear/red tassel spear. The speed is high enough that you can get the extra hit in, and the damage is shitty enough that you need to use the stun-lock to get a clean thrust to the face in. With my quarterstaff and glaive I don't need it because I either have high enough damage or knockdown + high enough speed for my swings to connect first.

What I really wish they would nerf is the insane speed bonus you get from doing massive spins as you swing. Yes it's possible, but it would throw you off balance because of how quick you're rotating around your center with almost all of your mass behind the movement, and having your spin attack blocked would stun you or knock you off balance.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 05:48:00 am »
+5
Polestun was fine.  Yes it's annoying to get stunned to another hit, but most of the weapons that could take advantage of that were the faster weaker polearms.

The whine about polestun was mostly from duelers.  In battle polestun had it's place for hoplites & the support weapons.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:14 am »
+2
THANK FUCKING CHRIST!

Now all they have to do is add an over head stab for the long spear and pike and all is fucking well woot, fucking woot woot!

Forgot to add!

Also;

1. Jack up damage
2. Jack the damage up on unbalanced weapons to amusingly high levels.
3. Take the unbalanced tag off the Long Volouge and Long Bard (leave it on the GLB)

So says the Frank!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:55:33 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 05:55:09 am »
+7
THANK FUCKING CHRIST!

Now all they have to do is add an over head stab for the long spear and pike and all is fucking well woot, fucking woot woot!

And bring back the old long voulge!

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 06:05:30 am »
My long spear is not op anymore and obviously underpowered compare to a greatword in therm of lol stab.
Spears are just good against cavs now  :cry:

why should it be better anyway?