Author Topic: Version 0.286  (Read 94539 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Version 0.286
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:36 am »
No polestagger? Yeah, I'm coming back :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2012, 09:17:05 am »
awesome job :D

however... :p i think the spam prot. is a good idea but the current setting is abit harsh imo. maybe increase amount of voice commands just a tiny bit? :)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2012, 10:22:49 am »
I noticed something different with 2h thrust today.

1. You can't turn as fast during thrust anymore(no more lolspins I guess), that's fine. But at the moment it needs revision, because I can't even aim the thrust.
2. The animation does not appear to be "true", as in it does not hit where you think it will. There's a slight off-set for the thrust, about 2cm away from the center of where it used to hit.
3. It glances a lot and it seems really weak.

So please, think about my previous suggestion. Just make the thrust shorter(with a much more logical animation), so much that it will not outreach spears that are designed to have longer thrusts. Make it stronger of an attack, deal more damage etc but reduce the +80 animations radically. Maybe even halve it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:27:55 am by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:05 am »
So please, think about my previous suggestion. Just make the thrust shorter(with a much more logical animation), so much that it will not outreach spears that are designed to have longer thrusts. Make it stronger of an attack, deal more damage etc but reduce the +80 animations radically. Maybe even halve it.

Thanks.

This sounds reasonable. The 2h trust should be shorter or atleast make less damage if you hit with just the tip of the sword or at the end of animation (aka the most powerful stab at the beggining of thrust). In return, buff 2h stab damage a bit so it is more on par with swingable polearm stab damage.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2012, 10:47:28 am »
And they have officially fucked up my playstyle. They did something to the speed which you can turn in during combat. There's a turnspeed limitation that no one mentioned in changelogs.

All I see this accomplishing is making combat even more dull than it already is, because it affects my feinting and my ability to switch targets when I'm outnumbered. So basically, if you're up against 2 guys, all it takes for them is to move aside a bit and start spamming, because I can't turn fast enough despite my sensitivity and voĆ­la you have effectively fucked up combat once again. Well done devs, well done.

I may be raging a bit now, so if you can look past that and see the rational concern in my complaint I implore you to either completely remove this new turnspeed limitation or tweak it. The mod is not in alpha anymore, you can afford to actually refrain from implementing such radical changes after TESTING THEM ADEQUATELY enough.

I may say something that you will find ridiculous now, but in my opinion, I do not think majority of you devs (chadz, cmp, Espu) play the game enough to be able to make such drastical changes to combat with an educated opinion. I don't agree with what you have done because I don't see any reason behind it other than that you think it's "ridiculous" for some reason because you don't understand why people "lolspin" or "helicopterfeint" or whatever. Yes it may look ridiculous to the common eye, and I can agree with that to some point, but just because it's ridiculous doesn't mean you have to remove it. The consequences are far more numerous than a simply eyesore. This whole paragraph is based on the assumption that you made these changes because you thought two-hander heroes look retarded when they do their macrofeints and turn 180 to thrust some guy in the face and then turn 180 again and kill a plated elephant in one blow and etc etc etc.

Edit: Just tested the turnspeed while attacking on my polearm alt, same thing there. I guess you really decided to make the combat more suited for 11 year olds.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:51:48 am by Bjord »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:36 am »
I probably will adapt, that's not the problem.

This may be more realistic but it's still a very obtrusive change. I don't like it, to say the least.

Despite my slight overreaction I am interested to hear in what the devs want to say about this, I don't think it's fair to make such changes without notifying the players... A real dick move, if you ask me.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2012, 11:42:45 am »
+1
Oh shut up bjord. i traded all my stuff for champ horses,and now they nerfed cav manouver. I should be whining here more then you.
I lost my gloves and other fine gear. -.-

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2012, 11:52:23 am »
Oh shut up bjord. i traded all my stuff for champ horses,and now they nerfed cav manouver. I should be whining here more then you.
I lost my gloves and other fine gear. -.-

How? I don't see any change in stats?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2012, 12:18:11 pm »
Told ya. Cav and archers and Xbowers and hell maybe even Polearmers can adapt and overcome and won't QQ but never nerf 2h lol... They must be treated differently.

Bohoooooo you can't make your playstyle consist of only lolstabs...how sad  (not directed to anyone in particular but the 2h player base at whole).

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »
+1
If they've slowed down rotation then that's just fucked up boring.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:38 pm »
Time to see how bad the nerf is this time.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2012, 01:06:18 pm »
Hm, that's why I had an unusual problem hitting people with my long awlpike, I guess
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »
+2
The sweet sound of spear abusers whimpering...

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2012, 01:11:05 pm »
While awlpikes and spears and such are super nerfed, this game is getting more boring by the patch, everything gets slower while the more people are learning to be able to block so all duels last for ages and it is insanely boring.

I don't care if I have to play without polestagger or slow turning, the whole game feels like a snail and even War of the Roses has faster gameplay now. Sorry but this dumbing down of the game is kind of pissing me off, the motivation to play was coming back, sorta but it is just getting stomped back in the ground because of these patches.

I've played cavalry with getting nerfed, I was pretty good with it, I play Two-handed on a skip the fun character, I got a polearm and I can play with every polearm there is availible from staff to glaive and awlpike and so on, which means I can see the difference of the game speed very clearly.

There is no motivation enough to fight a duel where you can't even outskill someone properly but there is only patience and the most boring duels you can ever imagine.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:14:12 pm by Thovex »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2012, 01:13:39 pm »
+1
Making a poll in Suggestion Forum.