Author Topic: VISUAL THROWING ANALYSIS  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: VISUAL THROWING ANALYSIS
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54:47 am »
Been messing around with rocks and PT 11 yesterday. The damn things fly so slow I have to get close to hit reliably. Might aswell take a different weapon instead. I made a kill with rocks, where I threw at the archer. He sidestepped to dodge, stepped back to dodge my next throw and took my first rock in the face.

I got the most kills with javelins and throwing axes. I'll mess around with the 4 point shurikens tonight.

Oh yeah, my build will be 10 PS, 12 PT and 1 WM at level 30. I find it effective in sieges, but lacking in battles. The REALLY slow speed and ineffectiveness in melee (even with 10 PT, not having wpf hurts) makes it hard to get out of trouble. In sieges it's great to snipe archers with darts when attacking and hurl javelins/axes down ladders as a defender.
considering the difference between 113 wpf and 118 is what 1 WM does, get a point of athletics instead.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
considering the difference between 113 wpf and 118 is what 1 WM does, get a point of athletics instead.

Maybe I should've, but I figured every tiny bit of accuracy helps.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 07:35:06 am »
Been messing around with rocks and PT 11 yesterday. The damn things fly so slow I have to get close to hit reliably. Might aswell take a different weapon instead. I made a kill with rocks, where I threw at the archer. He sidestepped to dodge, stepped back to dodge my next throw and took my first rock in the face.

I got the most kills with javelins and throwing axes. I'll mess around with the 4 point shurikens tonight.

Oh yeah, my build will be 10 PS, 12 PT and 1 WM at level 30. I find it effective in sieges, but lacking in battles. The REALLY slow speed and ineffectiveness in melee (even with 10 PT, not having wpf hurts) makes it hard to get out of trouble. In sieges it's great to snipe archers with darts when attacking and hurl javelins/axes down ladders as a defender.

This is a much stronger and more well rounded build than dravic's and my joke build. I would recommend instead of using the extra WPF in throwing, use the extra WPF from your WM in 2 handed or whatever melee weapon you are going to use to give you a slight speed boost. 5 WPF isn't even remotely noticeable at that level.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: