Author Topic: I Hate When...  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
Re: I Hate When...
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »
Yeah it does suck but outside of having your own private DTV server I think there will always be problems with scrubbies who don't listen coming in

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:27 pm »
I make threads complaining about how much of a rambo hero I can't be with other players ruining my fun by just playing the game as well.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »
I make threads complaining about how much of a rambo hero I can't be with other players ruining my fun by just playing the game as well.
When the rest of your team is mainly bot fodder rambo is the only hope. If I'm on an obviously clueless and or leech team sometimes I gear up and use my best stuff if I really want to win (and lose much gold). Otherwise I just accept that we are going to lose and try to minimize losing too much gold.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:39 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 01:53:02 am »
Although the bot spawns do depend on the player levels, atm it's still a lot better to have a few high level characters over a lot of peasants.

Furthermore, the problem isn't just the levels but also how DTV seems to attract all the players that barely can play the game.

Offline Jano10

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Renegade_Jano
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 02:00:37 am »
I was on DTV by myself. I solo'd my way up to Vitez, and a person with ping of 170 or so came in. I asked him not to shoot me, and he dies the first round. He then leaves, and this leaves me with extra enemies to kill. I made it up to the last round of Vitez, and they ended up killing her because there were too many. Then more people came--low level EU and Napkin's ping was spiking. I decided to leave the next round, but I am so disappoint because I could've beaten it. I'm wondering if people would support a level limit on DTV, so that peasants and the such cannot flood the server, be of no use, and be a burden that brings the team down. Here's zhe screenshot :[ My two deaths were a headshot by Shik and one by Varric. AUTOAIMS...

I agree with Miley a lot of people come in grief then leave or just new people that cant get a kill and just make more enemies if they could make a level restriction that would be great  :D

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 02:13:40 am »
I was on DTV by myself. I solo'd my way up to Vitez, and a person with ping of 170 or so came in. I asked him not to shoot me, and he dies the first round. He then leaves, and this leaves me with extra enemies to kill. I made it up to the last round of Vitez, and they ended up killing her because there were too many. Then more people came--low level EU and Napkin's ping was spiking. I decided to leave the next round, but I am so disappoint because I could've beaten it. I'm wondering if people would support a level limit on DTV, so that peasants and the such cannot flood the server, be of no use, and be a burden that brings the team down. Here's zhe screenshot :[ My two deaths were a headshot by Shik and one by Varric. AUTOAIMS...

I had the same thing happen to me during the Engineer round.  Some guy joins, picks up a bit of a train, then dies behind me while I'm stuck in melee.  I was disappointed at first but those engie pricks were probably going to headshot me sooner or later anyway.  The bot's ability to aim at my face through a horde of their own teammates is uncanny.

I don't support a level restriction however; I think it's unfair for my desire to superhero DTV to block others from participating.  There is an issue with obvious leeching but I'm not sure of how to go about solving that.

Also, fuck Mylet.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1222
  • Infamy: 968
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 02:26:22 am »
...frustrated infantry player retire into cavalry and start to bump teammates on purpose, not caring for them at all. Main reason for this is the fact that he was bumped in the past so it's his turn to show everyone who's the "boss". Like when a kid who's been beaten by his father, later in life start beating his own children.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 03:30:04 am »
Exactly what I was thinking after reading the OP.
Did the OP just accuse bots of aimbotting...?

What is this OP you are speaking of?

I try telling these low level, new people, etc. people that DTV is bad exp and gold. One rarely leaves because I say this, but rather a couple get mad at me for saying it. Yet flocks of peasants come to be stuck on the Peasant/Bandit round for eternity...

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 05:23:19 am »
I don't really care but for gods' sake don't block my swings "helping", breaking my flow and distracting me from lining up my train.
And how!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 1167
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »
Yeah, nothing I hate more than passive shielders. Those standing beside you doing nothing but blocking your swings because they are too scared to attack the enemy who's turned his back to them. In those situations I have to block a lot but can't attack because turtle is all over the place and I don't want to hurt him instead...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:38 pm »
OP in this context = original post.
It could have meant over powered, or other penis/pussy.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:17 pm »
What original post? o.o

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »
What original post? o.o

the boobies, aka first post...the one that started the thread.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:48 am »
a person with ping of 170 or so came in. I asked him not to shoot me, and he dies the first round. He then leaves, and this leaves me with extra enemies to kill. I made it up to the last round of Vitez, and they ended up killing her because there were too many.
Damn sad truth, I can only empathise with you. :|