Author Topic: HACKED  (Read 10337 times)

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
Re: Worst exclusive banners thread
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »
I find it amusing how hard the Devs have worked to keep the armor and weapons somewhat believable, and then they enable a system that not only allows all these shit, childish, 'look at me and my pedantic trolling' banners that pretty much throw the whole medieval ambiance in the toilet,  but they actually force it on you, unless you want to reload custom banner packs everytime a new pack loads every 3 hours.

Great Idea, bad implementation.

Sorry, but this is lame.  This is alot worse than having done nothing at all, and let people choose their level of 'realism' with banner packs reloaded only when a content patch comes along.  It WAS so easy, to just load this stupid crap yourself if thats what you wanted on your OWN copy, now, youve implimented a system that is basically forcing the  most immature/inappropriate to the game garbage, created by trolls that want nothing more than someone to look at them, onto the entire community.

Might as well add storm trooper armor and five foot long cod pieces.  This is just stupid.

Why dont we just add 2-handed pink dildo maces Devs?  Free speech right?  lol, yeah right.

Up until now, this game improved on M&B's medieval theme, now it looks like a bunch of ten year olds with crayons drawing poop, sex organ, and 'let me be offensive like an unruly 3rd grader' graffiti, on an otherwise well done medieval fighting game. (no offense to the really cool 'serious banners that people have created and loaded - good job, they are friggin sweet!)

Rant all you want, This communities little troll games are immature and sad not to mention REAAAAALLLLY old, and not so funny.  We got the joke - 2 YEARS AGO,  the same joke everyday for 2 years aint funny.  Atleast get a better joke.

The Prates of the burning sea system wouldnt work here either, because that was community driven and policed, and THIS community is just pathetic when it comes to  maturity, and having the ability to not make poop jokes at every opportunity.

Keep this 10 year old shit on the forums Devs, these knuckleheads are  destroying your product with this garbage. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:24:41 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »
Oh and also, the fact that these banners load every couple hours, thus fucking up everyones custom files like darkness, metal sounds, etc, was short sighted and and not very well thought out too.

Get rid of it, and work on a better way of implimenting it.  This isnt doing anyone any good, its a giant step backward.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 10:24:32 pm »
Well its pretty easy to fix, it just has to be moderated and people who submit bad banners get punished for wasting admin time, that would cut down on the penis/sperm/KKK uploads real fast. Right now it seems there's basically zero moderation of banners...

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2012, 10:34:12 pm »
Yeah i dont wanna be all mr. serious, but this is trolling, and not even good trolling, and not really fun.  I've seen a penis drawn with a crayon before.  Har Har.

But even more, the way it creates a patch everytime 1 or 2 new banners are added, makes everyone who uses custom stuff like Calradia in darness, metal sounds reload their stuff? 

Major lack of forsight on the devs part, unless this is the first step to getting rid of everything custom in CRPG....

so if thats the case, they should just come out and say it, and be honest, and if it isnt, they should just shelve this crap and let people do the banner packs which was way better, I dont see any balancing improvements,  just a gold sink in unison with a giant step backwards in graphics.

If the devs think this is some great improvement to banner balance, then moderate the damned poop joke monster YOUVE created, and ALSO load this stuff on a regular schedule like weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:46:30 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »
+1
I find it hilarious how people get super mad and write essay shit posts when we already announced they will be moderated.
Inform yourself first maybe?

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 10:43:50 pm »
+1

herp derp durr hurr

It only updates the banner files, not the entire game. Your mods aren't touched.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:07 pm »
I find it hilarious how people get super mad and write essay shit posts when we already announced they will be moderated.
Inform yourself first maybe?

If you call that an essay. I'd hate see your grades from your school days.

Moderating and announcing your going too, are two completely seperate things.

maybe if this mod wasnt amaturish from every aspect, I would have known about your announcement, and maybe if you ever wanted to be picked up by anyone and paid, you would have been moderating from the moment of implimentation.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »
maybe if this mod wasnt amaturish from every aspect, I would have known about your announcement, and maybe if you ever wanted to be picked up by anyone and paid, you would have been moderating from the moment of implimentation.
No offense, but if you hate the mod so much why the fuck you play it?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »
+1
If you call that an essay. I'd hate see your grades from your school days.

Moderating and announcing your going too, are two completely seperate things.

Or maybe it's just you talking shit. You kinda confirmed that with your post about the banner updater overwriting your mods, which is utter bullshit.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2012, 10:51:56 pm »

It only updates the banner files, not the entire game. Your mods aren't touched.

Hmm well we had some members that seemed to think otherwise.  I dont use any mods so I dont have anything first hand on that.

My apologies on that note then.

I stiull think its amature to release this and not moderate it out of the box.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2012, 10:52:05 pm »
+1
No offense, but if you hate the mod so much why the fuck you play it?

He mad cuz his skinny ass can't roleplay viking/nord.

LARP 4 life.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2012, 10:53:03 pm »
+1
DOnt upset cmp he might remove invisable horses, im enjoyin em man.  :mrgreen:
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »
Or maybe it's just you talking shit. You kinda confirmed that with your post about the banner updater overwriting your mods, which is utter bullshit.

I admitted my wrong,  I'll be suprised if you do, after you have time to watch this thread, but not time to run the moderation on your banners properly.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »
I admitted my wrong,  I'll be suprised if you do, after you have time to watch this thread, but not time to run the moderation on your banners properly.

Admit what exactly?
And I'm not a website dev, so there you go again talking shit.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 10:58:23 pm »
Admit what exactly?
And I'm not a website dev, so there you go again talking shit.

That this shouldnt have been implemented until the moderation part was already doing its part/ in place.

thats all man,  I'm not here to get in a major fight or anything.

my point was, the stupid trolling penis/poop/whatever banners are making your and the devs hard work, look  bad.

i appreciate this mod, I dont appreciate however bieng singled out for pointing out what should be obvious, and apparently wasnt when they pushed this live.

And I'm not ranting against the devs if you took it that way  (other than they shouldve seen THIS one coming, and THIS was somewhat amaturish), i'm ranting against the 10 year-old dick joke community.   

I'd like to see this mod picked up by a Dev house if thats what the devs want, but this and a few other things are just shooting that 'projected image' in the foot.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:02:35 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »