16 (21.3%)
I don't like suggestion 1
13 (17.3%)
I don't like suggestion 2
5 (6.7%)
I don't like suggestion 3
10 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: A few ideas regarding weapons  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
Re: A few ideas regarding weapons
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »
Do you have greatswords/glaives/huscarl shields in Deluge?

Also, half-swording could use a change, i agree.

About shields, this was tried once, iirc. Didn't work out too well for a myriad of reasons.

No greatswords but plenty of glaives and halberds and a variety of shields as well. Give the shield thing another try. It's horrible as it is now, and that's coming from a shielder. It has worked in other mods so with some time and effort it can work in cRPG as well.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:24 pm »
+2
say whatever you want but 1 and 3 are really good ideas,
And i dont care about shielders, I want se more big shields ingame, less forcefield bulshit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »
While I also agree that half-swording could use a fix and that pike braces may serve an interesting addition, I don't like the way you present it. Your suggestions are obviously purely based on realism and what is possible in real life and not. Don't bullshit, because anyone can see that. Thankfully we have smart devs who don't care about what people like you think.

I find it rather funny, though, how all the comments have been about the first suggestion.

I find it rather funny that anyone who argues against you is automatically an idiot and you refuse to acknowledge other people's opinion. Why should we even listen to yours?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:57 pm »
While I also agree that half-swording could use a fix and that pike braces may serve an interesting addition, I don't like the way you present it. Your suggestions are obviously purely based on realism and what is possible in real life and not. Don't bullshit, because anyone can see that. Thankfully we have smart devs who don't care about what people like you think.

I find it rather funny that anyone who argues against you is automatically an idiot and you refuse to acknowledge other people's opinion. Why should we even listen to yours?

It's not my solution. They did it in Deluge, it worked, and I liked it. End of story. It's not purely based on realism but it sure is more realistic than what we have now.

I don't think I ever used the word idiot, nor did I think that any of those who commented here, except you of course, are idiots. While I do not share their opinions I do respect them. That does not, nor should it, stop me from further explaining my opinions and respond to their criticism.

You just won't let it go :)

You're two years older than me and yet you keep throwing verbal rocks at me whenever I post some valid opinions and ideas. We've been here many times before: yes I am an idiot for apparently  being "richer" than you.

Yes I am also an idiot because your parents were immigrants.

Yes being and having been at one of the best schools in Denmark makes me an idiot.

Yes you not liking me makes your shitty opinions valid.

Yes Denmark is inferior to Sweden.

Yes me having once been 15 means that I do not age and learn.

Yes me doing Historical Weapons Combat and possessing several swords makes me an idiot.

Yes you knowing nothing about medieval weapons and warfare makes me an idiot. A good friend form Nditions once told me how you had flamed her, as you always do, because she did not share your belief that medieval swords weighed 20 kilos or something equally stupid (Might have been something about armour as well, but it was hilarious and almost as stupid as you calling out Poles for being Polish on an official server and getting banned for it :D).

Return now to your cave of digital misery and enjoy yourself. I made this thread because I had some ideas I thought I'd share with this community and you calling me an idiot won't change that. Feel free to PM me or something similar if you want to discuss my stupidity. You obviously have nothing new to say so don't bother trying.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »
I now share ptx's curiosity; what the fuck have you been smoking?

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:11 pm »
I now share ptx's curiosity; what the fuck have you been smoking?

I don't smoke in general and I haven't been drinking either. I just made a list of your usual "points" so you don't have to do it yourself. Do please cease posting here unless it's relevant. Calling me an idiot and claiming that I call other people idiots for having their own valid opinions is so very like you :)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 02:58:47 pm »
First of all I didn't even call you an idiot. This is something you  put in your own head, so once again I ask: what the fuck are you smoking?  :lol:

Secondly, you're a joke. Maybe even the biggest one in this community. So please keep going, keep us entertained. :)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »
Suggestion 3 most def

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 03:06:36 pm »
First of all I didn't even call you an idiot. This is something you  put in your own head, so once again I ask: what the fuck are you smoking?  :lol:

Secondly, you're a joke. Maybe even the biggest one in this community. So please keep going, keep us entertained. :)

While not using the word idiot it is common knowledge that you despise me - and don't worry, it's mutual.

The joke has shared his opinions with the community and the poll seems to suggest that at least some people share his beliefs. If I'm a joke I wonder where that leaves you :) I've posted ideas and constructive criticism whereas you've read the name Ragni and started flaming and making an idiot of yourself as usual. Some members of this community seem to be able to communicate peacefully and share their ideas, a few of those have commented here already, you obviously can't and therefore should stop cocking about. The joke has some knowledge about both realism AND gameplay (more than you it'd seem) and he has suggested some ideas that he would not benefit from but that he'd still like to see implemented as they would improve the quality of this mod.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »

Where is Xantman?!

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »

Where is Xantman?!

Obviously not here so perhaps you should join him? Feel free to create a "We hate Ragni"-thread, it could be quite interesting, but please stop posting on this thread. You're achieving nothing 'cept making you look more ignorant than you really are.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 03:21:14 pm »
If you think we hate you, you're giving yourself more credit than you deserve. We just think you're a funny guy with lots of funny ideas! And besides, making a thread like that will cause you to make an even bigger thread with an immensely bigger wall of text. I think I got my portion of laughter as it is already(thanks for that), so I'll save it for another day.

Or I'll just feint in a duel. Whatever I feel like, really.

...but please stop posting on this thread.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 03:24:02 pm »
If you think we hate you, you're giving yourself more credit than you deserve. We just think you're a funny guy with lots of funny ideas! And besides, making a thread like that will cause you to make an even bigger thread with an immensely bigger wall of text. I think I got my portion of laughter as it is already(thanks for that), so I'll save it for another day.

Or I'll just feint in a duel. Whatever I feel like, really.

(click to show/hide)

Heh, guess you were too stupid to ever realize what I meant those two years ago since you've still got it wrong. But then again that'd just mean that nothing has changed. At least some of us grow :)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 03:29:39 pm »
I now share ptx's curiosity;
pl0x don't

Also, who is "we"?

The first idea is silly, it wouldn't work in cRPG, since, well, cRPG has very, very different melee combat balance and dynamic than, well, any other mod (Do you have fully plated tanks that can take a dozen hits in any other mod? Or super fast ninjas? Didn't think so.). It would simply wreck pike/long spear users, making these weapons just a multi-slot unsheathable anti-cav tool with the occasional (but with a very high chance of getting fucked as a result) use in group melee, with the user having to drop the weapon whenever any enemy as much as moved towards him.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2969
  • Infamy: 2984
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
pTx butthurt cause we want to nerf his precious pike :D

Honestly, I agree with that nerf but it would generate so much rage. Leave it as it is, I finally learned how to live with it.