Author Topic: Suggestion: Simple strategus feature  (Read 597 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Simple strategus feature
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:31:16 pm »
+6
hello, when recruiting players to play in my battles i wish to know their reliability and performance scores, which i can do by putting their name into the player finder and searching them etc.

However, it would be great if you could make it so that these numbers (which you've already generated) simply appeared on the player selection screen.

For example

Hire Players:

[31] Corsair831 - [Corsair's personal message] R: 8 P: 7
[30] Corsair832 - [Corsair's personal message] R: 6 P: 4

where R is reliability and P is performance
this would make it so much easier when deciding which players to hire for a battle and which to not.

thanks a lot, Corsair.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Suggestion: Simple strategus feature
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:29:09 pm »
Sounds nice
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:00:39 am »
NO ! I skipped some battles because i forgot wasn't needed, that we still won.
But my reliability is that bad ! I still want to be hired...

And what's performance ? Killing one tincan with a club, while dying three times ? Killing twenty naked unarmed people, while dying three times ?

It could be a good idea, but there's too many different factors to make this a "simple" strategus feature.

And what do you mean by "that you have already generated", i can't find mine.
If they really already exist, why not.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
NO ! I skipped some battles because i forgot wasn't needed, that we still won.
But my reliability is that bad ! I still want to be hired...

And what's performance ? Killing one tincan with a club, while dying three times ? Killing twenty naked unarmed people, while dying three times ?

It could be a good idea, but there's too many different factors to make this a "simple" strategus feature.

And what do you mean by "that you have already generated", i can't find mine.
If they really already exist, why not.
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfohero&id=33523

All mains got one (ofc, it's no data if they never fought in a strat battle) and it's used by the AI to accept people. This is also where people can read you're BIO.

Although I agree with you're argument that it's too difficult to number a performance. Mine was fucked up after I fought in some battles where we had no gear and all my team did was lose the tickets. Naked peasants vs armed men xD
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:31:48 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »
in my experience, generally speaking, people's performance score is accurate, of course it is not a 100% reflection but it is still very useful when i am planning who i want to be using my limited equipment in a battle.

i generally only accept anyone above 7 reliability and 5 performance.

having this stat appear on the strategus player selection screen would simply be less time consuming ... as it stands you must put every unknown player's name into the player finder to see if they are good / reliable.

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
Ouch, 5 reliability. That hurts.
And 7 performance.

I'll need to be hired for peasant slaughter to make up for this...

Anyway, since the numbers already exist, let's use them, definitely.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:32 pm »
+2
That is the intent for these numbers.

Quote from: Zapper
Mine was fucked up after I fought in some battles where we had no gear and all my team did was lose the tickets. Naked peasants vs armed men xD
The performance is relative to your teams performance, if the whole team gets slaughtered it should only have very little effect on your score. It rewards (or punishes) the people that are better (or worse) than the average of the team. A score of 5 is about average.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:32:11 pm »
That is the intent for these numbers.
The performance is relative to your teams performance, if the whole team gets slaughtered it should only have very little effect on your score. It rewards (or punishes) the people that are better (or worse) than the average of the team. A score of 5 is about average.
That's cool! :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »
yeah it's a nice feature i just wish it was in a more easily accessible place :)