Author Topic: SPOOK ISLAND  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: SPOOK ISLAND
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »
My friend who started this account passed away the other night after a bad car accident.  I don't really have much to say about it and wish the details hadn't spilled over here. 
He started sharing his Steam and CRPG account, in addition to other games, with his cousin and myself half a year ago in an effort to get us to join up since he did not really have time to play because of his job anymore.
He was a good guy if you knew him personally, and loved to joke and clown around all the time.  CRPG was his favorite game and he really did love the community despite what people may or may not think.
I wanted to keep the name and account alive in memory to him. he'd really get a kick out of that but it's just not the same.  Now that everybody knows what happened, I couldn't do it anyway.
No, I'm not selling his heirlooms.  Neither is Wayne.
No, I am not giving the account away since his cousin still plays too sometimes, and we don't really talk.  It wouldn't be right to do that either.
All I can say is that he was a good guy who joked around a lot more than he should have and made some friends and enemies along the way doing it, but he really loved this community and game above all others.  I think that's why he nagged me so hard to play it even when it didn't look very interesting at first.

I hope you guys will respect his memory and make corny jokes toward each other from time to time for him.

RIP Spook Fans

Not to be a dick or anything, if he actually is dead, I still think it's a shame, no one really deserves to die, specially not just because he annoyed some people online.

But we've yet to be shown any sort of news stories on it, this very morning, less than 2 hours ago I was even playing with Ylca and Spook was also there playing a few rounds with us so that doesn't really help the story.

Even if it wasn't actually spook playing, it still feels weird to me that you'd just go and play cRPG for fun less or around 24 hours after a good friend's death, can't tell if it would be a dickmove to do that or this whole story is just troll.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
+2

I hope you guys will respect his memory and make corny jokes toward each other from time to time for him.

RIP Spook Fans

GG Spookfans. 

Here's to hoping its all a stylish way to quit the mod, but I'll still pray for the guy.  If farmer nate dies too I might have to hurl myself over a bridge and find them on the other side.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »
+3
My friend who started this account passed away the other night after a bad car accident.  I don't really have much to say about it and wish the details hadn't spilled over here. 
He started sharing his Steam and CRPG account, in addition to other games, with his cousin and myself half a year ago in an effort to get us to join up since he did not really have time to play because of his job anymore.
He was a good guy if you knew him personally, and loved to joke and clown around all the time.  CRPG was his favorite game and he really did love the community despite what people may or may not think.
I wanted to keep the name and account alive in memory to him. he'd really get a kick out of that but it's just not the same.  Now that everybody knows what happened, I couldn't do it anyway.
No, I am not giving the account away since his cousin still plays too sometimes, and we don't really talk.  It wouldn't be right to do that either.
All I can say is that he was a good guy who joked around a lot more than he should have and made some friends and enemies along the way doing it, but he really loved this community and game above all others.  I think that's why he nagged me so hard to play it even when it didn't look very interesting at first.

RIP Spook Fans

lol. 1/10 at best.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:47:23 pm by BADPLAYER »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

RIP Spook Fans

Mind posting the news article about the accident? Or perhaps the obituary? Also mind telling us why you had no idea what we were talking about this morning when we were talking about spook being deceased?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »
lol. 1/10 at best.

BP got it all figured out :P

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »
who?  :rolleyes:
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »
+1

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »
I am confused at how poophammer posted a link to the post by spook before it happened
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »
+2
Guess god finally muted him so I don't have to.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2012, 04:45:37 pm »
+1
how could anyone actually get mad at spook? dead or alive you guys are bundle of stickss

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »
+6
Oh hey guys my friend just died last night, first order of business I have to get onto his video game account and make sure people are aware of this serious situation.

Get real, this is all an obvious troll. If it isn't who the fuck logs into his dead friend's account to play cRPG the next morning?

Hi Spook.

dibs on 'GHOST_OF_SPOOKISLAND'
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:02:16 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2012, 05:02:05 pm »
I am confused at how poophammer posted a link to the post by spook before it happened

poop is a god
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2012, 05:08:46 pm »
+1
Oh hey guys my friend just died last night, first order of business I have to get onto his video game account and make sure people are aware of this serious situation.

Get real, this is all an obvious troll. If it isn't who the fuck logs into his dead friend's account to play cRPG the next morning?

Hi Spook.

dibs on 'GHOST_OF_SPOOKISLAND'

CALLIN HIM OUT
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »
OWNEDz0rz

There fixed it so non forum users could watch ur msg. DONT FUCKING - ALLERS MAN!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:11 pm »
+3
Spook explained this morning that multiple people play under Spook Island, and the original died in a car accident yesterday.

I asked him which one is/was the raging pub star alcoholic? 

He didn't reply.

I at least dumped a 40 of Natty Ice on a broken keyboard in his name.

But alll this does is beget the question.. who, or what, truly is Spook Island?

Spook Island actually sounds like a racist term for like.. Haiti now that I think about it.

or it could be because he was once molested as a child while watching this

Who, or what, ever a Spook Island is, may he RIP.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:15:35 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.