Author Topic: Stalker 2?? No. Survarium  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Stalker 2?? No. Survarium
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 11:18:22 pm »
this

I reallly wish other games would also inlude pneumatic weapons and stuff, loved the shit out of guns where you had to recharge with a small generator or pump for pressure :>

Volt Driver masterrace, 1 hitting gun with laser sight, 15 bullets, and actually polyvalent !

About Survarium ... Well, I'm pissed off because you can't choose your server so you get 1/2 chance to have 100 ping, and bolt action rifles are useless after rank 5 (they survive 1 shot, they turn back, and they kill you in 4 bullets fired in less than a second with a retarded smg). Also, as I expected it, most people playing it do not even speak a word of english, which means no teamplay at all (no one cares about protecting the base, we get our shit stolen). But even after all this, it could be really great with 3-4 guys playing together on a TS.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 01:01:27 am »
+1
this

I reallly wish other games would also inlude pneumatic weapons and stuff, loved the shit out of guns where you had to recharge with a small generator or pump for pressure :>

The cool thing about metros improved weapons, is how realistic they are. The bastard smg, the pneumatic weapons, bicycle shotgun..apparently one of the metro devs is a mechanical engineer, so he designed the weapons to be perfectly and realistically functional like that irl.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 03:34:42 am »
+1
EDIT: I was drunk and don't even remember writing this post so ignore the content. I actually like Survarium, but I do prefer Stalker over Metro, both are decent games though.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:19:37 pm by Leesin »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 04:54:01 pm »
Downloaded Survarium last night.

Pretty interesting game, enjoying it so far. Loads of Russians that get mad when you kill them though haha.

Gun damage seems to be random, mosin can one shot heavy armoured guys but then wont one shot guys in a fucking t-shirt (hitting in same place). A few lil bugs that need fixing but otherwise a pretty cool game.l

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 12:00:19 am »
Downloaded Survarium last night.

Pretty interesting game, enjoying it so far. Loads of Russians that get mad when you kill them though haha.

Gun damage seems to be random, mosin can one shot heavy armoured guys but then wont one shot guys in a fucking t-shirt (hitting in same place). A few lil bugs that need fixing but otherwise a pretty cool game.l

Bought the scavenger's sniper rifle, I was so happy to 1 hit people through a scope, feeling like Vasily Zaitsev in Stalingrad's ruins. I was happy till I saw some guys surviving two shots ... Now, I know that in post apocalyptic russia, people are robots, not humans with limbs !

Still a good game, but the randomization of damages is killing bolt action rifles. Also, we (cymro and me) need a third guy so we can make russians rage more.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 09:06:05 am »
Yeah it was puzzling to see someone in just a christmas sweater survive a shot to the chest from a rifle, yet another time I got shot by the same rifle at a similar distance in the ARM and it killed me instantly, confusingly random. Still having fun with this game though, using the AKM now, it's pretty beasty and it seems like it actually penetrates through quite a few things people try to hide behind in a shoot out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:09:14 am by Leesin »

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »
Yeah it was puzzling to see someone in just a christmas sweater survive a shot to the chest from a rifle, yet another time I got shot by the same rifle at a similar distance in the ARM and it killed me instantly, confusingly random. Still having fun with this game though, using the AKM now, it's pretty beasty and it seems like it actually penetrates through quite a few things people try to hide behind in a shoot out.

Is it me or there are cheaters ? It's like some guys admitted using wallhack. If only they had some kind of server protection against that shit.

Oh, and lol to the ammount of snipers on some maps, you easily understand why there's a fucking cap in every shooter. :lol:

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 05:25:29 pm »
Is it me or there are cheaters ? It's like some guys admitted using wallhack. If only they had some kind of server protection against that shit.

Oh, and lol to the ammount of snipers on some maps, you easily understand why there's a fucking cap in every shooter. :lol:

Seeing as it has a huge Russian population it wouldn't surprise me, many Russians I have encountered in games seem to see cheating as a valid way to win at a game, maybe that is stereotypical but the games where cheaters are in large numbers usually also have a large Russian player base, I doubt it's a coincidence lol. Not just that but I've encountered some REALLY suspect players myself. I sprinted out from behind a building, the guy with the rifle ( yes rifle, not sniper rifle ) was a mile away, there was no possible way for him to see me beforehand and he head shotted me the instant I came around the corner at full speed, I really don't think that's possible at that distance without cheating even with super reflexes lol.

And yeah, when I end up in a game full of Sniper/Rifles camping the edges of the map I just do the same myself and camp between places within the map with a lot of cover until I can surprise those bundle of stickss. The only time I really use Sniper Rifle is to complete Accuracy missions because it's easy as fuck to do with that.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »
It wasn't like that when I was like around level 1 or 2, but now ... that's lame. It's a bad shooter considering the ammount of snipers, the randomization of damages (traps kill you, damage in arms kill you, a fall from 2 meters kill you, mkay...), people using wallhack because fuck it, lets cheat, etc... But still, I hope it'll get patched, and it'll change those things, I'm waiting so hard to have a PvE mod, where I could actually wander around, find some loot, kill animals, that kind of shit that seemed to be funny in DayZ (although I never played it, sadly).

Cymro is raging so much because ping and russian players, that's fucking gold  :lol:

me too also :(

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 08:29:13 pm »
I was mad cos I shot at one guy and it was so obvious he had some aimbot whatever.

He was running in front of me, I shot at him and he instantly turned 90 degrees and one shot and I died. Was so fucking bullshit, raged so hard.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:17 pm »
Yeah it's a shame, the higher level I have got the more I've noticed bullshit happening that makes me wonder if people are indeed cheating and the more I see battles where half the players are snipers. I also feel the faction missions are a badly implemented idea, they give the biggest rewards and if you want to level up in Faction at a reasonable pace you gotta  focus on them. I find myself aiming to get missions done first rather than actually focusing on my team and winning, stupid shit like getting melee kills, grenade kills, accuracy etc, where I could usually win a fight I find myself losing it because I am focusing on what the missions want me to do to level up my Faction rank.

I've also got bored of the AKM because tbh Assault Rifles don't seem to be balanced very well, they are of course more powerful than SMGs, but the recoil is immense and they fire slower, combined with the shit ironsights they have I seem to do much better with an SMG overall. Now you'd think okay well they are better at slightly longer ranges than SMG and yeah generally they are, but because the recoil so bad even at longer ranges I can shoot full auto with SMGs and own people at the same ranges where I have to fire slowly and control my recoil with an AKM, better off using a rifle for longer range engagements. Feels like they need to balance the weapon types more because after using the AKM for a while it feels like there is only a very small gap for them to be useful on the battlefield somewhere inbetween SMGs and Rifles.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:56 pm »
Looks like they're pretty bad at balancing, i guess. Assault rifles used to be imba OP earlier, just utterly destroying anything at any range, especially SMG users.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 01:46:07 am »
Maybe I just fucking suck with the assault rifles, but I do far better with SMGs and most other guns and I notice more negatives than positives with it and I feel it doesn't fit the role it should be fitting because of the unbalanced negatives/positives.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 06:36:52 pm »
SKS is the biggest amount of BS

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 07:53:11 pm »
SKS is the biggest amount of BS

That.

AKM is OK imo, but it could use more damage and less recoil than the AKS-74U. Try to play insurgency if you don't have it, great shooter.