Author Topic: Path of Exile, the actual Diablo III  (Read 42225 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Path of Exile, the actual Diablo III
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 05:43:17 am »
Can't say I like the trade economy tbh.
Pock gobblers

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 09:15:11 am »
+1
Poison arrow is one badass power to be hones. Been lvling it from the start of the game and its litterally killing entire mobs. The trade system.....eeeeh you get used to it. Its really not as bad as I feared at first really, it just feels kinda.....odd.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 07:26:52 am »
Poison arrow is one badass power to be hones. Been lvling it from the start of the game and its litterally killing entire mobs. The trade system.....eeeeh you get used to it. Its really not as bad as I feared at first really, it just feels kinda.....odd.

I'm playing a Shadow and the lack of any good AoE skills has forced me to hot-swap to bow and spam poison arrow every time there's a large group  :mrgreen:

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:18 am »
The server crashes from time to time. This really wouldnt be much of a problem if I wasnt forced to basically restart 3 lvls of f**king dungeon all over again last time. -.- I was also forced to restart 3 lvls of the same dungeon the second time cause I lost in a bossfight and the dungeon had resetted while I was picking up my insides from the floor. Frankly I dont get this system, I didnt get it in Diablo 3 aswell. Da fack is the point of randomly generated dungeons? They all look the same to everybody in these games anyway.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:38 am »
The server crashes from time to time. This really wouldnt be much of a problem if I wasnt forced to basically restart 3 lvls of f**king dungeon all over again last time. -.- I was also forced to restart 3 lvls of the same dungeon the second time cause I lost in a bossfight and the dungeon had resetted while I was picking up my insides from the floor. Frankly I dont get this system, I didnt get it in Diablo 3 aswell. Da fack is the point of randomly generated dungeons? They all look the same to everybody in these games anyway.

The instances reset every 10-15 minutes so you must've been unlucky. I get DCed all the time and I repeated several areas several times, but I guess at least it gives me levels and gear.
When I reached that fat prison boss dude he practically melted because I was quite stronger :)

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:44 am »
What I like so far (played the first act and some of the second as a duelist):
  • Passive Skill Tree: Simply amazing idea and it's great fun to plan your path through the tree
  • Levelling skill gems: Also a very nice idea, feels good to level all those skill
  • difficulty: it's was harder than diablo 3 on normal but you only come into trouble if you do something stupid (like letting yourself get surrounded)
  • Loot: I really like the choices you have to make - for example: is it worth  taking that sword for some extra damage but than you can't level that skill gem anymore because the slot has the wrong color
  • No auction house: That's the thing I hated about diablo 3 - you never find stuff yourself. You have 2 alternatives once you reach inferno: buy stuff from the AH or die every 3 minutes

What I don't like so far:
  • The flow of the game: The most important part of any ARPG: Is it fun to kill things? Well, I am spamming dual strike all the time because it's simply by far my best ability. The aoe totems do next to no damge, so if I have to figtht 20 of those blood apes, it takes ages killing them one by one. Also it's not fun looking at the screen because of ...
  • the graphics: It's too fucking dark. Also the animations are clumsy and the skills look boring especially after playing diablo 3 with its great diversity of killing things stylishly.
  • the camera is too close to the action (even when zoomed out)
  • The shop:  I think it's the wrong way that you have to pay for animations, spell effects or weapon effects (way too expensive btw - 8$ for making my fireball look like a dragon - you fucking kidding me?). Apart from the extra pages for the stash there is nothing worth buying (for that price). I would be willling to pay my 30€ for the game but not for things that should be in the game in the first place.
  • Server stabilty: I get disconnected at least once per hour - I spent 6 tries running from the last portal until I finally reached the act 1 boss.
All in all I probably finish the game once on normal and than stop playing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »
The instances reset every 10-15 minutes so you must've been unlucky. I get DCed all the time and I repeated several areas several times, but I guess at least it gives me levels and gear.
When I reached that fat prison boss dude he practically melted because I was quite stronger :)

Yea, the prisonguy was easy to me aswell. Only slight use of ultragay archerkiting. :lol: Bascially I got ripped to shreads by Merveil the first time. Second time I came prepared with frostresistant and health regenerating equipment and she was soft as a kitten.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »
+1
  • The flow of the game: The most important part of any ARPG: Is it fun to kill things? Well, I am spamming dual strike all the time because it's simply by far my best ability. The aoe totems do next to no damge, so if I have to figtht 20 of those blood apes, it takes ages killing them one by one.Apart from the extra pages for the stash there is nothing worth buying (for that price). I would be willling to pay my 30€ for the game but not for things that should be in the game in the first place.
  • Server stabilty: I get disconnected at least once per hour - I spent 6 tries running from the last portal until I finally reached the act 1 boss.

AoE totems are brilliant, you just need a nice socketed item from where you can get 2 support gems. With a duelist I was spamming totems all the time, since they were extremely powerful in mobs. Added cold and shock damage for freezing and shock effect while it also had a great knockback effect. No infantry managed to reach it and it raped them totally if they tried. Ranged could take it though :P

The server stability is a sad one. Played for the first time in a couple of months yesterday and I got DCed myself. Heard it's been a problem since open beta, which is a shame since there wasn't any problems like that in closed beta. :(
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
The server stability is a sad one. Played for the first time in a couple of months yesterday and I got DCed myself. Heard it's been a problem since open beta, which is a shame since there wasn't any problems like that in closed beta. :(

Obviously more people now coupled with first week of release tend to give problems like this in any game really.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 01:22:56 pm »
Obviously more people now coupled with first week of release tend to give problems like this in any game really.

Of course, just hope it doesn't stick around :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »
What I'm wondering right now is what is there to do after you finish the story/acts? Are there certain bosses you can grind for more gear/xp? I know there's some PvP but I don't think it has any special meaning.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »
Well the mesages at the loginscreen say just that. Servers way to overcrowded, patching it up. Aye, you finish the acts and thats it apparently.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:16 pm »
What I'm wondering right now is what is there to do after you finish the story/acts? Are there certain bosses you can grind for more gear/xp? I know there's some PvP but I don't think it has any special meaning.

I don't know if they changed it, but before you just went through the same stuff again at a higher difficulty.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 01:30:22 pm »
I don't know if they changed it, but before you just went through the same stuff again at a higher difficulty.

Ah I see. Well I guess that's better than a dead end. Taking my sweet time anyway, only lvl 14 :D

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »
I reached 20. my old friendchery is freaking awesome.