Author Topic: Starting an archer...  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Jonte

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • No more arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jonte
Re: Starting an archer...
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 04:09:01 am »
As a melee weapon if your gonna use a full archery build id highly recommend something blunt as your PS aint gonna be that high.

My next build for gen 2 is gonna have atleast 4 or 5 PS so im gonna roll with a langes messer 2h mode or a fighting axe 2h (may try the mace), but i have no idea how effective it will be as im still a noob.
If you roll with a 1h go with the iberian mace, its just so very good for a low Ps build :)

Im using the rus bow with bodkins and light or medium armor depending on how rich i am.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 05:13:33 am »
I'd suggest a hybrid build if you haven't played an archer for long, because no matter how good you are at positioning yourself, no matter how good you are at landing shots, you are going to be fighting in melee, almost every round. You will have high strength anyway, so it isn't too much of a skill-sink to level PS a few times. Pierce or blunt damage will be better, especially against heavily armored foes - the same ones that you will cover in arrows but never manage to kill without a headshot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Canute

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Cry cry cry, with a lonely heart thinking...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Canute_AoW
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 07:16:42 am »
+1
Thanks for all the advice, I'm currently trying stuff out with my STF.
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Offline Herpderp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 10:53:27 am »
I would highly suggest looming your favourite set of arrows first, especially with bodkins.

If you want to play archer don`t bother with mlee at all. It used to be different but not anymore, don`t build any ps. Some people say a bit of IF is fine but I strongly suggest against it. Just go full agi find your favourite bow and have a pd of AT LEAST 6, even if you want to use a weaker bow. To put it in perspective at 4 pd barbed arrows glance on medium armour. At 5 pd glance on heavy. 6 is the spot where you do at least some damage with cutting arrows. Would not suggest having bodkins 24/7 first gen because you will always lose out on upkeep with a decent bow and 2 or more stacks no matter what armour. Would be great if you could switch arrow types to use bodkins only against tough enemies but unfortunately thats not possible, so bodkins means losing money unless you are good with stacking multipliers.

21/21 rus bow, 3 arrow stacks, skip IF and PS. You need all your wpf in bow so dont bring a melee weapon, pick one off the ground. You only need to fight when running is not possible. Some people would fight with the 0 slot weapons but against good players don't expect to do anything. The most you can do is stun them to allow you to run past them or tie them up until a teammate can save you. If you must bring melee use the horn bow and a mace. By far the best weapon, 2h 1 slot, blunt so useful without ps, and good knockdown chance. Ive killed many tin cans with this thing. In fact i want to even loom it second gen.

Thats about it, just remember. DO NOT make a hybrid build, they are currently terrible. You are far far better off going xbow hybrid. Archery currently is be dedicated to it or feel like a low level archer with a melee weapon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:55:55 am by Herpderp »

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »
You haven't reached second gen yet?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 08:03:17 pm »
21/21 rus bow, 3 arrow stacks

Not possible since the Rus Bow have 2 slots :wink:
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 08:30:52 pm »
18 Strength with 6 points in Power Draw, and 21 Agility with 7 points in Weapon Master and Athletics is a really steady build (lvl 30), and also leaves room for finesse styled improvements in your playing. I started Crpg playing with this build, and it's not something I regret :), glhf :P

Edit: If you use Rus bow with bodkin as 1st set of arrows, and regular arrows as 2nd set of arrows and a 0 slot hammer, you'll be feared :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:34:35 pm by Pejlaen »
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.