Poll

Do 2 Handers deserve a nerf of some kind?

Of course, and a significant one.
10 (23.3%)
Maybe if its a mild nerf.
4 (9.3%)
Other weapons should get a buff to compensate, instead of a 2H nerf.
6 (14%)
No, the ratio of power between the melee classes are fine.
19 (44.2%)
Trolls don't vote on such pesky human matters.
2 (4.7%)
Speed up the game speed in order to compensate.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 21, 2012, 10:47:30 am

Author Topic: 2 Handers  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Handers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 12:06:21 pm »
Because people let them.

And scoreboard isn't everything, when i and random 2h go against one guy it's more likely that 2h will get the frag even if i will do most of the hard work (knock him down with the mace, stun, force him to block wrong way), and i don't give a shit because the enemy will be dead and most likely 2 of us will be alive to kill other people. Scoreboard isn't everything.

Precisely why they should work more for their kills rather than just spam damage.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 12:10:08 pm »
Precisely why they should work more for their kills rather than just spam damage.

Que?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 12:39:36 pm »
Que?

They do less and profit more, that's the whole point of this thread. It's bad when the funniest build is also the most rewarding.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »
+1
They do less and profit more, that's the whole point of this thread. It's bad when the funniest build is also the most rewarding.

You can be a noob spammer just as well with polearms.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »
You can be a noob spammer just as well with polearms.
And with 1h
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:10 pm »
+5
And with 1h

That's not true at all. A noob spamming with 1h is not going to be as dangerous as a noob spamming with 2h/pole.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:26 pm »
+2
DON'T NERF TWOHANDERS!!! BUFF ONEHANDERS!!! THEY SHOULD BE THE MOST PLAYED CLASS!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: UncountedSauce
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 07:47:39 pm »
Thank you for all the supporters, your contribution will definately help.

As to the non-supporters *gets another bucket* The last bucket-o-tears has filled up, here is another bucket to cry in.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:50:30 pm by Siberian_Wolf »
Even the brightest of stars fade in time...

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
+5
I like how you centered your text. You have class.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »
+3
2h have always been op. The only reason they werent allowed to slice incoming missiles was because it was felt that no1 would want to play other classes i (read cannon fodder) if they had that ability also.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 09:29:41 pm »
+2
BUFF RANGED !!!!!!11111one
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 11:50:33 pm »
+2
if 2h is better it should be, playing as 2h is alot harder than being a sheilder, which is easy mode, its like riding a bike with training wheels.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 12:03:15 am »
+2
if 2h is better it should be, playing as 2h is alot harder than being a sheilder, which is easy mode, its like riding a bike with training wheels.

After over half a dozen gens of 2h I switched to shielder last gen and suffered a massive blow to my survivability and kdr.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:52 am »
Duel Server.

So long as battles consist of a series of 1v1 encounters, 2h weapons will dominate.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 01:38:06 pm »
+3
Hmm, let's compare being a twohander in crpg to other mods

-In crpg - a twohander can wear heavy armor from the first round. Also, cavalry cannot outreach them and archers are nerfed so hard that they are less of a problem in general. Also being able to have very good stats (PS, Ath, IF) and very good weapons (Greatswords, Mauls, Katana, Flamberge, Axes, Bar Mace, Cleaver, Bardiches) and very good armor (Anything, especially a loomed set) makes them a true force to be reckoned with. Also note that, armor weights are halved. One example is Mail Hauberk (10.3 weight in crpg, around 20 weight in Native).

-In Warband native - Seeing a twohander is not very common. Seeing a twohander without shield+onehand is much more uncommon. Due to the reason that even heavy armor doesn't protect much and is helluva expensive to get. Cav can outreach you, and archers are super strong. Lowest damage short bow is among the best bows due to excellent fire rate. Archers are also very good in melee, meaning even if you can reach them they fight as good as any other infantry. Lower armor ratio also means, a two hander should be very careful at melee as well. Not very effective spam, due to the low armor ratio in general.

-In Ogniem i Miaczem (also known as WFaS) - Swedish infantry and muscovite troops have good two handed weapons and shield is less of a requirement due to the superiority of firearms. Yet, two handeds are very slow (around 90- 80 speed rating) to be effective spam weapons.

-In Vikingr - Twohanded (also polearm) is not very common still. There are no heavy armor, but every piece of armor is actually very heavy in terms of weight (a tunic has around 20-30). So that you can not ninja. Which means that you can not dodge ranged and have to rely on your shield against ranged (mostly throwing). Still, berserker class has no access to shields which forces them to benefit from their teammates' shields. Similiar to WFaS, those heavy long axes are far from being good spam weapons.

-PWmod - Two hander is very similiar to native here, unlike the armor ratio. But since this mod is not all of fighting, we can skip this mod. Yet, again everyone is forced to carry a shield when going into battle no matter what; or they will just shoot you.

Well, you might say that nothing is perfect. I say yes! Perhaps the other mods are not very good examples of a true balance, and crpg is the one should be inspiring them. But, ugh NO!!! The truth is, I've seen that twohandeds/poles can be very effective if you know how to use them in those mods. Besides no one is crying if they fail as a twohander. It's just that they are not an hardcore infantry class and everyone knows it. All in all (except WFaS), they have to carry something that should protect them against ranged and has to play extremely good/careful to gain the upper hand in melee.

If playing as an archer, shielder is frustrating until level 24-25 and even then, something difficult to benefit greatly at level 30; the two hander should be something similiar.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D