Author Topic: Defend the Virgin Suggestions Thread  (Read 2431 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Defend the Virgin Suggestions Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 10:48:19 am »
The biggest difference in invasion was that you had a greater mass of generally weaker bots and then some boss waves with a few very tough bots and it had specially designed maps that provided defensible areas, most of which usually had a single, long path the bots had to take (the dungeon was a fucking classic). The gamemode just doesn't work in the random village maps.

well ptx have you ever try Extra invasion? I made that mod and its extrmely hard. Where players play as Spartans, Crusaders, Empire, Musketeer, Vikings, Dragon Age Characters against Zombies, Mongols, Romans, Japanese Samurais/ Ninjas, Persians and Aliens. Extra invasion is in full invasion thread on talesworld forum.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:19 am »
could you rebalance bots and their slot usage? i mean, one tincan has morningstar, bec, longbow and arrows.. thats 7 (8) slot, and aint fair ;)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 02:08:13 am »
Rohirric knights ride horses and have only great long axe. Which leaves them with fists on horseback.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 10:52:51 am »
could you rebalance bots and their slot usage? i mean, one tincan has morningstar, bec, longbow and arrows.. thats 7 (8) slot, and aint fair ;)

yes and i know how to make them weaker. But the hoster needs to give me the host files on the troops.txt then i can edit them

Rohirric knights ride horses and have only great long axe. Which leaves them with fists on horseback.

This can be fixed very easily
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:55:35 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 11:29:58 am »
I wouldn't change anything, in my opinion, especially not the friendly-fire. A game without friendly-fire sucks balls.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 11:46:25 am »
I wouldn't change anything, in my opinion, especially not the friendly-fire. A game without friendly-fire sucks balls.

AI don't have friendly fire itself, (Except ranged only)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »
I have seen bots hit each other with melee weapons a couple of times. It only happens when you are moving and the bot doesn't have time to cancel the attack, I suppose.

But, anyway, that isn't a reason to disable FF... Take a look at Nord Invasion. It's a nice mod, but it has reflective FF (crap) and, in the old DTV, FF was off (bigger crap).

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 02:20:25 pm »
I have seen bots hit each other with melee weapons a couple of times. It only happens when you are moving and the bot doesn't have time to cancel the attack, I suppose.

This is false, i have never ever saw them hit each other in melee (it is hardcoded and friendly team hit does not apply for them, cmp also know this) What you are saying must be bots accidently shooting each other. When their blade hit each other nothing happens. Watch them for few times in spec you will get what i mean. Also if we turn off Team hit no one will kill the virgin the change the map. (or just revert it back to defend the village)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 06:53:13 pm »
This new and improved DTV is my favorite game mode now. I love it. I agree with some of the suggestions. It would really be nice if players could keep horses at rounds end and I don't think it'd be overpowered because AI doesn't have heavy armored horses. Not having horses just encourages players to glitch to win because a huge tactical ability has been taken from them (horses). Also about glitching....unless the map has a small opening or bridge etc to shieldwall I don't know how it's currently possible to beat this game mode without glitching....unless there happens to be all elite players on at the time.

Bots are tough and with super human abilities (health, damage and accuracy) but they need to be otherwise good players would steamroll them. Maybe they run a little too fast...maybe but not sure.

Mode is awesome now though, just some simple changes could make it perfect.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:55:04 pm by Lichen »