Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 152997 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #825 on: June 15, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
TKC also has a forum section for hacks for the current version of Mount & Blade: Warband. Just letting you guys know that this group of hackers isn't only affecting DayZ.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #826 on: June 15, 2012, 07:11:43 pm »
I see what you did there...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #827 on: June 15, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »
+4
TKC also has a forum section for hacks for the current version of Mount & Blade: Warband. Just letting you guys know that this group of hackers isn't only affecting DayZ.

We know. They are the guys we ridicule every times we ban a wave of people who used their script kiddie-made autoblocker. :lol:

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #828 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »
We know. They are the guys we ridicule every times we ban a wave of people who used their script kiddie-made autoblocker. :lol:
Good to hear!  :D
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 15, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »
+1
They seem to be capable of only hacking more-or-less indie games.... look at the list of games in their downloads. M&B, ArmA 2 (shittiest cheat protection evar), Vietcong... console games.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #830 on: June 15, 2012, 07:24:26 pm »
what happened, i don't understand anything :)
can sbdy sum it up in a few words?
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #831 on: June 15, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »
what happened, i don't understand anything :)
can sbdy sum it up in a few words?

"For fifteen minutes the project was closed down, it reached a point where hackers were hoping from server to server and killing everyone.

Make no mistake, if it was not for BattlEye, you would not be playing on a server today. That's how bad it got. So I stay up until I'm sure the project is safe."

Rocket has already made so many posts about this issue. I reall do feel bad for the guy.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:35 pm »
And
Well fine, you won. Congratulations. You ruined a free project. Well done. What an amazing group. You destroyed someones work.

I feel no "victory" in the "bans" that were handed out. It just buys some time before the project dies. What you think I'm supposed to ramp it up here? Is that it? Declare war on you and make all these accusations about how safe everything is? What do you think I am? Just what resources do you think I have? You know (well, those who are actually making the tech) the situation with this just as well as I do. There is no war here because it can't be won. It's been lost.

Sounds like he's gonna give up. I hope that's just the sleep deprivation talking. I really do feel bad for the guy, too. He's spent so much time on the mod and he seems like a nice fellow.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #833 on: June 15, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »
And
Sounds like he's gonna give up. I hope that's just the sleep deprivation talking. I really do feel bad for the guy, too. He's spent so much time on the mod and he seems like a nice fellow.
D:
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #834 on: June 15, 2012, 08:48:19 pm »
+2
fuckin hackers hackin projects like this are losers, who should get a rl doorbel ring and a firm couple of fists as a gift to theyr faces

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:40 pm »
Im hoping so as well. The post I quoted was made some time after that really long one so im hoping hes in higher spirits now. It sounds like he knows how inevitable the situation is if they persist. At least he waved the white flag in a sense though im not sure what else theyd want. What started all of this anyway? I haven't really been able to gather anything aside from what a few banned forums posters said in threads.

On a lighter note, maiming survivors and watching hordes of zombies finish them off is one of the most satisfying feelings ever.

(click to show/hide)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:43 pm »
+1
You play DayZ on your phone?

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »
Heh, new rig is literally a stones thrown away too. Just CBA to go get it and set everything up right now. The power supply for this one is about go out though.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #838 on: June 17, 2012, 02:53:49 am »
Wooo what a night.

Empty server of 5 people at night and me and Lorenzo had 2 pvp fights. First we checked all Cherno and ended up at supermarket. We saw a flare and flanked it from both sides and killed a guy in there and looted some stuff. I failed at shooting him a few times (bad ping) and Lorenzo threw a grenade (possible overkill). Turned out I had hit him and he bled out just as the grenade went off.

Then we got to Balota airfield and ran into a guy there. He was carrying a flare so pretty obvious, but neither of us had long range guns and I had a bad connection so upon firing on the guy my winchester shots didn't seem to hit, and Lorenzo opened fire with his mp5SD (not the best pvp weapon). He got a shot off at me at point blank range and Lorenzo killed him. I was unconcious and bleeding, Lorenzo bandaged me and at the point of being bandaged I was on 3.307 blood  :| Turned out the guy had an M14 (not sure how I survived being shot in the face with it) so we promptly looted it and headed to military tents where we both picked up a remington which is my overall favourite gun due to its flashlight, 1 shot kill 200m range and quietness.

So all in all a tense tense night. Was not expecting any pvp action on such an empty server, even at Cherno and Balota as we've never come across anyone there before at night.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 02:58:33 am by Overdriven »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 17, 2012, 03:27:36 am »
Funny thing about ARMA is that reading about it, or even watching vids, is far more entertaining than actually playing it. Mostly because of this shit-engine, clunky movement, horrible bugs, lagging, desync, ridiculous controls design, really bad effects in some parts (try blowing up a building) and lack of any sort of reasonable physics, which is quite surprising considering it's supposed to be a realistic game. Saying this as a long time OFP/ARMA/PR player. 

Unfortunately ARMA defects completely ruin DayZ for me, yesterday I actually rage-uninstalled the whole thing after a zombie started warping all around the place and eventually killed my character.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.