Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 152949 times)

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 11:58:13 pm »
22nd Battalion: Spec Ops Team representing!

(click to show/hide)

The Spec Ops Team consists of Phyrex, Chuck_Norris, Odie and Uthred/Dickhead and is used for reconnaissance, Cloak 'n' Dagger objectives and night missions.

King Plazek of Plazekstan, currently hiding in the infamous Royal Plazekstan Anti-Z bunker sends out this group at night to hunt for easy prey(Nords, especially Tor since he threatened to take our stuff!).

We're fielding Silenced M9 Pistols, DMR Sniper Rifles, Silenced M4 Assault Rifles, Night Vision, Satchel Charges and special 'stealth' cars.

Beware!
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Uhtred

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 12:01:28 am »
Watch out, cause you won't hear a thing. ;)
Trololololol

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2012, 01:02:24 am »
I'll be gunning for 22nd cause they banned us on Mount & Musket once  :twisted:

I take this back  :o

There is night vision???
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:58 am »
I suggest you go on veteran difficulty servers only.

On regular people see your name pop up from miles away and can shoot you without seeing you.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:52 am »
(Nords, especially Tor since he threatened to take our stuff!).

Challenge accepted.
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:42 am »
You guys got a standard server you play on? or just whatever has slots?

I'm mostly on DE8

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2012, 02:37:20 am »
I'm downloading this sucker now. Renay forced me to! D:
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2012, 03:02:56 am »
I normally play EU9, I like the difficulty settings.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2012, 08:16:57 am »
+2
I'll tell you about what happened yesterday in DayZ, this was surely one of the most intense game sessions I had in any game ever. I was literally sweating excitment.

The story begins with me and Spleen meeting outside the village of Balota. We first scouted and looted it, we were attacked by a few zombies on our way through it. It was day, but the weather was kind of foggy so the visibility wasn't the best. As Spleen lost a lot of blood in his first shootout with some guy (he killed him), I gave him a blood transfusion from the blood bag Spleen looted from the guy he killed, so he was kind of lucky that guy was carrying a blood bag he apparently got from some hospital.
Next we decided to check out the small army airport just outside Balota. As that place is usually a hotzone, we approached it from the woods to the north of it, checking for signs of movement for several minutes before entering the base. The base was empty and we didn't encounter a single person or a zombie, but sadly there was no loot either. Luckily, we both had good weapons (Spleen had a shotty, I had a Winchester) from before we met. We decided to check out the biggest and most dangerous city in Chernarus, Chernogorsk.
None of us was there before, so we didn't really know what to expect or how that place is. We took the safe road and walked through the forest following the road to Chernogorsk on our right. We soon saw a big factory on our horizon. It was just outside the city so we said we're gonna check that out. As we were walking towards the factory Spleen suddenly yelled "There's a sniper on the roof!"
I looked at the factory and there he really was, in a crouched position, but not aiming at us. We quickly went prone and hid in the grass. We observed him for a while, but he quickly disappeared as he apparently moved to the other side of the factory roof, so it was safe for us to proceed towards the factory. We were originally planning to scout this house near the factory, but we knew it was best to secure the area first, as that sniper could've turned on us at any time. We decided we're gonna get rid of him.
We slowly approached the factory. There were no zombies so we were lucky. If there were, we would have to shoot and the sniper would be immediately alerted to the gunfire (and probably would've discovered us). We finally reached the walls of the factory. We started looking for a way up to the factory roof and found a ladder on the side. I told Spleen to cover me as I climb the ladder and get rid of the sniper. I started climbing up the ladder and just before I reached the top I peeked over the edge of the roof and saw that the sniper was looking in the other direction. I quickly got up, walked right up to him and shot him right in the head from point blank range.
I yelled down to Spleen the roof is safe and he can come up and loot the sniper rifle. His shotty was useless at this point as he wasted all the ammo. We looted the dead guys body but found nothing of worth, other than the sniper ofcourse. Suddenly we heard zombie moaning. We looked down to the ground and there was more and more coming towards the factory, most probably because they heard the gun shots. Luckily we were on the roof and they haven't yet figured where to climb up, apparently. We shot them all down from the roof. Little did we know there was another guy climbing the ladder to the roof from the other side of the factory... However Spleen noticed the guy just as he climbed up the ladder. He saluted us but we decided to play it safe and shoot him down. We checked what he was wearing but there was nothing special.
Since the last guy surprised us like this, we knew the roof is not safe and proceeded to climb down and head for Chernogorsk. We finally hit the city. There was a few zombies on the outskirts that we avoided as we didn't want to attract attention to us by opening fire. Just as we entered the city carefully, we noticed a store. Stores are filled with loot so this wasn't an option to skip. As we approached the store we noticed there's 4 zombies inside. We made a plan to start shooting at them from the outside, clear the store asap then quickly run inside as there will surely be more zombies coming from god knows where in the city, when they hear the gunfire.
We opened fire and zombies started dropping. We noticed there were more zombies in the store than we originally thought. Taking them down took more than we expected and there were already zombies coming for us from behind outside the store. Spleen decided to quickly take shelter in the store that still had zombies in and I ran just after him. The outside was getting cluttered with zombies. I got scratched by them entering the store. As Spleen started shooting the remaining zombies in the store, I secured the entrance. There were atleast 10 more zombies coming to the entrance... luckily Spleen finally cleared the inside of the store and helped me protect the entrance. We kept shooting them as they were entering the store and after several minutes of defending there was finally no more zombies that tried to enter the store.
As we expected the store was filled with loot. Bandages, cans of food, ammo.. it had everything. I even found a 0.44 Magnum gun I believe. Suddenly we heard gunshots and Spleen yelled "Someone is shooting at us!"
We quickly took cover behind the walls and shelves. At the time someone started shooting at us Spleen was really close to store windows, so he was lucky he didn't get killed. We spent atleast 3 minutes looking at where the shots were coming from... and I noticed the perp in the red building to our right. I told Spleen where he was and we returned fire. The adrenaline started pumping, I knew I could lose my life any second now... The gunfight went on for several minutes but the perp never managed to hit us and I think we never managed to hit him either. He kept switching positions, so he wasn't totally clueless at this. We decided it wasn't worth keeping this up and wasting ammo on air, so we grabbed what was of worth and bailed the store by exiting through back doors. Luckily for us this ended in a draw, we were already both severely injured from our fight with store zombies from before.
We ran away from the store and hid in a safe place close to the sea and decided to call it a night for that day. Most definitely one of the most scary, intense and exciting days.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:26:14 am by Vibe »

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:09 am »
I'm pretty good at this game, install it, fuck around for 15 min in the game control setup to see what's what...

Manage to drop my backpack in the process.... to find out I can't pick it back up!!!  :shock:

throw random flare around for 5 min to get a bit used to it. (Mind you it's 2AM here)

Finally decide to leave the starting shore area... direction inland.

Find some building that you can't enter... move on

Find a barn far away... strange there is a fire setup in the courtyard...

Approach craefully only to find 3 zombies scurring in the barn, kill all 3, start looting the stuff around a bit... hear someone coming in...

I'm already in the top floor of the barn aiming... the guy come in and BAM! I shoot him done. First 30 min in the game and I'm already a Bandit!!! WTF  :mrgreen:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2012, 10:52:39 am »
So today in DayZ KUTT got together and finally teamed up, got completely geared out in great shit. UAV needed 4 wheels, a fuel mechanism, and a windshield. We had two tires, the fuel in it and the windshield in place and all we needed was two wheels so we ran to a different city, found the parts, came back and right as we're coming back the UAV takes off with players inside.

So, that lead to 3 hours of getting trolled, sucked but we trudged on and found another car.

So we spent the next 5 hours running raids through this city to catch respawning car loot. Got 4 tires in it, two spare tires, 9 cans of gasoline, but couldn't find the fuel mechanism or engine parts. Out of no where, this guy comes up behind us, shoots RJ down, I run inside and he tries sneaking up so I shoot him down. Coast is clear, go outside to RJ's body to grab more .45 ammo for my revolver and this dude has already respawned, directly behind me and shoots me down, runs to our car, repairs it and takes off.

Apparently you can respawn glitch somehow and these players have figured it out. It's only happened to me once and basically it respawns me in the position I was in 2 minutes prior to death, so, he spawns in, sees me looting RJ's corpse and drops me then proceeds to be an asshat and deny it.

I need a sleep break from DayZ then I'll be right back in it tomorrow.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2012, 11:17:48 am »
Fucking Vibe will force me to give 30 euros to buy that shit  :mrgreen:
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2012, 11:46:01 am »
+1
I'm pretty good at this game, install it, fuck around for 15 min in the game control setup to see what's what...

Manage to drop my backpack in the process.... to find out I can't pick it back up!!!  :shock:

throw random flare around for 5 min to get a bit used to it. (Mind you it's 2AM here)

Finally decide to leave the starting shore area... direction inland.

Find some building that you can't enter... move on

Find a barn far away... strange there is a fire setup in the courtyard...

Approach craefully only to find 3 zombies scurring in the barn, kill all 3, start looting the stuff around a bit... hear someone coming in...

I'm already in the top floor of the barn aiming... the guy come in and BAM! I shoot him done. First 30 min in the game and I'm already a Bandit!!! WTF  :mrgreen:

Hahaha fuck yeah man noob bandits unite! After eating and drinking all of my food within the first ten minutes by accident, I spent the next thirty minutes trying to climb up a ladder and open in accessible doors. Another player rolls up on me out of nowhere. Fortunately he was just as clueless as I was and stood in the same inaccessible building doorway I was fucking around with. I drop him with two slugs to the head and when trying to figure out how the fuck to loot stuff, I leave my hand gun, bullets and painkillers on the corpse unknowingly and run like hell for about 100 kilometers.  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:47:10 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2012, 12:16:52 pm »
I'm kinda lost in the woods on my character lol but I killed a player yesterday thinking it was a zombie.

I was near a town and sneaking around heard a zombie, saw him crouched and shot it in the face killing it then suddenly another zombie next to him raised wearing all black and and ran far away to not attract attention of other players. The zombie followed me and so I shot him down, then after a few seconds I kept on hearing noises and saw someone crouching all in black and shot him in the face lol.

Shame afterwards when I retried going near the town to find some shit I got shot 4 times and killed >_>

Now I've been running for hours in the forests clueless of where am I.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »
Those crouching hopping zombies actually work quite well with the pathing and they are not teleporting. It seems to be the speed of zombies that makes them all teleporty and buggy.