Author Topic: Need Cav guidance  (Read 2151 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Need Cav guidance
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »
Pappus are you NA or EU?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »
You may want to wear lighter head armor. Not many people will most likely to hit your head whatsover.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »
you need more leg armor mate. You will not like ordinary rouncey with just 3 riding,it is wery slow.
Don't worry about weight of gear because you are rider,not infrantery. :)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »
you need more leg armor mate. You will not like ordinary rouncey with just 3 riding,it is wery slow.
Don't worry about weight of gear because you are rider,not infrantery. :)
a rouncey with 3 riding and no looms is viable and not that slow, I ride a slower horse myself.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Pappus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:16:18 am »
I am on EU and our archers are insane, not sure about NA's.

With the 27ish head armor I used first I was oneshotted with a crossbow going full speed away and another dozen of times sideways, not sure how the 40ish one will work out, but will test that now.

Concerning my armor I am worried about my weight simply because I get dismounted most of the times and then I need to run like a mad man.

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:45:34 am »
Well i can suggest you my own cavalry build. I think it's also useful for on foot fighting.

I'm using heavy lance and random polearm on my back (i'm using shield sometimes to avoid arrows, bolts etc. my shield on horse is blue and purple kite shield) , my horse is champion destrier i never use anything else since it's best in my opinion and much more fit than other horses to my playing style.

21 STR
15 AGI

7 Power Strike
5 Riding
5 Shield
5 Athletics
5 Weapon Master

Whole weapon points on polearm. You can hit hard with this build also champion destrier's charge is very good also with high speed bumps are so useful.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.