Author Topic: Bots in DTV mod too fucking powerful  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bots in DTV mod too fucking powerful
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 05:40:44 pm »
Hmm, removing the repair completely would mean to people having a full gear. (Which is not something bad, don't get me wrong)

So, just make repairs happen after going over a certain amount of cost in your gear perhaps? So we can actually enjoy the mod, with using medium gear. Only for DTV of course.
Let's assume, the virgin handles some of our repairs in exchange up to a certain amount :D
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »
Hmm, removing the repair completely would mean to people having a full gear. (Which is not something bad, don't get me wrong)

So, just make repairs happen after going over a certain amount of cost in your gear perhaps? So we can actually enjoy the mod, with using medium gear. Only for DTV of course.
Let's assume, the virgin handles some of our repairs in exchange up to a certain amount :D

I don't see why having people running around in full plate armour when you're only fighting against the AI and getting deminished rewards is a problem. Sure you can grind your way to super money, but it'll take you a heck of a lot longer, would be faster to go on rageball with a shirt and staff.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »
I agree bots are very tough. Haven't really survived long enough past samurais recently. If you don't have a low ping you basically get mobbed by them and can't do much except die. Also I've said there should be no repairs (and no gold gained either to balance it out). If they are going to hammer us with insanely tough bots we should at least be able to use our best gear to have a chance.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:04:25 pm by Lichen »

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »
we should limit DTV to 15 spots., more players, to hard to fight vs bots

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »
+1
*Rapes Mlekce with a level 12 alt, a longsword, and peasant armor*... so you can't beat a bot in 1vs1?

I don't remember that. Here,just say server you want,make 12 lvl char,with gear you said and we play 3 rounds.
Or nvm pick 30 stf char,any gear you want,any non ranged weapons and go to duel server. I am sick and tired of you saying shit about me.
Lets duel if you have balls?

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »
so.... pistols at dawn?
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »
Mod needs some rebalance, shouldn't take too long, just nerf the bots a bit and buff the gold and Exp system to balance with other games mod. Because people spend time playing this and they earn less wtf?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:58:18 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »
I've been playing this a lot, and have a few suggestions :

-I know it might take a lot of work, but it'd be a nice to create "item sets" without repair costs for each round. For example, against peasants, you could take up to leather armors and lower tier weapons without having to pay upkeep. Then, against weaboos, it could be increased up to mail and mid-tier weps, lower plate with vitez and everything with chadz

Currently, you're forced to use expensive gear against harder waves, otherwise it's plain impossible (try winning vitez with leather armor and old board shield). Which means high repair costs and big money loss if you aren't lucky. Even worse, some people play in peasant gear even against these waves to leech money out of the players doing the work.

Honestly, it's like 1/1000 teams that go up to chadz and less than 10% that get to vitez. You should actually be rewarded and not lose gold if you manage to get that far. Currently it's much more profitable to keep using cheap gear and die against weaboos / sea raiders or even earlier than taking more expensive armor in order to get further into the game.

- This could also need some work, but if some sceners (doesn't have to be devs, it could also be players willing to help) could fix most obvious glitch spots (like roofs that can be accessed by players but not by bots) by adding a ramp or anything that bots could use, it'd be good. It's getting tiring to always see someone glitching on a roof / rock or whatever bullshit they can find and it's probably the main reason why we don't get more rewards out of DTV.

- Fix rohirrim knights please. Some spawn with a great long axe on horseback but can't use it, so they're just riding around trying to kill people with their fists.

- Make engineers more powerful or vitez weaker. Engineers come after vitez but are much easier (no 2h, short weapons, medium armor, bad things for a bot) and get raped unless your team is foolish enough to charge at them. It would be a good idea to give some of them a maul (and it would also fit their theme).

- Perhaps add a gold / xp rewards malus to people who end up a round with 0 kill. Even if you're playing as a shielder in a shieldwall you should be able to get at least 1 kill during the 3 waves.

-This might need a lot of coding or maybe be hard coded, but it'd resolve a key issue of all PvB (players vs bots) game modes. Currently, bots in MP can only block thrust attacks when manual block is on. They obviously can't use the system that's intended for players, and can only use the default block direction (thrust). If you could make a script that automatically puts manual block on for players and automatic block for bots, it'd be great (they block fine when it's on) since the game would become much harder (no more bots slaughtering with long weapon overhead).

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »
+1
DTV: the most shit mode. Needs removing. At least in old DTVILLAGE the bots tried to kill you, now all you need to do is spam overheads stood near the virgin.

To OP: if you got shot by a bot, your retarded, bots cannot predict, only compensate, so if you moving steady direction and speed they hit you, otherwise they dont.

BOTS ARE OP THOUGH: see them sea raiders, with longbow, arrows, sword and shield....WTF, I want 1 slot longbow too!
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »
Crying about OP bots :D
Ive seen many things in my 1,7 years of cRPG but this is one of the worst :D

Cmon, really, all you need is walking backwards and spam overheads, its fuckin easy mode...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »
OMG! DTV is fine as it is now. Don't change anything!

I earned some money earlier today in DTV while using decent gear, so, considering we are fighting bots (which are completely easy unless you get surrounded), I think there's nothing to be buffed here.

If you could make a script that automatically puts manual block on for players and automatic block for bots, it'd be great (they block fine when it's on) since the game would become much harder (no more bots slaughtering with long weapon overhead).

This is the only thing I would change (having bots block in any direction).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:23:38 pm by Mikelon »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 08:25:23 pm »
Me and a group of ~15 died on one of the first few levels and got about 5500 exp so I don't know what anyone is complaining about.
And how!

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »
OMG! DTV is fine as it is now. Don't change anything!

Have you ever check the bots's states via using troop editor or just open the troop.txt? They are almost twice as strong as the players. The boss are like x5 stronger. On some maps where there is open plains (no covers at all) all players will soon get raped by bots because they will just surrounded everyone in first few waves. many of us survive because we had cover from small barricade but still it didn't help because the bots move so fast (Check their ath you will see how fast they are)

Me and a group of ~15 died on one of the first few levels and got about 5500 exp so I don't know what anyone is complaining about.

to finish first few waves it takes like 10-20 minutes. If you are playing battle and if you were on x5 you will be getting 7000+ exp per minute. (depend on ur gen)

what is the point of wearing heavy armor if you can get 1 hit by a enemy boss or 2 hit by their minion?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:36:19 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »
I'd rather fight any pro player over 2 of these bots anyday.  One is way easier then the other.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »
+5

Cmon, really, all you need is walking backwards and spam overheads, its fuckin easy mode...

Bots are far better chamberers than any player in crpg guaranteed, they also get a large amount of knockdown weapons. Mix that with their increased ath meaning walking backwards really does fuck all unless you have a long long weapon, then it is pretty difficult.

At least they do team damage now. Before the main problem was that two or more would hit you at the same time because they could overhead through each other.