Author Topic: Frank was right!  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Frank was right!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
Join the engineer fight! Grab a c-site!

Yes Xynox, just not by creating a weapon rack and then spamming them out.
I think you can still get new ones from a weapon rack as long as you don't place more than one at the same place.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 10:13:23 pm »
NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Like I said, it gets into a discussion over what constitutes "spam" or in this case "a few". Even if I were to give the leeway Zilch has said that the EU admins give of 3 only, you still can't spawn as many as you like. Often it is going to depend upon the situation.
I'm going to be very flexible on this, but like I said, there is no hard and fast rule.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »
+1
Join the engineer fight! Grab a c-site!
I think you can still get new ones from a weapon rack as long as you don't place more than one at the same place.

This is what I was trying to say. In my opinion getting 4 CS's out of a weapon rack and placing all of them on different locations is valid. Id interpret the rule as "you are not allowed to spam one location full of CS's".
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:25:55 pm by XyNox »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 02:27:48 am »
Who was it? He sounds like a man worth his salt. I may have played with him on EU a week back...
dude i cannot remember except it was a really long name(i do remember a fails or snails or milks or some shit like that in the second part of his name), he wore all black as well with black mask. NA siege. also I am a regular and this was the first time I met the guy or seen him

::::also just to clarify he did not spam more than 1 CS per stairs, he was a legit badass fair-playing engineer. with our entire team basically defending the choke points we didnt need to spam or exploit.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:01 pm »
I don't think that hiding behind 3 construction sides and spamming endless Throwing Lances out of a weapon rack should be allowed... Thats just retarded...

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 01:29:01 pm »
+3
Why is it "...just retarded..."?

The weapons racks die in one shot, building them takes time and you are completely vulnerable 90% of the time. Knocking out a siege camp isn't really any harder than taking a wall. The real issue most people will face is that as more people learn engineering and use it as a class teams will start to work around them and use them to the full out of instinct and then the disorganised pubstars trying to take on the semi organised side will get slaughtered, but that's no worse than when a large clan like the Hospis come on in full force using team speak to abuse each other into higher level of performance.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 01:55:50 pm »
dude i cannot remember except it was a really long name(i do remember a fails or snails or milks or some shit like that in the second part of his name), he wore all black as well with black mask. NA siege. also I am a regular and this was the first time I met the guy or seen him
It was nails (don't remember his entire name, it's harder to remember then how to spell Zlisch for a lot of people, played EU siege with the guy, was fun.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 02:07:33 pm »
Why is it "...just retarded..."?

The weapons racks die in one shot, building them takes time and you are completely vulnerable 90% of the time. Knocking out a siege camp isn't really any harder than taking a wall. The real issue most people will face is that as more people learn engineering and use it as a class teams will start to work around them and use them to the full out of instinct and then the disorganised pubstars trying to take on the semi organised side will get slaughtered, but that's no worse than when a large clan like the Hospis come on in full force using team speak to abuse each other into higher level of performance.

Yeah very funny when one guy throws down 20 Throwing lances (which onehit very often) from a wall and you absolutely have no chance hitting his stupid weapon rack because it is out of sight. Have fun getting up that ladder... I have nothing against your "new class". Go ahead and build Healing Tents, Spawnpoints, Siege Shields and even some Construction Sites. But having endless Throwing weapons is just retarded.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 03:07:07 pm »
Yeah very funny when one guy throws down 20 Throwing lances (which onehit very often) from a wall and you absolutely have no chance hitting his stupid weapon rack because it is out of sight. Have fun getting up that ladder... I have nothing against your "new class". Go ahead and build Healing Tents, Spawnpoints, Siege Shields and even some Construction Sites. But having endless Throwing weapons is just retarded.
No, l2shield, bitch.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »
+1
Erzengel buthurt?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 03:19:35 pm »
No, l2shield, bitch.

You are not the problem Zlisch, you are too bad anyways...   :D By the way 1 or 2 shieldskill won't help against it, so better shut the fuck up.

Erzengel buthurt?

:rolleyes:

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »
You are not the problem Zlisch, you are too bad anyways...   :D By the way 1 or 2 shieldskill won't help against it, so better shut the fuck up.

:rolleyes:
Stand behind a shielder when going up that ladder, it takes 4+ throwing lances against most shielders, so... you could also use the room on the ladder to dodge a bit...
Oh and I'm gonna ignore that comment about me being bad, seeing as odds are I can kill you in throwing, melee, and my old friendchery.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:22:53 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »