• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Macro users
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »
+1
Cannot say for sure of course but the reason I doubt it's macros is that I'm an old Native duellist and remember when Tobi started duelling and seeing a gradual increase and 'improvement' of his lolfeinting over the years becoming perhaps not less spastic but at least faster and more fluid. And also from seeing so many others do it in the same period, where it regrettably found popularity.

edit:

Tobi/Madarra, not being registered on these forums, asked me on TW to post this message from him:

I am the person in the video.

I effectively don't use macro, I only play only by clicking on my mouse. There is no coincidence with your story of five seconds feints in 0.701 seconds, it just means that you can not go faster in Mount & Blade: Warband, nobody can make more than 5 feints in 0.701 seconds according to your video. The game has these limits, furthermore if I will use macros I could not block attacks when I would do my feints, outside this is not the case. An interesting video, I can see that I have reached the maximum speed, the recompense of working long hours. In terms of my evolution, I just increased my sensitivity since I started to better ward off attacks. You can try yourself to make quick feints with better sensitivity :wink: ...

I have just a beginning of Parkinson's, that's all huhu  !  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:44:42 am by Angantyr »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »
The guy (in general) with macro feints does not really do them, his camera is in reality not going up and down (what you normally would await by such feints), he never loses the view to his opponent and his fingers are not busy. He just keep pressing one button on his mouse and confuses with epileptic feints the enemy, when he presses RMB he blocks while feinting, when he release the button, he makes an automatic swing. This is an advantage.

^This.  The primary advantage here is that your camera isn't bouncing all over the place; allowing you to maintain focus and movement direction whilst confusing your opponent with inhumanly quick feint-spam.  Definitely cheating.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »
I made a new video, check the original post or this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0K9Va0Uk-Y

NOTE: To count the feints your self, keep watching red guy's head jerking.

Both guys pull of 5 feints at same time of 0.701 seconds. Coincidence?

I call inhuman to be able to perform right swing, and thrust consequently without error 5 times under a second.
You are moving your mouse way too far, and you are focusing too much on precision. You barely have to move your mouse at all to control your swing direction, and you only have to be accurate to within +/- 45 degrees.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:41:25 pm by Vodner »

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
Re: Warband / cRPG macro feints (now with video experiments)
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »
It's actually possible. The spear in the first video is actually a easy thing to do, as it only has one attack direction. As for the others, it is theoretically possible if the person had a high enough mouse sensitivity and good timing.

I really don't see it having much of an effect if it is happening, most good players can do better without it. I'm more worried about the horse archers I see who have impeccable aim and machine-like movements...

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 12:31:04 am »
I was just playing around in the duel server, throwing out the occasional lolfeint. I was fully able to do them as fast as Tobi there. I still can't block worth a damn while doing them, but that's just a matter of practice (I normally go for feints that disrupt the flow of combat, rather than ones that are just straight up difficult to block).

Also, there are a fair number of players I know in the native duel servers who can lolfeint well, and I would be honestly surprised if they used macros.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:32:59 am by Vodner »

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 10:25:24 am »
Not sure why but I haven't thought about this until I read this thread, which is surprising.  I am now almost 100% positive I have seen people doing this in cRPG.  Don't remember names, but it was on the duel server.

I had just been told that people do "feint patterns" or "feint routine" or something like that, where they do 2 right feints, a left feint, a thrust feint, and then their real attack, and that's their style, the strategy being when somebody gets used to it they can mix it up or release a swing anytime, and subconsciously, it's harder to react.  BUT, I saw somebody doing three different routines (he was dueling me repeatedly lol) and when I figured out that he did right + left + thrust he had 3 more feints, right + right + left 1 more feint, etc.. and was able to kill him 4 times in a row, at which point he stopped accepting.  He probably repeated the exact same chain of feints, with no reaction to what I was doing, other than to (attempt) a block.  A real, skilled player, would have easily chambered in place of a block, or mixed up the rotation/routine with a real swing somewhere in that chain since I was blocking in the wrong directions until the attack I was expecting.

E: Also, being familiar with macro programs, they can be very advanced, nearly impossible to automatically detect, (unfortunately) due to the addition of random elements.  It's actually fairly easy to get around the common programs like PunkBuster.  Most, and the ones that I assume most WB/cRPG cheaters use, would probably be very easily detectable however.

E:E: oh yeah, OP, you don't have to click in those boxes, just a small zig-zag going down to the corner of the screen would be enough.  Right, down, right, down.  etc.  going diagonally is probably counter-productive since it would be harder to accurately get a side-swing or thrust when you were trying for one.

It's also not really about "fun" I don't really know what it's about.  I knew a guy (Friend of my brother) who aimbotted in TF2, and several of them (3 - 4?) used the infrared skins (which are legal wallhacks essentially) and they didn't care.  Dude who aimbotted actually got his steam account banned repeatedly, he just paid more money and got his account unlocked every time.  I think it has something to do with trolling, like, HAHAHA I just owned that guy who is good, he thinks I'm good but it's hacks!  I will never admit it though!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:34:26 am by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 12:46:59 am »
+1
I do think there are cRPG players using macros, but telling names are just retarded.

I'm also sure the players doing this stuff should not feel totally safe about their characters and rep.

This stuff is detectable, (I can immediately think of one way) and knowing the mad coding skills of certain members of the dev team, AND we know that they record stuff silently, then like going for ban-waves.

Would be interesting to see a video of someone performing those moves manually though.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 01:04:45 am »
+1
What's the name of the song used in the original video?
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 07:59:41 am »
Those feints are legit. On fastest native you can pull some crazy fast feints, you just need practice. You can do the same in cRPG, but you won't do it as fast, as cRPG is slower.
Have not yet found a feinter in cRPG who was that fast with feints that I couldn't read him at all.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 08:11:51 am »
You don't need to read them at all. Just smash them to the face with something...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 08:33:56 am »
Well if they do it manually, without macros then it's fair enough if I'm not able to anticipate their hit and get slashed/stabbed. Isn't that pretty much the point in this game, right?

As Vibe said I haven't yet met a dude who feints so fast that I can't read his play. I really have no idea how effective macros would be in cRPG, but considering lower fighting speed it is less than in native yes.

Well I never understood the mindset of cheaters anyhow... Why to waste countless amounts of time making macros/cheats and learn to play with them when you could just play the game and learn it the right way, have the balls of steel and no one could say anything to you :wink:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42:21 am »
Such macros can be made in about 5 minutes SoO.

Also, dueling in cRPG is already boring enough. Most of the duels last till someone gets bored or a kickslash happens. I welcome those crazy feints.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:24 pm »
+1
9 clicks per second and I wasn't really trying. Also mind that left mouse and right mouse can be pressed in a much faster succession than left mouse and left mouse.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »
+1
I'll try to shoot a vid of native and cRPG with feinting, although I'm a bit rusty on 2h feints since I'm 1h. Also it helps to have a low ping.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »
+1
Tese people claim that in under a second they can:
- click left mouse button 5 times (to start attack)
- click right mouse button 4 times (to cancel attack)
- move mouse in around 45-90 degree |-- like movement
- all while keeping eye on the opponent, being ready to block
Why are you clicking your left mouse button? Hold it down, and only release it when you're going to attack.

The only reason to release your left mouse button for a feint is to let your swing go part way though (which can make for good feints, but isn't part of the thrust-right-thrust-right feint).