Author Topic: Old Clan Banner Pack  (Read 178444 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: [Version 4.0] Clan Banner Pack (Last Updated 17/10/2011)
« Reply #915 on: October 18, 2011, 01:01:46 am »
+2
Can I has...

(click to show/hide)

Would you not agree that this would not fit well in the game?

Sorry to the most serious and non troll related whatsoever USA clan members, the US flag looks cool in game but I think it will lead to much misconduct - not to speak of provoking nasty comments, on patriotic side as well as anti-American ones. And just as much as any modern country flag I don't think it fits in...

Niemand, the chocolate chip cookie comment was unnecessary (and besides, the flag is illegal in Germany). You give my country men a bad rep.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 18, 2011, 01:02:29 am »
+2
And If you can have the stars and stripes... well... why shouldnt I have my chocolate chip cookie-Flag? It's just some banner, right?

Unironically asking for a chocolate chip cookie flag to be added to the game, jesus christ
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #917 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:56 am »
+1
don't include the cochons banner in your discussion it's just way too awesome!! and way too realist
cochons are true people of the medieval time! you needed pig to maintain the troops! cochons have a great history of Intelligent pig et cetera! And most importantly: Cochons are international! we accept pig of all country!

american flag is a bit... strange but for medieval time for the lulz it's good just as the hello kitty. if it cause too much hate just put it in alternative banner pack so people who want it can have it.

(btw not cochones... cochons, it's french not spanish :wink:)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #918 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:35 am »
Its people like this that keeps Kleenex in business
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #919 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:39 am »
Can I has...

(click to show/hide)

Would you not agree that this would not fit well in the game?

Sorry to the most serious and non troll related whatsoever USA clan members, the US flag looks cool in game but I think it will lead to much misconduct - not to speak of provoking nasty comments, on patriotic side as well as anti-American ones. And just as much as any modern country flag I don't think it fits in...

Niemand, the chocolate chip cookie comment was unnecessary (and besides, the flag is illegal in Germany). You give my country men a bad rep.

I'd be perfectly fine with a German banner if there was a clan that wanted it.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #920 on: October 18, 2011, 01:25:38 am »
We dont have any good reputation.
We have a gay minister for external affairs.
We have a (very ugly) female president.
We have eastgermany. (sorry that trolling had to get out. :D)
We lost two world-wars that were started by austrians (and in one of that we killed hundred-thousands of innocent people just because they were different).
We (as europeans) invaded america, killed Native Americans (Inkas, Sioux, Apaches...)
We slaved native african people.
We (as europeans) slaved native australian people (and brought our bad-people there, invading it.)
and so on...

I did not take part in any of that. But the people who did were our "country men", too.

Unironically asking for a chocolate chip cookie flag to be added to the game, jesus christ
Wrong Name. I go by "Niemand Niemals", not "Jesus Christ". ;)
And sorry that it is misunderstandable. I do not want to have that chocolate chip cookie-Flag in the bannerpacks, same as I dont want an American flag in the bannerpack. And yes, I really made that chocolate chip cookie-Flag. It was hard not to post ist, but as dynamike said: That flag is illegal over here. I deleted it from my webspace again and wont post it. I dont want any trouble with the law just because I rage a bit.

I would not care if you would make one White star on a blue circle with red background and use that as your flag. Maybe I would even make it for you. But please, step away from that modern flag. Its really not fitting and will lead to many more problems than just me raging and demanding the old german warflag.

Btw: Isn't "Cohones" spanish for "Penis" or "Balls" or something like that? Oo

I'd be perfectly fine with a German banner if there was a clan that wanted it.
I wouldnt be. :(

Its people like this that keeps Kleenex in business
Its people like you that show good reasons for abortions.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #921 on: October 18, 2011, 01:28:35 am »
We dont have any good reputation.
We have a gay minister for external affairs.
We have a (very ugly) female president.
We have eastgermany. (sorry that trolling had to get out. :D)
We lost two world-wars that were started by austrians (and in one of that we killed hundred-thousands of innocent people just because they were different).
We (as europeans) invaded america, killed Native Americans (Inkas, Sioux, Apaches...)
We slaved native african people.
We (as europeans) slaved native australian people (and brought our bad-people there, invading it.)
and so on...

I did not take part in any of that. But the people who did were our "country men", too.

Wrong Name. I go by "Niemand Niemals", not "Jesus Christ". ;)
And sorry that it is misunderstandable. I do not want to have that chocolate chip cookie-Flag in the bannerpacks, same as I dont want an American flag in the bannerpack. And yes, I really made that chocolate chip cookie-Flag. It was hard not to post ist, but as dynamike said: That flag is illegal over here. I deleted it from my webspace again and wont post it. I dont want any trouble with the law just because I rage a bit.

I would not care if you would make one White star on a blue circle with red background and use that as your flag. Maybe I would even make it for you. But please, step away from that modern flag. Its really not fitting and will lead to many more problems than just me raging and demanding the old german warflag.

I wouldnt be. :(
Its people like you that show good reasons for abortions.

So sorry a silly flag ruins your immersion on your online larping simulator :P maybe you should go out, get some fresh air, get a life, get over it
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #922 on: October 18, 2011, 01:30:07 am »
go where? get what? again: get what? cant do!

I dont know what the heck youre talkin' 'bout!
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #923 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:43 am »
Kalam, if it offends their eyes so much, how about a third banner pack?  Clans could choose wether they want to go in a serious medieval pack, fun freedom pack or both.

Just like the Pilgrims who crossed the ocean seeking religious freedom, the USA clan banner needs a place to peacefully exist.

I like turtles.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:55:14 pm by Knute »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 18, 2011, 01:38:47 am »
How about you people just stop caring, it's a nice looking banner that represents a north american faction that most players get a real kick out of, it looks really awesome on shields and heraldic and this is a videogame where we are having fun.

Most flags would make a pretty awesome in game banner anyways, and then Strategus matches could look like soccer ("football") games.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #925 on: October 18, 2011, 01:51:05 am »
How about you people just stop caring, it's a nice looking banner that represents a north american faction that most players get a real kick out of, it looks really awesome on shields and heraldic and this is a videogame where we are having fun.

Most flags would make a pretty awesome in game banner anyways, and then Strategus matches could look like soccer ("football") games.

Nope it doesnt look good.
Nope, if you want it like a soccer-game go and play Fifa 2012 or whatever.

You americanos should learn to make compromisses.

Offline LLJK_Siggy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Fighting for Democracy across all of Calradia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_SIGGY_AMERICA
« Reply #926 on: October 18, 2011, 02:40:07 am »
+1
You know there is another banner pack that is meant for more serious banners.

Here I will even be nice and give you the link. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3634.0.html

Now that that argument as done lets get this thread back on topic. Thanks for adding the USA flag. It looks awesome on heraldic armor and pretty sweet on shields.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #927 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:30 am »

yes cohones is spanish ''slang'' for balls

but our clan is «Les cochons» wich is french for The Pigs

more in the discussion:

I don't think it's about immersion, more about ''Racial'' (not the best word, if you have better feel free to post it) tension in the game. This is not because a lot of people hate america, this is just a lot of people founding American take a LOT of place everywhere they go! (don't take it as an insult, more like a fact)
I can understand some people founding the american flag inside a banner pack for a medieval age is a bit disturbing but, take it for what it is: a lol attempt. (for USA members, please tell me you aren't truly  that patriotic...)

I approve the less modern american flag attempt (like circle/eagle...) and I also approve a lulz banner pack where less serious/too modern banner could go (like the hello kitty one, the USA and any other you can think of)

I won't get any further in this so take it easy, lol a bit, modify your banner and make a ''funny'' banner pack with all those lulz banner

edit cause I type too slow:

You know there is another banner pack that is meant for more serious banners.

Here I will even be nice and give you the link. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3634.0.html

a ''serious'' banner pack?! pfff It doesn't even have the cochons banner... like if our banner wasn't enough serious for them...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:46:33 am by isatis »
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline LLJK_Siggy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Fighting for Democracy across all of Calradia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_SIGGY_AMERICA
« Reply #928 on: October 18, 2011, 02:51:55 am »
+1
I'm sorry that you all hate America and hate freedom.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #929 on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:50 am »
American freedom always seemed paradoxical to me: A liberty impose by another country. can we call that liberty?

imposing a liberty seem, to me, oppose to the concept of liberty, but the absence of liberty is even more oppose to the concept of liberty... so what is better: an impose liberty or a non-imposed  non-liberty?          I think we can argue on this a long time but I feel my English is too bad to get in ethic discussion...