Poll

Hmmm? Did the whiners like what they got from the new mod?

Mods full of shit and needs a revamp!
32 (16.1%)
I like the mod
120 (60.3%)
Blame the Whinners for destroying the Knights
10 (5%)
Beg chadz for taking back the old crpg
20 (10.1%)
Or just blame the whiners? Woot!
17 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: Who thinks the New Crpg mod here sucks..Ooohhh I do!  (Read 8370 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Who thinks the New Crpg mod here sucks..Ooohhh I do!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 11:10:05 pm »
yeah i miss all those spamming tin cans and archers with 250 wpf and a longbow

Did you stop and think maybe the guy meant the old CRPG like as in before retirement because when that's when I liked it the most.  Although it was just cool back then when it was so new.  Not alot of people had money, gear, or real skills.  Anyway maybe that's what he meant.  I woulda voted for the option but I am pretty sure he didn't mean that version of old.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 11:53:22 pm »
the one thing I agree about is the generation stuff - that was a shot in the foot there.

the rest is highly argueable, and I must say I don't agree on that. I currently don't have that much time to play, but when I do, I usually enjoy it. I'm getting a bit tired of the current gamemodes, but we're working on new ones right now.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:23 am »
Sounds fun
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 12:06:22 am »
you sir ,deserve 1 awesomebar point ! , there is no 32-35 (beside 1 or 2 i know who are 32)  its pointless not to retire

this "soft cap" (lol)  has to be scaled down , i for once would prolly stop retiring if 35 was managable

I believe that if you stopped right now, you would be the first to reach 35, in about five months. I don't know where Mouse's thread on this is, but he indicates that it's possible at generation 6 and later. I, however, hate to do math, and so I can't verify this, but I'm going to trust his numbers.

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 12:07:05 am »
Where can I get more information about the changes/updates on the mew crpg mod?
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 12:09:56 am »
the one thing I agree about is the generation stuff - that was a shot in the foot there.

the rest is highly argueable, and I must say I don't agree on that. I currently don't have that much time to play, but when I do, I usually enjoy it. I'm getting a bit tired of the current gamemodes, but we're working on new ones right now.

A new mode like "Kill Teh Whinner" ?!?  :twisted:
My fridge is my shield

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 12:24:27 am »
I believe that if you stopped right now, you would be the first to reach 35, in about five months. I don't know where Mouse's thread on this is, but he indicates that it's possible at generation 6 and later. I, however, hate to do math, and so I can't verify this, but I'm going to trust his numbers.

by then i would have a full heirloom armor and weapons :( , i stopped retiring prepatch at gen 13 because it was enough for me , but atm its the only thing worthwhile to do,

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:52 am »
by the time you reach 32 from 31 you could have heirloomed 2 things(once right when you reached 31, again when you reached 31 again because 31-32 is that same amount of xp), then the time to 32-33 you missed 2 more, 33-34 you missed 4 and 34-35 you missed 8

so you missed 16 bonuses for 5 levels worth of bonuses on your current build, you would have to be retarded to do this

as far as the "knights" gone thing goes I was playing in full plate on the eu server early this morning and so were shogunate_georges my old friend_Dado and some others(I had gothic with bevor, +60 helm, cased greaves and gauntlets on at *5).....so I like this system because it rewards win streaks with the ability to break out some "knight" gear if you so choose(or you can horde your gold for chadz tax day!(made that up)

I like that someone can't just bring a plated charger out forever or my plate either in the long run, and not having level 40's with heirloomed wpf(gone now) creaming everyone is good too
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:31:53 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 01:45:45 am »
The group which has suffered most is the two handed sword users, who used to top the kills table before the rise of unkillable difficulty 6 mecha-horses and still dominated on cavalry unfriendly maps. Cavalry are where they were; they still get most kills even after switching to Coursers rather than Chargers. Archers, in spite of the whining (mainly from the arrow spammers) are also where they were despite the changes. With the demise of two handed fighting, which relied on very heavy armour to make up for the lack of a shield, it's now the shielders who dominate the infantry battles. The fuss over throwing was always exaggerated, but now, alas, we're seeing the return of crossbows and a shift back to FPS over actual combat... see my other post.
 :(
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 02:59:06 am »
The group which has suffered most is the two handed sword users [...] it's now the shielders who dominate the infantry battles...

Just not true. None of our clan uses shields. There are very good cavs, true, but even when you substract them, our clan (and of course other skilled twohanders/polearmers and archers) tend to top the scoreboards. And the most of em wear light(ish) armor (Georges not included). I would say its pretty much even. The skilled players are the best ones. And thats not depending on class.

The whole mod got very nicely balanced since the patch. There are some issues here and there, but hey: its a mod developed by community members. Nothing with a big budget and people working fulltime behind it.

I would like to say a big "thank you" to all the people behind it. Its now more fun than ever and i see the most people agree.
Keep up the good work and steal every last bit of RL out of me. I love it.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:00:21 am by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 03:34:29 am »
Hmm...
pre patch I retired 3 times - to get a balanced katana, and fix build, seeing no reason to retire after that.

Now, any peasant has a chance. Agi builds did get screwed. And eventually you retire so fast that you may as well try different things / builds, which is actually amusing.

keep up the good work.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2011, 05:45:34 am »
One thing I'm really sick of is all the damn nerf threads. In my opinion, once the devs get their new game modes designed and put in, that should be it. "Hey guys, mods done, it's debugged, every single class has "NERF" calls after it, which means they're all balanced, so here it is. Play it or gtfo." Only chadz knows when he feels enough is enough, but honestly guys if every class is OP, and every class needs a nerf, I think he achieved balance pretty well.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011, 05:48:08 am »
crpg is so lame i have no clue why last weekend i reached my 1200th hour of playing it

jk but there are many flaws in it. For example there are many audiences it fails to serve and i personally believe chadz is wasting his time on features that people (probably just me) dont care about
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:50:20 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Antip

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16:01 pm »
run strategus
Druzhina_Antip
I use google translator

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2011, 01:46:53 pm »
I'm playing this mod for a year now, have seen all the resets (total wipe), my class got nerfed like 3 billion times.
First raged, then got used to it. I feel like a whore now, I wouldn't care more or less.