Author Topic: How fucked up is your language?  (Read 8290 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: How fucked up is your language?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UA578yQ5g

Hahah yes ok. I concede that "fuck" is the most fucked word in the english language.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 03:31:15 pm »
Hahah yes ok. I concede that "fuck" is the most fucked word in the english language.

now you got it :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 03:35:59 pm »
How is any of this an indication of a language being fucked up? In my mind, a fucked up language would be one polluted with words and stuff from other languages and other trash. Like latvian is :(

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »
+1
KOKKO KOKOA KOKO KOKKO! KOKO KOKKOKO? KOKO KOKKO!!! Tervetuloa to Finland perkele.

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:37:01 pm »
How is any of this an indication of a language being fucked up? In my mind, a fucked up language would be one polluted with words and stuff from other languages and other trash. Like latvian is :(

Modern english is latin/saxon/norman-french mashed together I believe.

And if one word can mean so many different things, or multiple words that sound the same, but mean different things, that's a fucked up language imo.

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »

More or less every language is trashed with foreigner crap. The worst thing is, when people start using foreigner words, instead of the native ones.

The east culture is spreading like plague. I think the foreign shop names, product names, companies etc. are bad too.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 06:10:16 pm »
I strongly encourage you to read that:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Polish_language

"The Polish language is referred to as Polszczyzna (TPA/MPL: Pòlščŷz͆na; SPA/MPL: Polski; Cyrillic/MPL: Польски ) in Poland. It is the second most spoken Slavic language, just after Russian. Even if the language is only considered the third hardest in the world, (after Traditional Chinese and Hungarian), is the one most seriously fucked up. "

LOL :-)))))

myzckvyzcyky the grey, god damn there are no vowels :D

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline xAKx

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AK, Presidente
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »
I strongly encourage you to read that:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Polish_language

"The Polish language is referred to as Polszczyzna (TPA/MPL: Pòlščŷz͆na; SPA/MPL: Polski; Cyrillic/MPL: Польски ) in Poland. It is the second most spoken Slavic language, just after Russian. Even if the language is only considered the third hardest in the world, (after Traditional Chinese and Hungarian), is the one most seriously fucked up. "

LOL :-)))))

Lol read the national greetings XD
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:56:05 pm by xAKx »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Hm.....

(click to show/hide)

I think that I miss something in the school  :D
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:19 pm »
"In addition to idiotic letters and hard phonology, Polish language has probably the hardest grammar of any known language. There are so many tenses, cases, aspects, forms, number classes, gender classes, moods and voices that you could go crazy just from knowing about their existence. In addition, there's a different conjugation of verbs for any tense, gender etc. With big probability, even 100% of Poles can use them, nearly none of them could actually say how many of them they have without thinking for a few minutes. To make matters worse, the Polish order of words is totally random."

The toughest thing we had to do in school, was to make the analysis of the sentence on the Polish language classes. The aim was to take every single word in a long sentence full of nouns, verbs, adjectives, definites, participles and all other shit and to describe what it is, like "a passive participle derived from noun, plural masculine form, past perfect tense". Horror.

And for English speaking guys, THIS is completely true, all forms are CORRECT and MEAN EXACTLY THE SAME:

"Polish is a rare example of the language that has totally random word order and this includes creating questions. Therefore you can write sentence Ala ma kota (Ala has a cat) in following ways:

Ala ma kota.
Ma Ala kota.
Ala kota ma.
Ma kota Ala.
Kota Ala ma.
Kota ma Ala

Now, how fucked up is that? :-) English is easy my friends :-)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:52:08 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 07:56:05 pm »
Number    Case's name in English...    ...and Polish    Questions in Polish    Questions in English
1    Nominative    Mianownik    kto?, co?    who?, what?
2    Genitive    Dopełniacz    kogo? czego?    whom?, what?
3    Dative    Celownik    komu? czemu?    whom?, what?, why?
4    Accusative    Biernik    kogo? co?    whom?, what?
5    Instrumental    Narzędnik    z kim? z czym?    with who?, with what?
6    Locative    Miejscownik    o kim? o czym?    about who?, about what?
7    Vocative    Wołacz    O!    Oh!
8    Extended vocative    Wołacz rozszerzony    o kurwa!    oh fuck!
9    Adolescentative    Młodzieżownik    tak, tak, tak!    yes, yes, yes!
10    Politicative    Politycznik    koalicja? z kim? po co?    coalition? with who? why?
11    Beforevotingative    Przedwybornik    komu? po co? co damy?    whom? for what? what are we going to give?
12    Aftervotingative    Powybornik    co ja, kurwa, zrobiłem?    for fuck's sake, what did I do?
13    Obaman vocative    Wołacz obamowski    yes, we can!    yes, we can!
14    Intimative    Intymnik    kto? z kim?    who? with who?
15    Material intimative    Intymnik materialny    kto? z kim? za ile?    who? with who? for how much?
16    Kidative    Dziecinnik    kto? z kim? ile ma?    who got? with who? how many?
17    Reasonative    Powodownik    dlaczego? dlaczego ja?    why?, why me?
18    Confusative    Dziwnik    o co chodzi?    what's going on?
19    Idiotative    Tępownik    Eeee.... oooo???    Ummmm... Uuuuh?
20    Hungoverative    Kacownik    gdzie jestem? kim jestem?    where am I?, who am I?
21    Vomitative    Wymiotnik    gdzie? po czym? po ilu?    where?, after what?, after how many?
22    Beatative    Przypierdolnik    komu? czym?    whom? using what?
23    Material beatative    Przypierdolnik materialny    komu? czym? za ile?    whom? using what? for how much?
24    Corruptative    Łapownik    kto? komu? ile?    who? whom? how much?
25    Thievative    Złodziejnik    kto? komu? co?    who? whom? what?
26    Shoutative    Krzyczalnik    kto? kogo? o co?    who? whom? for what?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »
Btw, when you say the word order is random, is it because you can write in any order and it will be correct, or because the rules for ordering are extremely obscure ?

I knew French is a difficult language, and I could have guessed about Hungarian and Traditional Chinese, but I had no idea about the Polsih language :D

Huh ? Well if a language stays stagnant (which happens when you don't let it mix up), it is actually fucked up because it will die.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »
Btw, when you say the word order is random, is it because you can write in any order and it will be correct, or because the rules for ordering are extremely obscure ?

You can write simple sentence in any order and it will be correct, and will keep the original sense :-) In theory the "most" proper order is "I am", but "Am I" means the same, it just suggest that you a proud of being :-)

"Ala ma kota (Ala has a cat) is a perfect example, if you say "Kota ma Ala" it still means "Ala has a cat" (stressing that the particular cat is owned by Ala), cause if you wanted to say that "Cat has Ala" you would need to use "Kot ma Alę" :-))))) And it you want to create a question, you just put a question mark at the end of the sentence: "Ala ma kota?" :-)

And Kafein, about the cases, we just use the first seven: Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative, Instrumental, Locative and Vocative :-)

About German: I just love how the nouns can be produced by just glueing words together: "zweipedalenähmachine"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:46:27 pm by Erasmas »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:54 pm »
Huh ? Well if a language stays stagnant (which happens when you don't let it mix up), it is actually fucked up because it will die.
Wrong. Language being polluted by alien words and trash and language evolving with newly made words and stuff are two different things.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 08:21:39 pm »
Wrong. Language being polluted by alien words and trash and language evolving with newly made words and stuff are two different things.

+1

How many languages uses word similar to "computer" to describe the computer? The pollution is to create new words like "kontroling" which, obviously, means "controlling" :-) Also, I do remember discussion in the '80 on what words should be used for things like "computer mouse", "interface", "monitor", "processor" .... just guess what is used today.

But sometimes it is really beautiful: everyone in Poland knows the word "wihajster" which is used for thing that you cant recall the name of: "You know, this wihajster to turn the lights on" And it comes directly form German "Wie heisst er" which means "How is it called?" :-)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:42:57 pm by Erasmas »