Author Topic: Mauls with cannot block function  (Read 1397 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Mauls with cannot block function
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:51 am »
+1
I hate and fear maulers, and thats why they should stay as they are. Where would be the fun?

and ofc. there ways to fight them as well.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 02:55:36 am »
+1
Mauls are fine as they are. The problem is not that it's too easy to block with a maul, it's the noobs who, when faced with one, don't vary their attack patterns beyond exactly what the mauler expects...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Coward

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:49 pm »
Well it certainly hasn't been tried. But it's the psychology effect I'm interested in. Players knowing maulers can't block, how would they react?

When I use maul, I rarely block, I time my attacks and usualy stay behind some shielder or other team mate, and then shoot out when the opportunity arises.
cRPG TV (Can You Spot Yourself In This Video?)
https://youtu.be/EvALbo0G-nA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »
Mauls are fine as they are. The problem is not that it's too easy to block with a maul, it's the noobs who, when faced with one, don't vary their attack patterns beyond exactly what the mauler expects...

You can swing left and... you can swing right. If you overhead he'll do the same, most of the time resulting in chamber which means you are dead. If you stab he'll down block, which means you're stunned and dead.

You can wait for him to swing but you have to be fast, if you release your attack too late you're dead. And they mostly have more than 30 STR which means you need a lot of PS or a lot of swings to kill STR mauler. And these days everyone can block at least two of five attacks...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
I'm tired of taking damage, let's take away the ability for weapons to hurt people.  We could all role play peaceful warriors who are practicing for battle!

You can swing left and... you can swing right. If you overhead he'll do the same, most of the time resulting in chamber which means you are dead. If you stab he'll down block, which means you're stunned and dead.

You can wait for him to swing but you have to be fast, if you release your attack too late you're dead. And they mostly have more than 30 STR which means you need a lot of PS or a lot of swings to kill STR mauler. And these days everyone can block at least two of five attacks...

Hey buddy, your noob is showing!  You can spam great mauls very easily, once they start swinging they most likely won't be able to stop (so maybe wait for them to start swinging before you release).  If you can't, then you're using the wrong weapon against them and should probably not go head to head.  Tactics, learn them.  Exploit your enemies weaknesses, use your strengths to your advantage. 

In other words, l2commonsense.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:52:05 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 05:38:47 pm »
+3
Come on Leshm, yes there's a lot of risk that if you fail he'll kill you in 1-2 hits, but then its not that easy to fail left-right spam. The only situation maules is dangerous is when he is backed up by some more guys.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1373
  • Infamy: 1315
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 09:13:26 pm »
Logen, I think I've explained why I'm unable to successfully spam attacks very fast in that other mauler thread. Whenever someone thinks that I'm good at this game, I always say them: Spam me! They do and I drop dead. Most people when spammed block once or twice and return the favor spamming back. Well, I can't do that. As long as we're playing game of looking each in the eye and fake feinting chambered weapon I have a chance, but once you start spamming (best are overheads) I'm easier to kill than your average noob. That's why I'm against spam, I kinda hope cmpx will re-introduce that anti hiltslash mechanics (slower right swing) because that will help me a lot when facing other 2H players.

But that's just me. I actually said that spam is very viable against maulers. Elmetiacos said that we aren't creative against maulers. You don't need and actually can't be creative against them, you can only spam them.

And please Huseby, leave me alone. I don't need another Zapper on my back. Don't you two have something better to do, other than bugging people and following them across forum giving their every post -1?

Same goes for you Logen, I appreciate your attention but I don't think you want to be friendly with me, you're mostly following me trying to piss me off or something, I think...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »
I seriously haven't been following you, and I don't look for your name when I'm in a thread...I generally try to read most of what is posted on a topic before replying.

I don't know you, and I have nothing against you.  Sometimes I'm a smart ass dick, but it's not really meant to be mean, more to be sarcastic and slightly a jerk. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:37 pm »
+1
I'm not sure we're even playing the same game.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.