Author Topic: NA vs EU  (Read 3780 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: NA vs EU
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:23 am »
Well, I have the Torque source code, if you can tell me which version of the Torque engine is used in Warband, I can even prove my claims with code snippets.

None... ?

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:16 pm »
I refuse to post in this troll thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:40 pm »
None... ?

Hah, you are right: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,511.msg3941.html#msg3941

It doesn't really matter, though, since there MUST be some form of client prediction involved, otherwise laggers would jerk around visibly.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »
Why would they jerk around more than any other player? The lag is between them and the server, but what other, non-lagging clients receive is the state of the agent on the server. They would jerk around if the netcode was utter garbage and allowed players to send positions instead of actions, but fortunately that's not the case.
And yes, there is client prediction, but it doesn't really make a difference in this case.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 02:14:09 pm »
whoops

I thought this was a thread that was supposed to be about "Which nation is better" rather than which community is better on crpg.

Having read the thread it looks like a bit of both though.

I used to really hate the na chat. Like it was funny for 5 mins but it just didnt stop with the ridiculous 12 yr old insults.

Eu1 veered towards that (and still does if certain players are on). Some peoples in particular seem to hate one another so much it has to spill into the game too.

Strangely i dont really see much chat abuse in siege on eu, just players doing stuff wrong rather than saying stuff wrong.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:23:15 pm by RandomDude »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 08:15:54 pm »
Why would they jerk around more than any other player? The lag is between them and the server, but what other, non-lagging clients receive is the state of the agent on the server. They would jerk around if the netcode was utter garbage and allowed players to send positions instead of actions, but fortunately that's not the case.
And yes, there is client prediction, but it doesn't really make a difference in this case.

You didn't read my post well enough. I never said they would jerk around, what I said is that they have a delayed version of the world, so they seem to behave irrationally for other players, because they base their decisions on old data. Have you seriously never fought a 200+ pinger? They are very annoying. The best thing to do is to just spam them with sideswings (which is probably the reason why most people don't seem to have problems with them).

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »
Reminds me of a very sexy oceanic (?) player, who used to play on EU servers with 400+ ping and then brag about how he owned the enemy team, headon... Are you oldmy old friend enough to guess the name?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »
Reminds me of a very sexy oceanic (?) player, who used to play on EU servers with 400+ ping and then brag about how he owned the enemy team, headon... Are you oldmy old friend enough to guess the name?

toosexy?

Fat plate and GLB, insane backpedal lag-spam.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:35 pm »
This is usually how I feel about United States v Europe (sorry Canada and Mexico, you're just not on this one):

(click to show/hide)

Wow what a reasonable and insightful thing to say.  To think that you can't stereotype a few billion people into one easy to comprehend label.  huh who woulda thunk it.

I especially love the end quote, seriously we didn't have any control over what generations of people did before us, we have no control over where we're born or who we're born to.

That being said...

murica, fuck ya
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 09:28:46 pm »
You didn't read my post well enough. I never said they would jerk around, what I said is that they have a delayed version of the world, so they seem to behave irrationally for other players, because they base their decisions on old data. Have you seriously never fought a 200+ pinger? They are very annoying. The best thing to do is to just spam them with sideswings (which is probably the reason why most people don't seem to have problems with them).

Whatever advantage they might get from slightly eratic movements is completely negated by issues like delayed swings, which like you said makes them super easy to kill because your swing will beat there's every single time.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:39 pm »
Whatever advantage they might get from slightly eratic movements is completely negated by issues like delayed swings, which like you said makes them super easy to kill because your swing will beat there's every single time.

So hard playing in EU strat battles.  Normally I have at least 120 FPS (generally 200-300 fps) and about 50 ping in NA.  Strategus kills FPS and then you top it off with 170 ping to EU servers and I can barely block someone.  The only way is if I block immediately when I see which direction they pull their weapon back.  If I try to block later than the split second I see them chamber then I'm not going to block in time.  Sucks when you click to swing and it takes literally a full second before your guy chambers, and then you release and it takes another full second before he releases.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:42 pm »

No. They don't even see you swinging. They might move backwards, when they should move forward and strike, and do the opposite when they should back up.

But it's true that if you know the dude has high ping, you can easily kill him by just moving up to him and doing sideswings. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a "i'm a lagger" tag above his head.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:00 am »
(click to show/hide)
My country is the brightest country in the world! Only country with a completely lit road network.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 12:34:40 am »
You didn't read my post well enough. I never said they would jerk around
otherwise laggers would jerk around visibly.

Derp.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:35 am »
Alright, alright, I give up.

Your skill in paragraph-riding has been improved by 3 points.