Author Topic: Bumpcouching with Heavy Lance  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Bumpcouching with Heavy Lance
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 09:29:23 am »
i bump stab people with lance intentionally all the time, always go for it when i frontally attack shielders (i always man up)

bump couching happens if you go at an angle and are sweeping your lance a bit with your mouse, its kind of wonky but who cares, if you were couched you were probably gonna die anyways, the bump is just adding insult to (fatal) injury
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2994
  • Infamy: 1764
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:21 am »
There is no way to remove this, unless the dev remove the bump damage

While I would love to see that, I'm afraid it would be greatest nerf cav ever seen. Bumping is very important feature for cavalry.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:40:02 pm »
bump couching happens if you go at an angle and are sweeping your lance a bit with your mouse, its kind of wonky but who cares, if you were couched you were probably gonna die anyways, the bump is just adding insult to (fatal) injury

No, since you just avoided the lance, it's passed you before the horse bumps you, and the wonky mechanic makes it possible to couch you with the shaft if you throw your lance over. It's completely stupid that you can die to a couched lance you dodged.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »
Wow I've never heard of this shit before... I think I must then couch more than actually stabbity stabbing people so I can get this magnificent achievement :twisted:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »
+3
I've been trying, but I can only do it with the heavy lance. Seems like the couching lances are just too long and the hit box goes well past the people (if it doesn't just travel straight through them without doing anything). The normal lance is already so short in couch mode that it barely extends past the horse so bump couches just turn into normal couches (albeit through your horses neck).

Other things I've noticed. When your team mate clearly sees you in a couch riding up behind their enemy there is a 90% chance they will run 180 degrees around that enemy in order to take a couch in the back at the last second.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »
No, since you just avoided the lance, it's passed you before the horse bumps you, and the wonky mechanic makes it possible to couch you with the shaft if you throw your lance over. It's completely stupid that you can die to a couched lance you dodged.

It's because the horses shoulders are wider than the horse. It all about angles and sweeping the lance. It's easy to avoid when you see someone trying to do it, if you realize it in time. Rather than ducking to the side of the horse opposite the lance, you go TO the lance (and past it) before the cavalry realizes it and stops his sweep (by not continuing to turn his horse).

Poking with polearms and turning so it hits them with the shaft, but pierces anyhow is far more lame and more deserving of a fix. Not to mention those overhand mauls that hit the ground and then have the shaft turned into you for the full crushing blow also is more deserving of a fix than this.

And no I'm not cavalry, but I fight them in the open field all the time.  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
Poking with polearms and turning so it hits them with the shaft, but pierces anyhow is far more lame and more deserving of a fix.

Nah, people can run into a chambered spear in this game. The lolstabs is a nice way to symbolize that you shouldn't be safe charging a chambered pike/spear.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:01 am »
Nah, people can run into a chambered spear in this game. The lolstabs is a nice way to symbolize that you shouldn't be safe charging a chambered pike/spear.

This is realism not symbolism!

When they stab to my left and then swing that pole into my side, I can just tuck that shaft under my arm and hold on while giving them a mace to the face!

And grab that lance and yank the rider off his horse!

:P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:32 am »
Let me put it this way. If you could remove that bump couching you wouldn't kill the class, regular couches would still hit and kill. If you remove spinstabs you kill all one/two-directional weapons.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 03:42:44 am »
I think it would. The only fix is to make only the first 6 inches of lance "active" or make infantry immune to a weapon for 1/2 second after a bump.

Cavalry would disappear.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 12:50:33 am »
I've been trying, but I can only do it with the heavy lance. Seems like the couching lances are just too long and the hit box goes well past the people (if it doesn't just travel straight through them without doing anything). The normal lance is already so short in couch mode that it barely extends past the horse so bump couches just turn into normal couches (albeit through your horses neck).
Without trying, I bump-couched with a light lance last night, so it isn't just for heavy lances.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:26 am »
Done it with both heavy lance and great lance which is the only lances I've bothered to use. It's silly with both. :rolleyes:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 01:18:06 am »
Done it with both heavy lance and great lance which is the only lances I've bothered to use. It's silly with both. :rolleyes:

It's the same effect as being hit with a pike when you're 12 inches in front of the person stabbing you.  Would be nice if they just fixed the underlying problem of being able to hit someone 12 inches away even if your weapon is 5 feet or 15 feet long.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 01:23:24 am »
It's the same effect as being hit with a pike when you're 12 inches in front of the person stabbing you.  Would be nice if they just fixed the underlying problem of being able to hit someone 12 inches away even if your weapon is 5 feet or 15 feet long.

Completely different things. Lolstabs makes some sense because it's the game's way of showing that running into a chambered spear should be dangerous. On the other hand missing a couch, bump someone and then kill him with the shaft is just retarded. It's funny to do, but I still feel kind of bad after doing it. :|

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
How can it make sense when the pike/long spear goes through the ground to complete the lolstab?