Author Topic: Strat Suggestion: Fief Loyalty  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Strat Suggestion: Fief Loyalty
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:39:23 pm »
+12
Add a fief loyalty that requires you to have a certain number of troops in your fiefs in order to keep hold of them

Details
- The number of troops you need in your fiefs is based on the total number of Strat Players in Factions, the number of fiefs your faction owns, and the number of players your faction has.
- The formula to work it out should be (or similar)

Troops needed per fief = 10*( (#TotalFactionMembers/#TotalFiefs) - (#OwnFactionMembers/#OwnFiefs) )^3

- Negative troop values are ignored and mean you don't need any garrison at all.
- You need at least 3 people in a faction to count towards the total faction members stat
- In order to count towards either the #TotalFactionMembers or the #OwnFactionMembers a players must have either worked, recruited, moved or fought in a Strat Battle in the last 7 days.
- Troops must be at least lightly armed in order to count towards the garrison
- If you do not have enough troops in a fief, the fief's loyalty will drop by X% per day where X is between 10 and 20% and depends on the distance to your factions Capital.  The closer to the capital the longer you have to save it.
- If the loyalty reaches 0% it will rebel.
- If fief loyalty is below 100% but you now have enough troops in the fief, loyalty will go up by X% per day until it gets back to 100%
- When a fief does rebel it kicks out whatever troops/gear are inside and gets reset to its default population and gold (500 pop and 100,000 gold for a village, etc)

Impact
- As it stands in Strat there are probably around 1500 players in reportedly active factions and there are 180 fiefs
- Of those 2000 players a number will be inactive and won't count towards the calcualted garrisons, however since i don't how many people within each faction are active, I will assume the numbers balance each other out and that my garrison figures are reasonably accurate
- This means that the following factions would require the following garrisons in ALL their fiefs in order to keep hold of them.

Faction - Members - Fiefs - Garrisons Required
Grey_Order                     132   14      0
The Empire                     85            9      0
Knights Hospitaller            124         16           2
Union                             107   9             0
Druzhina                             104   31      1233
Crusader Alliance             108      9      0
CHAOS                             43           3      0
UKC                                    84          7      0
Fallen Brigade                     71           2      0
Legione Italica                   18           8           2251

- Obviously this means that factions that conquer too much land will either want to sell it on pretty quick or let it rebel and revert to the AI
- Raiding fiefs could be more useful as well as a means of removing a garrison from a fief and attempting to make it rebel.
- And if you look a little further this system also provides a useful mechanism for removing inactive factions from the game and recycling their fiefs into play for new or growing factions.
- Finally this system will react and grow/shrink along with any flunctuations in the Strat Player Base.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:31:05 pm by Tomas »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Strat Suggestion: Fief Loyalty
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »
This is interesting, but I have a concern about the "Lose and get removed from the faction."

What if I am a fief owner, and I lose a battle somewhere else? How will my fief be managed?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:04 pm »
This is interesting, but I have a concern about the "Lose and get removed from the faction."

What if I am a fief owner, and I lose a battle somewhere else? How will my fief be managed?

That's a good point and it would need to have something whereby fiefs default to the Strat Faction Leader if someone gets kicked out for losing a battle.  Alternatively that bit of could be left out, but if the kinks can be ornoed out I would prefer to keep it in as it will give a better image of clan sizes than we currently have.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:53:27 pm »
Good suggestions. Im also unsure about the 'lose and get kicked' idea. I think that its nulified by the fact you can apply to join factions via the battle tab on your character page.
Turtles

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »
Good suggestions. Im also unsure about the 'lose and get kicked' idea. I think that its nulified by the fact you can apply to join factions via the battle tab on your character page.

Lol - never even spotted that :D  Ok remove the lose and get kicked part

Will update the OP

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 11:21:43 pm »
Add this chadz

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:24:24 pm »
Sounds spiffy.  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:32:12 am »
Nice idea except for the gold returning to the fief. If it returned at 50% of its opening amount that might be okay, but what is to stop a clan from allowing a fief to rebel repeatedly and just milking it for the cash?

I know they would loose tickets etc etc, but if its a crapy little tin pot town with peasant gear and the dudes are marching in clad in +3 landschneckt armour with +3 LVs/Swiss Hals/Pikes, its not going to cost much to recap and if you are getting 100k for the recap... I suppose we would have to rely on an honor system and punish those that douche it aka The Dark Force.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 11:43:17 am »
Nice idea except for the gold returning to the fief. If it returned at 50% of its opening amount that might be okay, but what is to stop a clan from allowing a fief to rebel repeatedly and just milking it for the cash?

I know they would loose tickets etc etc, but if its a crapy little tin pot town with peasant gear and the dudes are marching in clad in +3 landschneckt armour with +3 LVs/Swiss Hals/Pikes, its not going to cost much to recap and if you are getting 100k for the recap... I suppose we would have to rely on an honor system and punish those that douche it aka The Dark Force.

I was under the impression that you only got the cash from the left over equipment in fief attacks.  So its only 100k if nobody fights for the defenders at all.  Given the new XP gains from Strat Battles I would hope that the days of no show fief defences are over and that 100k will therefore be ok for rebelling fiefs.

HOWEVER - simple and fair solution would be to say that the attacker gets none of the actual AI village gold and instead gets a set fee for capturing AI fiefs.  25k for a village, 125k for a Castle, 250k for a Town.  That would make the exploit invalid.  Capturing owned fiefs would remain as it is now.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »
+1
I think it would be cool if:

Your loyalty reaches 0%, it initiates a soldier VS population battle, where the AI hires for village pop, and blunt weapons need (can?) be used by the soldiers.  This seems cooler than the fief just instantly going neutral to me.

Also,
Castles require more troops, but improve loyalty elsewhere (you need less troops in villages)
Cities require less troops but decreased the loyalty elsewhere (because the peasants want to flee to the walled city)

Maybe flip that, whichever you want.

But the base idea is pretty cool.  Tweak the numbers a bit and I think you're on to something!  There has been a lot of run-and-gun in these conflicts, even LLJK would bounce between 8 and 10 fiefs at a time when I was with it, just taking the army and leaving population tickets to bleed the next army, and something like this would ensure that the larger a faction gets (and obviously they'd be encroaching on an area where nobody likes them) the thinner they must spread their armies.  Make the peasants rich and remind them of your iron fist and they'll deal with it, though.  :rolleyes:
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 04:26:46 pm »
Heres a problem i see with this. You say that if the fief rebels it sets back to 500 troops 100,000 gold right? What if you let the village rebel, attack it, loot it of the 100,000 gold (or how much is left in there), and doing it again and again for an infinite amount of gold. Plus were talking AI, and AI buys pretty crappy gear

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 05:04:40 pm »
Heres a problem i see with this. You say that if the fief rebels it sets back to 500 troops 100,000 gold right? What if you let the village rebel, attack it, loot it of the 100,000 gold (or how much is left in there), and doing it again and again for an infinite amount of gold. Plus were talking AI, and AI buys pretty crappy gear

I was under the impression that you only got the cash from the left over equipment in fief attacks.  So its only 100k if nobody fights for the defenders at all.  Given the new XP gains from Strat Battles I would hope that the days of no show fief defences are over and that 100k will therefore be ok for rebelling fiefs.

HOWEVER - simple and fair solution would be to say that the attacker gets none of the actual AI village gold and instead gets a set fee for capturing AI fiefs.  25k for a village, 125k for a Castle, 250k for a Town.  That would make the exploit invalid.  Capturing owned fiefs would remain as it is now.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 02:29:58 pm »
Bump for an old topic with an idea I would still like to see implemented.

I updated the OP a little to reflect recent changes in Strat

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:33 am »
I like the idea but I think there should be a kick in point say 3 fiefs or less lords than fiefs so small clans can take enough land to be functional with out loosing out on huge upkeep on the garrison.

So if you have 5 lords you can hold 3 fiefs and only have to maintain the minimum standing force. I also think there should be a minimum standing force say 1/4 of pop.

Also it could factor in the available gear in the village. Having 300 tickets is great but what's the point if they can't fight. With this in mind perhaps you could have smaller more heavily armed garrisons which will help the smaller clans battle the cost of upkeep by investing more in the gear used for defense.

It could also be expand. Loyalty isn't just the chance of a peasant revolt but also effects in house clan productivity. If the villages don't feel safe they won't work dag nam it! So as loyalty slips so does the maximum % and as you near a revolt it drops to 0.

Also what is the revolt mechanic?

I think it would be awesome if it was an AI battle set for server prime time where the standing garrison had to fight the population and the gear is split 50/50 but the peasants also get a populations worth of peasant stuff like pitch forks, bows, hunting cross bows and cudgels.

If at all possible have it split the spawn sites 50/50 in the fief it's self so instead of one side having to attack the whole battle takes place inside the walls.

That way even if the defending garrison mange to win the population will be destroyed and so with (at least this is what I think should happen) production capacity until the pop comes back up.

--------------------

Also so long as it is controlled by "the peasants" no clan members of any clan should be able to use the place for crafting/recruiting/nothinging.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:03 am »
+1
It also should only count active members to the calculation.
Only members that earned strategus-ticks in crpg in the last 1-2 weeks should count.