Poll

What do you think about fief upgrading feature in strategus ?

Yea, that would be totally awesome !
No, that is useless and open to bug abusing

Author Topic: Upgradable Fiefs  (Read 752 times)

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
Upgradable Fiefs
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:31 pm »
+7
Hi all,

For those who played strategy games like Total War series, Civ series and even Age of Empires series, one of the best feature is to upgrade your settlement/castle/city whatever. In the Mount&Blade version, I was pretty eager to see the result when I ordered to build a watch tower in my fief and frusturated when I saw nothing at the end.

I'm quite sure that people would love to see such a feature added to our beloved cRPG; strategus. Wouldn't be awesome if there would be a fief upgrade feature which allows only the fief owners in strategus to construct additional structures such as walls, watch towers, spikes etc. into their fiefs. Such constructions would change if the fief is a village, castle or city. Of course, it would cost a lot of strategus money and some time to build. The editable construction region should be defined to span a close area around the original settlement.

I'm also quite sure that the algorithm to support local fief modification and its delivery to public database is messy and time consuming. But we've seen times when cRPG dev team has recruited project teams to complete their tasks, which can also be applied for this too.

A support from the community for this feature would be enough I guess, the rest would come. So what do you think about fief upgrading in strategus?

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Upgradable Fiefs
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »
Sounds like a good idea, and they could have a chance to be damaged/downgraded/destroyed when you capture a fief.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:48 pm »
+1
Seems like an interesting idea. On the same wavelength as that, I've slowly been fleshing out a similar idea in my mind having to do with Bandit Hideouts, either as an AI presence on the map (that would hire human players, it wouldn't be bots fighting) that would waylay caravans or what have you, or as a safe haven for bandit scum roleplayers to store their booty, located in woods all over the map.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:37:27 pm »
plas wan

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »
Sounds like a good idea, and they could have a chance to be damaged/downgraded/destroyed when you capture a fief.

Sounds good to me

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:45:46 am »
+1
I like the idea I've been bating on about something similar for a while. I think its do able. It would be hard for the cities, easy for the castles and towns.

Maybe one upgrade could be a gaurd tower in the center of town.

For the castles I think the easiest thing to do would be to have set types of castle with 3 different level of upgrade 1, 2, 3 like in Shogun 2.

Perhaps the upgrades to cities could be economic ones that improve production. Like one upgrade that increase the % chance of succefully producing, one that increase the production rate and one that increase the discount.

Maybe an upgrade for the castle could be an armoury that supplies all your clans forces in an AOE with an amount of weapons and armour while they are near the castle.

Seems like an interesting idea. On the same wavelength as that, I've slowly been fleshing out a similar idea in my mind having to do with Bandit Hideouts, either as an AI presence on the map (that would hire human players, it wouldn't be bots fighting) that would waylay caravans or what have you, or as a safe haven for bandit scum roleplayers to store their booty, located in woods all over the map.

A while ago I had the same idea but I was think that clans could build them and members of the clan could see it and the only way for others to see it would be to walk right up to it.
It just acts like a normal fief but you can't recruit or craft in it.

Maybe you could "fense" stuff through it? As in sell your loot at it at some fixed thing, like 10 gold + distance bonus.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:49:41 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »
I like the idea I've been bating on about something similar for a while. I think its do able. It would be hard for the cities, easy for the castles and towns.

Maybe one upgrade could be a gaurd tower in the center of town.

For the castles I think the easiest thing to do would be to have set types of castle with 3 different level of upgrade 1, 2, 3 like in Shogun 2.

Perhaps the upgrades to cities could be economic ones that improve production. Like one upgrade that increase the % chance of succefully producing, one that increase the production rate and one that increase the discount.

Maybe an upgrade for the castle could be an armoury that supplies all your clans forces in an AOE with an amount of weapons and armour while they are near the castle.

That sounds better actually. The fief owner might have to choose between a militaristic and an economic upgrade. A construction which increases the production percentage is an awesome idea!

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:42:12 am »
Good ideas Frank, I like the weapons radius one, maybe make it so that the items can be reinforced to those players up to the start of the battle, or have regular restrictions apply, so it may favor selected allies. (and some random hero doesn't waste your clan's good stuff)

with enough time and resources, you should be able to get any of the upgrades though, as they're only a siege away from being out of your grasp!

Now that we're down to only a few production hubs, the realization of how weak smaller factions really are is becoming apparent, as the craft and recruit % in what available fiefs we have are getting to be quite low.*  It would be nice if we had the option of expanding one of our more favored fiefs and actually having a chance to hold it, while still producing stuff.  But Alas one is much like the others.

* and this is , of course, not new information  for many of you  :lol:
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile