Author Topic: Archer´s draw  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archer´s draw
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:08:40 am »
No need. Everything is fine as it is.

Kiting for half of the map is fine how? Even I do it sometimes on my archer. Anyone who hasn't 8 ath and low armor can't catch a kiting archer. And then all they do is sprint away for half a minute, turn and shoot.

Reduce ath when bow draw by a third or half, just like carrying a ball in Rageball. To compensate, give them more melee power.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:11:03 am by Vibe »

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
Archer need no melee power, its not melee unit!

Not everyone runs away, there are few (from what I have seen), that constantly piss their pants and run away. Just get rid of them, or fix the mod. The mod is causing problems, not players that are using it like that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:19:11 pm by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 11:34:26 am »
Reduce ath when bow draw by a third or half, just like carrying a ball in Rageball. To compensate, give them more melee power.

What do you have in mind with your «more melee power»?

Archer need no melee power, its not melee unit!

Any archer IRL has backup weapon. Up to longsword. And without slot system running archer was incredible rare.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:35:44 am by Cup1d »

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 11:34:43 am »
+1
IRL lots of things are impossible, if you want to talk about "Real Life".. then this mod should be redone in every single aspect, just like the Mount & Blade itself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:36:54 am by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:22 am »
What do you have in mind with your «more melee power»?

Any archer IRL has backup weapon. Up to longsword.

Straight up buff to damage done by melee weapons without needing power strike, I guess it could be tied to your archery wpf and what your current PS is. On top of that, maybe make more 1 handers 0 slot.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 12:59:11 pm »
Kiting for half of the map is fine how? Even I do it sometimes on my archer. Anyone who hasn't 8 ath and low armor can't catch a kiting archer. And then all they do is sprint away for half a minute, turn and shoot.

I have NO athletics. You got athletics and/or meelee-skill on your archer? Lol. Nub. Go Respec.

Yes, I run away. But I always run to my people so they can defend me. I dont turn around and shoot very often while somebody is hunting me. I try to get some help from my teammates or pick up a meelee-weapon to defend myself (I can block around 4 of 10 attacks, depending on the attackers-spamming-"skill").

I did run before the slot-system was there and I still do. Who cares? Thats what an archer is. Back in that times archers did run, too. Maybe you should get some stones and kill the archer with them while following him when he runs away. that works pretty well, because a good archer does not wear any armor that is heavier than cloth/wool.

If you want to nerf archers, then buff horses. They go down very fast when I shoot for them. So horses really could take some more damage. Then Archers have something they can be afraid of again.

Archers really are not meelee-units. If its a pure-archer he sucks at meelee and deals some damage on range. I think the balancing at the moment is alright.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 1006
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »
Pure archer is bullshit that exists only in this mod. It's cRPG exclusive concept created by min-maxing archers who are the worst min-maxers and power gamers this mod has ever seen.

I did run before the slot-system was there and I still do. Who cares? Thats what an archer is. Back in that times archers did run, too.

No, that's what you are.

In those times everyone run when they were facing a larger threat. But they couldn't wiggle out of danger and change movement directions five times in one second because they are human beings with inertia not this shit we call human being in Warband. Problem with this game is that only when you're using weapons your body reacts somewhat realistically, but when you're running around it's fucking Benny Hill on steroids.

Same goes for both horses and humans. Horses actually have that advantage that they don't change their movement when rider is attacking someone. Humans do, they are slower when fighting.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:58:30 pm by Leshma »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »
+1
Pure archer is bullshit that exists only in this mod. It's cRPG exclusive concept created by min-maxing archers who are the worst min-maxers and power gamers this mod has ever seen.

First of all, what?

Second of all, deciding to be a non-pure archer is deciding to be like a hybrid xbowmen only shittier because you need to invest more skillpoints as an archer.  It's not an issue of min-maxing, but one of actually having an effective build.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 02:43:57 pm »
IRL lots of things are impossible, if you want to talk about "Real Life".. then this mod should be redone in every single aspect, just like the Mount & Blade itself.

Bought the game yesterday, installed cRPG yesterday. This mod cause problems to me.
Once I exit the mod, it doesnt want to start again giving me .exe error, I have to click the icon, and choose "repair" every time I want to play it, its annoying.
Any way to fix it?

For a person who are playing warband and cRPG for three days only, you are too quick with your suggestions

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »
Less running power, more melee power for archers?
This is something I've asked for ages ago. Decrease the archers ranged and/or kiting power, and make it more natural for them to take at least partly melee stuff too.

Straight up buff to damage done by melee weapons without needing power strike, I guess it could be tied to your archery wpf and what your current PS is. On top of that, maybe make more 1 handers 0 slot.
If you saw that thread (Thomek posted, I think?) about nerfing PS and buffing base damage of all weapons, I think this would help a lot. Not just for archers, but also for AGI people. One of my old suggestions was also to change archery wpf so that it mainly gives shooting speed bonus, and accuracy/damage is basically just dependent on the bow. You could still go "pure" archery and shoot faster, but it would make it more sensible to drop the last 5-10 archery wpf and instead get 50 1h/2h/pole wpf. I really don't care WHAT they do, as long as they make "pure" archers unable to kite and give them some boost somewhere else. Leshma is right. Min/maxing is out of hand with arches. This has to stop.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 05:11:44 pm »
just remove range

this game is about melee, range is just a gimmick

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »
+2
just remove range

this game is about melee, range is just a gimmick

How about you start supporting those melee only servers that keep dying slow painful deaths or barely limp on. Until then, majority says keep range.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »
I remember somthing similar was suggested a while back, and wich (contrary to this one) actually made sense and a good sense of balance.

I'll just throw it back here :
-enable a max draw time for all bow. If you exceed it, your fingers get rip, the arrow falls to the ground, and ingame, you have a kick-like effect. Damn, you've hold that bow too long, and it just damn hurt. To not hinder anyone too much, put that limit at 5sec.

Will prevent thoses pointblank shooting after holding and moving during 10sec. Will not change anything to the normal hold for a little bit to feint, then shoot - archers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »

My suggestion was to make bows weight a hell of a lot (and then allow archers to shoot while moving + give them ability to use melee) in my thread, also, archers claiming they can't wear armor are full of shit, my longbow archer felt no difference between his slightly above medium/near heavy armor set and nakedness.
I know archers think it's ok for them to be unkillable but it ain't only HA/HT/HC should be un-meleeable.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »

No, that's what you are.

In those times everyone run when they were facing a larger threat. But they couldn't wiggle out of danger and change movement directions five times in one second because they are human beings with inertia not this shit we call human being in Warband. Problem with this game is that only when you're using weapons your body reacts somewhat realistically, but when you're running around it's fucking Benny Hill on steroids.

Same goes for both horses and humans. Horses actually have that advantage that they don't change their movement when rider is attacking someone. Humans do, they are slower when fighting.
Holy shit... Leshma makes another post I 100% agrees with, I think I need to see a psychologist...
As for your second part, I am extremely pleased to hear that, and I shall keep this avatar then for a very long time since it has been so polarizing for so many people (I liked Boxxy, was rather amusing).
But... she isn't Asian-looking!? Even the green lawn chair had a "made in china" mark on it's bottom (you just couldn't see it).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:02:31 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.