Poll

You select your gear, and press done. After about 2 sec, a new guy spawns on your team,you've never seen him before. He starts attacking you unprovoked. After 3 swings with his giant axe he crushes your shield, and then he kills you with 2 swings. An admi

He should give the TKer a written warning in general chat.
He should give the TKer a written warning in the admin chat (pink text)
He should kick the TKer off the server as a warning.
He should ban the TKer fro 1 hour.
He should ban the TKer for 1 day.
He should ban the TKer for 2  days.
He should ban the TKer for 3 days.
He should ban the TKer for 4 days.
He should ban the TKer for a week.
He should ban the TKer permanently.
He should not ban the TKer because the TKer is in a major clan that will retaliate against the admin for months.

Author Topic: What to do about TKers? [feedback]  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: What to do about TKers? [feedback]
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »
If it happened how you told it, kick.

But if say, somone started attacking a player next round because that player tked them previously or team attacked them without apologising then I think they'd only deserve a warning.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:54:48 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 08:02:57 pm »
For the specific scenario you posted, I would ban for a day. I wouldn't have a problem with a perma-ban actually but I'll be nice. I don't understand why anyone needs to be warned. Stupidity and ignorance are not excuses.

No one is new to gaming that is playing this mod. Everyone knows tk'ing is not permitted. You can't do it in any game. Why would this one be different? So the excuse of ignorance just doesn't fly. Add the fact that they swung multiple times at spawn indicated it was on purpose. There are no enemies to use as an excuse. There are always morons that have this uncontrollable urge to press the left mouse mutton when they spawn. Its in every team-based game I've played, whether its Call of Duty or Counterstrike.

The practical problem we face is that admins don't see tks at spawn. They see the revenge tk and the subsequent trolling by all. For a revenge tk, I would kick. All the other tks that happen during a fight, I would do nothing UNLESS it was obviously witnessed and corroborated by several people that it appeared purposeful. But I think most people need to accept the fact that you will get team damaged and team killed during those clusterfucks.

"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:42 pm »
If it happens how you told, permaban the tk'er for 1 week and if he does it once again, permaban him

I can just repeat what Kung Fu Jesus said :
No one is new to gaming that is playing this mod. Everyone knows tk'ing is not permitted.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »
Nonsense. Revenge tks hamper the team just as any other teamkill. It's retarded and selfrighteous, every player that has revenge tked me I've also seen accidentally tking me or others without bothering to apologise. Not to mention that some people go for "revenge" when their teammate hasn't even hit them in the first place.
Ofc if he attacks you for no reason and you only defend yourself it's something different, but the admin is at no fault banning you like any other tker if he only sees your tk. You can complain in then ban section and hope you've got witnesses to get unbanned and the attacker banned.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 08:39:10 pm »
That's just wrong, you don't know if they're tking because they're lame or if they're defending themselves or revenge tking. You should only tk if you got hit personally, happened more than once that a guy attacks me at spawn for no reason at all, i defend and kill him, and another idiot plays police and attacks me as well, because i teamkilled (while i was only defending after being attacked). It's the most retarded thing you can do.

Maybe you did not read me right - if someone hits ME in the back at spawn, I turn round and make use of my sword or stick an arrow in his face. Policing? No. If I notice teamhitting/killing at spawn against others, I keep an eye on the TKer until he moves to the frontline and/or question him in public chat.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
Im cant promise that I will follow the advice, but it would be handy to know what you guys think about the punishment-level in the game.

As an NA admin, these are my thoughts:

First of all, the entire scenario is situational. If it's a guy I've never seen before, I may give him a written, verbal warning in admin chat. On the other hand, if it's a guy who has done this several times in the past, and been given warnings/bans, who knows the rules, I may go straight to a 24 hour ban.

Also, if I didn't personally see the attack take place, along with anything leading up to said attack, I'm less likely to use a ban or kick. If a player complains that someone intentionally TKed them, and I did not see it happen, I pretty much universally issue written warnings in admin chat. That is usually enough to diffuse the issue, and everyone moves on with their day.

However, being the sadist that I am, if I issue a written warning for a rules violation in admin chat and someone proceeds to troll/abuse the admin, I reserve and occasionally exercise the right to kick/ban them for being a pain in my ass. I consider arguing with me while I'm attempting to enforce the rules to be the game equivalent of "obstruction of justice".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:22:24 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 06:59:59 am »
I think that there should be a damage calculator that calculates the amount of friendly damage, and with what type of attack the damage was caused by, and if it is excesive, then he will be banned for a while, if it is really excesive then he will be banned for very long time, if it is plainly impossible to do on accident, its a perma-ban. There, admins will have a easier job, and if they are not around it is still safe.