Author Topic: The Inevitable.  (Read 4809 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: The Inevitable.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:52 am »
+3
woops didnt mean to post

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 02:20:22 am »
+2
^^ New signature i think
Turtles

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 02:34:31 am »
Unlike the Hospitallers, the Green Faction's armies claim fiefs for ourselves. We don't let one super-power take all the glory and then sanction off fiefs to others, lmfao.

When is Hospitaller going to let ATS, or LL lead one of their armies that they keep funding and single-handedly take a Fief for themselves? They won't.

So you merc for the greens but they dont do anything to help KUTT, doesn't sound like an alliance to me, sounds like your just mercs. They should give you Uslum back its not nice to use people like tools. We have give occitan their land back and they would do the same for us, in fact they are doing it tonight, thats a real alliance.

While this isn't every player you guys employ, Lemmy, what I've noticed about your ranged is somewhat bad target prioritizing, along with awful tunnel vision. One Hospitaller archer who I won't name shot at me, a Crossbowman, for five minutes after he landed one shot on me! It is never, ever wise to chase a kill to that extent when there are more important targets (infantry). You don't win the "ranged war" by shooting their ranged with your ranged, you win it by being better at shooting their infantry!

Also, in the case of Pikes, good throwers are probably the most effective answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-MPoqmt_M

Is this a joke? You say throwers are the answer to defeating an ARMY of pikemen with sheilders protecting them and you post a video of 5, maybe more throwers gang raping one pike-man on the battle server. 5 on 1 and any class would be effective. So i guess if our army was all throwers, and our army outnumbered the pike-man army 5-1 we would win? Yeah... even then those throwers had to hit the pike-man atelast 10 times to kill him, not very effective.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:44:47 am by Lemmy_Winks »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:38 am »
So you merc for the greens but they dont do anything to help KUTT, doesn't sound like an alliance to me, sounds like your just mercs. They should give you Uslum back its not nice to use people like tools. We have give occitan their land back and they would do the same for us, in fact they are doing it tonight, thats a real alliance.

Considering KUTT has only been in Strategus for 6 weeks, I'd say we're doing alright for ourselves. We're not rebuilt enough to occupy a town, one that is on the front lines, and expect to fortify it for a while. We don't have clans like LL just feeding us everything they create so that our clan can go take the glory for everything we accomplish and they exist in our shadows. Everyone in your alliance exists to glorify Hospitallers which is kind of sad, Hospitaller takes all the glory for it and they are just another clan in your alliance. UKC is going tonight to get Uslum for themselves, it doesn't bother us. We're helping them get it.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:49 am »
In all the battles ive been in almost all of our infantry was sheild infantry, we form a sheild wall and attack their mob of infantry infront of us, getting close does absolutely nothing. As i said the second you drop your shield your open to being attacked by almost anyone on their team given they mostly have pikes. Not only that the guys in the front have sheids. So basically you open up and hit someoens sheild, only to be simultaneously stabbed to death by 5-6 people. If pikers couldnt stab thru team mates or stab people who are 5ft infront of them with  a 30 ft weapon it would be better but w/e.

This is exactly why we should be able to stab while holding the shield partially in front of us.  We should not have to position the shield completely out of the way to strike.  The Roman legion used this by locking shields and stabbing in between them with their short sword while advancing.  It was very successful.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 03:17:59 am »
This is exactly why we should be able to stab while holding the shield partially in front of us.  We should not have to position the shield completely out of the way to strike.  The Roman legion used this by locking shields and stabbing in between them with their short sword while advancing.  It was very successful.

They had magical spears that could freely move through comrades and hit any foes? Sure, let them poke through 2 shields as long as there is nothing obstructing the attack (meaning above or below the shields, or leave a small gap in the middle, But I really do wish they could change the animation so if you poke through ANYTHING, you get the same results as looking down and poking *Stun yourself* Being able to poke through people is silly and is the only thing I see wrong with pikes/spears.. Let them have everything else, But you should not be able to swing through objects or other players, and is why I think most think its OP right now.

Kudos to Chaos and Kutt btw for their pike skills/teamwork :)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 03:42:10 am »
And for the record I don't think we look down on any clans in our alliance, We would gladly help LL, ATS or any other clan that wanted a village, Our goal in the war was not to claim every village for our own amusement, it was simply a backhand result of being attacked by the green alliance. We never intended on over reaching. As for our clan, we do have a numch of active members and that is why you see at least half our roster as Hospitallers most nights, that might be why you think we are over-glorifying? I don't know about that one.. I don't see us anywhere beating our chest as solo Hospitallers, But rather cheering on the "Red army" and any who pick up arms with us.

And both sides are fed by their respected allies.. kind of what alliances are for are they not? We (Hospitallers) are very self sufficient, and as I see it are not as reliant on other clans as those on the green side of the fence..We do get help from time to time and appreciate it.   Just my opinion tho.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:45:48 am by Aztek »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:51 am »
Everyone chill out.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 04:04:41 am »
+1
Everyone chill out.

Frank your such a drama queen we are chill, we are having a civil conversation. I, for one, am not mad.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 04:25:17 am »
And for the record I don't think we look down on any clans in our alliance, We would gladly help LL, ATS or any other clan that wanted a village, Our goal in the war was not to claim every village for our own amusement, it was simply a backhand result of being attacked by the green alliance. We never intended on over reaching. As for our clan, we do have a numch of active members and that is why you see at least half our roster as Hospitallers most nights, that might be why you think we are over-glorifying? I don't know about that one.. I don't see us anywhere beating our chest as solo Hospitallers, But rather cheering on the "Red army" and any who pick up arms with us.

And both sides are fed by their respected allies.. kind of what alliances are for are they not? We (Hospitallers) are very self sufficient, and as I see it are not as reliant on other clans as those on the green side of the fence..We do get help from time to time and appreciate it.   Just my opinion tho.

I was in LL during the start of strat. We were told by Valdian ever move we were supposed to make, what we were to be doing at all times, and eventually when you looked at it--everything just went to the Hospitallers to help them fight a war. At that time, we weren't known as "Reds". We were the Hospitaller Faction, and when LL stood up against that, Hospitaller leaders came into our teamspeak and started yelling and cussing and beating their chests saying "DO you know who I am?"

That was when I left LL, I wasn't going to exist in the shadow of Hospitaller anymore, when they couldn't even give LL troops to go lead a warfront, or give us a fief after we helped them take plenty. Guess it makes for a good roleplay reason to dislike you guys now, but still, I feel bad that LL and its members still have to deal with the same thing, and are still very privately vocal about their dislike for being under your boots all the time.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 04:27:04 am »
Is this a joke? You say throwers are the answer to defeating an ARMY of pikemen with sheilders protecting them and you post a video of 5, maybe more throwers gang raping one pike-man on the battle server. 5 on 1 and any class would be effective. So i guess if our army was all throwers, and our army outnumbered the pike-man army 5-1 we would win? Yeah... even then those throwers had to hit the pike-man atelast 10 times to kill him, not very effective.

First off, EDIT: if you are implying /EDIT that we have an army of all Pikeman (with the exception of the KUTT battles, maybe haha), that is an exaggeration. We had as many pikers as you had shielders, if that.

Yes, it was kind of a joke- the video part anyway, I just wanted an excuse to post it because it makes me laugh. Also, I didn't say they were the answer, I said they'd probably be the most effective answer compared to other ranged due to their mobility, ability to be close to the fray, and choice of higher damage projectiles. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Also, something to consider is that the pikeman in the video there is in heavy transitional type armor which most of our side of the war does not have. The standard best stuff we wear is Tunic Over Mail or Cav Robe, some Light Kuyaks, and the weapons being thrown in the video are War Darts/Stones instead of a higher tier item. If you fielded Chucky/Pork and your other throwers with better choices they'd perform much better I'd guess.

What I said about range prioritizing/tunnels remains valid- good ranged will focus on infantry rather than other ranged. Please don't quote parts of what I say if you're going to completely ignore it!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:41:11 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 04:40:31 am »
+1
People need to go over to my Rap thread btw and check out the 420 groups song. It is better than smooths, my song, and that Norwegian guys song put together i shit you not. Dont know why no one is looking at it.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 04:42:17 am »
+1
Clans in our alliance do things themselves, we pay each other to craft items we don't just tell people to craft items for us, we ask for help if we need it but we don't force people them to help us. If a clan in our alliance takes a fief it's their choice what to do with it but I assume KUTT will get Uslum back because I think TKoV and co don't want it themselves (though I can't speak for TKoV on that, but LLJK if noone else will give KUTT a fief since they have been great and loyal allies in building themself up an army very quickly after getting in Strat and great Mercs in all Green battles)

A big goal of LLJK this strat was to get some new clans into strat and doing things for themself since we were sick of all the same clans every time and we didn't want any vassals that we told exactly what to do just allies who do what they think is best, I think we have succeeded in that overall and I don't know enough about Hospitallers to be certain but in my opinion I think the clans in our alliance are more independent and enjoy strategus more because of it.

Just posting to clarify some things so it didn't look like we don't care about our allies haha, it kinda looked like that from your posts Tanken even though I know the meaning was a good one.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:24 am »
Aye, KUTT will get back their village if they want it, we prefer our coastal villages, much too cold in the east  :P Fiefs are gonna change owners many times in this war, just a matter of who is available to attack a fief. KUTT has been a great ally to the Green, and more then deserves it
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:42 am »
Nonsense, Uslum rightfully belongs to the United Kingdoms of Calradia. It is yours. We're far too deep in recovery mode to go hanging our flag from a fief anytime soon.