Author Topic: Weapon Master - 2 handed  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
Re: Weapon Master - 2 handed
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:51 pm »
Enjoy your disturbingly low amount of Strength, then >.>

I kill most of the enemies with 1 to 3 hits. With MW weapon (pierce damage) and step in the swing direction and damagebonus threough 0.6 sec holding LMB and aim for head its often a onehit. So 5 ps and 15 str is enough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »
+1
Mericans builds

Heavy infantry
36 str \ 3 agi, 0 athletics, black armor

Medium infantry
36 str \ 3 agi, 1 athletics, milanese plate

Merican ninja
33 str \ 6 agi, 2 athletics, heavy strange armor

Merican kiter-archer
27 str \ 9 agi, 3 athletics, bride dress

Eu builds

Heavy infantry
17 str \ 24 agi, 8 athletics, light kuyak

Medium infantry
15 str \ 27 agi, 9 athletics, heraldic mail

Eu ninja
9 str \ 33 agi, 11 athletics, steppe armor

Eu kiter-archer
6 str \ 36 agi, 12 athletics, bride dress

Do not have info about Aussi builds though

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »
Do not have info about Aussi builds though

I think it's just better/than you.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »
Nah, I think you are wrong

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:01:13 pm by Cup1d »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:59 pm »
best build out there is 21/21

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1979
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
If you start leveling STR you gain option to increase both IF and PS skills. Both are very useful.

IF is more useful than amount of armor you have in many situations. You see, armor is only good for cut weapons and lately many people use pikes and other weapons which deal pierce damage. Pierce damage eats through armor, just as well as blunt damage. With high IF you'll be able to survive more arrows, armor won't help you much when it comes to bodkin arrows. Same goes for throwing and bolts. In other words, IF is super useful skill and you'll feel little difference of 6 more HP, 15-20 more HP is HUGE difference on battlefield.

I'm not sure should I explain usefulness of PS...

On the other hand there is AGI build (which I use). AGI allows you to level many skills but if you're dedicated 2H melee fighter like me you'll be only interested in ATH and WM. ATH is pretty cool and useful in battle, in theory. However lately it's raining 80% of the time which means your ATH skill will be lowered significantly. During heavy rain my 18/24 build becomes 18/18 or 18/15. Same happens with swing speed which is controlled by WM skill and AGI stat.

WM in current state of c-rpg is nearly useless skill. I have it maxed at 8 WM points and difference between 5 and 8 WM is 20 or some wpf. Combined with rain there is no way you'll feel that difference.

My AGI build was fun and is fun to certain extent but having AGI build like mine won't prevent gang bang. I mean you can turn around adn run away (but if you're in mid heavy armor like me jumping pikemen will catch you) but that's lame. That's something archers do, not fully loomed, well equipped fighters.

So it's better to stack STR,  you really don't need more than 18 AGI, 4-5 WM and 6 ATH.

Offline Rubicon

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • perfect & modest
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rubicon, COCKY, Rubicav
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »
lvl 33, close to 34 (about 8M xp left  :twisted: )
I could have stick to 18/24 and put more IF, but i prefer to put more str, to get Great maul and maybe 7PS if i reach lvl 35 one day.
But let's face it, maxing IF only gives you a little more survivability, and maxing wm gives you a little more speed. Depends what's your style!

Strength    19    
Agility    24    

One Handed    1    
Two Handed    174
Polearm    1    
Archery    1    
Crossbow       
Throwing    1    
Skills

Iron Flesh    2    
Power Strike    6    
Shield    0    
Athletics    8    
Riding    0    
Horse Archery    0    
Power Draw    0    
Power Throw    0    
Weapon Master    8

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:35 pm »
lol, I one-shot Wayne once at the start of the round with a right swing.

No one said WM is useless, if you actually read all of the posts in this thread. I am simply contending that Ironflesh is a better investment of skill points than WM will ever be for a single proficiency non-hybrid melee.

It is actually kinda ironic that the continent which features way more ranged tends to shun a skill that allows you to even stand a chance at surviving the round for longer as a melee.

Well I don't think you posess that kind of skills you could beat Wayne so easilly...

Well maybe you didn't actually say WM is useless but OP was asking if it is useful and you run to say quite the opposite. Something tells me that you are stacking strenght and completely underestimating the importance of agility and the benefits it gives with athletics, and weaponmaster. Yeah when it really comes to it, it's just what you prefer. I know high IF with heavy armor is hard to kill and absorbs many hits but due to character's slow movement it is more likely to end in a situation where you are completely raped with pikes + other weapons, and there is nothing you can do because you are not able to move out from their range.

Isn't it ironic that a continent with less ranged tends to stack strenght and ironflesh even if they wouldn't neccessarily have to because they can simply dodge the few arrows that are flying on the server? And what about lighter gear and athletics in a situation where you are facing an archer? I would say agi build is more powerful since it can easilly dodge the arrows and actually catch the archer who is running away... Situation doesn't look so bright for str build because the bundle of sticks just keeps shooting you, hitting you every time while running.

Goddamn you Tears Of Destiny of Chaos...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1669
  • Infamy: 63
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:57 pm »
@Rubicon

You use medium light armor and you usually die in 2 swings (I rarely need 3 to kill you and I have just 6 PS). Sure, you're very skilled and imho one of the best twohanders out there but your build isn't helping you much. With more STR, PS and more armor you would rape me every time.

And another thing for those who don't know. Athletics only increases acceleration, max speed is same for everyone. For example, Butan with his one million and one STR is slower than anyone else but not as nearly as he should be. On the other hand, when he hits you, you are dead.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »
since you get a HP bonus with each lvl

No you don't. You get hp bonus from str and IF. And if you have a bit of armour IF can help a lot.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:31 pm »
4 Weapon Master may be required if you wear Plate armor.
I tried this build
    Strength: 36
    Agility: 3
    Hit points: 95
    Skills to attributes: 6
    Ironflesh: 12
    Power Strike: 12
    Athletics: 1
    Weapon Master: 1
    Polearm: 118

I was a bit slo with Milanese Plate because my wpf were getting down to 70 (but sometime i could take 10-12 hit before dying)
But with low armor I had no problem duelling with it.
So weapon Master is a bit useless

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2420
  • Infamy: 2318
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 01:17:30 pm »
I would say agi build is more powerful since it can easilly dodge the arrows and actually catch the archer who is running away...

Yes, it's easier to dodge but no matter how you dodge, chance that fucker will hit you is pretty high, and if he hits you in the face...

Faster dodging also means that when you get shot in the middle of it, it will hurt more because of speed bonus...

And no, you can't catch the archers if you have less than 9 ATH. I have 8 and when I'm using light armor just like they use, I can't catch them easily. With heavier armor that's impossible. It's better to stay away from them and wait behind a friendly shield, some wall or whatever. If you try to go after them, using shield while being 2H/polearms char you won't catch them unless they are idiots.

About WM (something I forgot to mention). It's very useful for one handers but twohanders and polearmers can't really feel the difference (unless they spam katana and use light armor aka ninja but that's not very smart thing to do).

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:38 pm »
Well I don't think you posess that kind of skills you could beat Wayne so easilly...

Well maybe you didn't actually say WM is useless but OP was asking if it is useful and you run to say quite the opposite. Something tells me that you are stacking strenght and completely underestimating the importance of agility and the benefits it gives with athletics, and weaponmaster. Yeah when it really comes to it, it's just what you prefer. I know high IF with heavy armor is hard to kill and absorbs many hits but due to character's slow movement it is more likely to end in a situation where you are completely raped with pikes + other weapons, and there is nothing you can do because you are not able to move out from their range.

Isn't it ironic that a continent with less ranged tends to stack strenght and ironflesh even if they wouldn't neccessarily have to because they can simply dodge the few arrows that are flying on the server? And what about lighter gear and athletics in a situation where you are facing an archer? I would say agi build is more powerful since it can easilly dodge the arrows and actually catch the archer who is running away... Situation doesn't look so bright for str build because the bundle of sticks just keeps shooting you, hitting you every time while running.

Goddamn you Tears Of Destiny of Chaos...

1) I'm not Tears. Sorry if we seem similar, but I am not/was never in Fallen, nor have I ever had Admin on any of the official NA or NA Community servers, nor have I ever made my main into an archer.

2) I assume you are talking about Hospitaller_Wayne. If you aren't, and are in fact referencing a different Wayne, then we can just drop that particular line of discussion. I still like one-shotting people, though.

3) I have 2 shield skill for precisely the doom situation you present.

4) I strength crutch because it's just more fun in battle than doing anything else, other than maybe couching AFKs like Huey Newton <3. People also tend to rage at what they perceive to be a lack of skill. Perhaps, but it doesn't matter if you're dead, or you had to go to extra effort just to kill me, which usually means that I can always claim some sort of victory.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:25:29 pm by Rhaelys »

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 01:24:29 pm »
1) I'm not Tears. Sorry if we seem similar, but I am not/was never in Fallen, nor have I ever had Admin on any of the official NA or NA Community servers, nor have I ever made my main into an archer.
Well sorry about the reference then :D. I don't know you and the joke was just about your avatars and how you were one of the first ones to reply to this thread.

2) I assume you are talking about Hospitaller_Wayne. If you aren't, and are in fact referencing a different Wayne, then we can just drop that particular line of discussion. I still like one-shotting people, though.

No I'm definetly not talking about some Hospiloller. Fallen_wayyyyne was the guy I meant and you probably dont know him

3) I have 2 shield skill for precisely the doom situation you present.
Good for you
(click to show/hide)

@Leshma: Well then I'm happy that I'm catching the archers for you :mrgreen:. But I use different methods and it doesn't matter how much athletics they have... It is completely different story.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:32:00 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Rubicon

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • perfect & modest
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rubicon, COCKY, Rubicav
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »
@Rubicon

You use medium light armor and you usually die in 2 swings (I rarely need 3 to kill you and I have just 6 PS).

Yep, but it's a part of the way i rolled my character (yeh RP), 12th century foot knight with a longsword. If i wanted to be gamey i'd have stack IF and use GGS with kuyak :)