Author Topic: Automatic Master-Of-The-Battlefield  (Read 1644 times)

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
Re: Automatic Master-Of-The-Battlefield
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 07:54:30 am »
There are already server rules against delaying. Any player that would decide to break that rule can do it just the same whether there is there is automatic MOTB or not. In fact, a lone player at the end can already force MOTB by staying out of combat for a minute.

As for a team strategy of camping, that already happens sometimes, and automatic MOTB would make it much less effective. I already explained in the first post how automatic MOTB makes it so the campers no longer can use the threat of causing a draw to force their opponents to attack their defensive stronghold.

As for the specific strategy you mention, which is to camp till MOTB and then rush the flag, this seems like the campers should be at a big disadvantage there too. This is because their opponents should be able to get to the flags quicker (unless for some reason the flags appear on top of the campers, which is another reason why it'd be best to have the MOTB flag location be preset for each map, if possible). So they will have already lost the rush. Then as long as one or more of the non-campers can avoid being totally kicked off of the flag, the non-campers will win the MOTB.

I'm sure that makes it worse. Memorize the MOTB locations for each map and camp it?
Also, when I say camp till MOTB, I don't mean stationary camping. I'm talking more of a huge mob staying together and picking off the few that come close, but staying away from the main fights overall until MOTB and rushing.

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Master-Of-The-Battlefield
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 11:51:25 pm »
I'm sure that makes it worse. Memorize the MOTB locations for each map and camp it?
Also, when I say camp till MOTB, I don't mean stationary camping. I'm talking more of a huge mob staying together and picking off the few that come close, but staying away from the main fights overall until MOTB and rushing.

As long as the MOTB locations are put in places that offer no specific advantage (disadvantageous spots work fine too), then there's no problem.

I think you're grasping at straws with this mobile camping idea. A mob that stays together for strength in numbers isn't anything unfair. And where are the "main fights" for this mob to avoid if they are main force for the team. Either there are no major battles because the mob consists of the majority of the team, so the entire opposing team comes at the mob, or the mob is just a significant portion of the team and is letting the rest of the team get slaughtered as they avoid the battle and leave their allies outnumbered.