Author Topic: Money Sink  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
Money Sink
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:58 pm »
+5
To keep down the infation that is happening in the market I would like to make a suggestion.  Implement respec'ing for 1,000,000 gold or 2,000,000 gold.

Things to take into account with determining the price:
How low should it be made to make it attractive to the normal CRPG character but at the same time make it expensive enough so that high level characters dont abuse it.  The goal would be to keep retirement desirable but introduce an effective gold outlet for the crpg economy.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Money Sink
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:25 pm »
Wanna gold inflation? Sure.

30 lvl + 500 gold to retire, or 31 lvl + 0 gold to retire.

People would sell heirlooms for less than 500k to encourage people to buy their heirlooms.

Devs answer? I don't need to ask:

No.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »
To keep down the infation that is happening in the market I would like to make a suggestion.  Implement respec'ing for 1,000,000 gold or 2,000,000 gold.

Things to take into account with determining the price:
How low should it be made to make it attractive to the normal CRPG character but at the same time make it expensive enough so that high level characters dont abuse it.  The goal would be to keep retirement desirable but introduce an effective gold outlet for the crpg economy.
This makes sense, I like it. Plus getting to any high level still has that ultimate lolyoucan'teverchangeyourclassever kinda thing going on which I, as a person who consistently retires every level 30, disagree with.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1924
  • Infamy: 1764
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:46 pm »
You can buy Dravic's lottery tickets or place bets at okiN's place.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:41:23 pm »
So respec where you don't lose XP, for 1 or 2 million gold?  I could see that.  If you mean the normal respec (half xp) for 1 or 2 million gold I think that's ridiculous (if you weren't level 31 or higher).  You'd be better off getting to level 31 and retiring. 

I'm gen 5 and the most I've ever had at one time was 150k gold (well sold two loom points, but bought a +1 loom each time), and the other 2 times I used my loom points. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:04 am »
Buying Strat gold (Not from players just a way to convert c-rpg gold to Strat) :D

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Silveredge

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:39 am »
So respec where you don't lose XP, for 1 or 2 million gold?  I could see that.  If you mean the normal respec (half xp) for 1 or 2 million gold I think that's ridiculous (if you weren't level 31 or higher).  You'd be better off getting to level 31 and retiring. 

I'm gen 5 and the most I've ever had at one time was 150k gold (well sold two loom points, but bought a +1 loom each time), and the other 2 times I used my loom points.

Yes, no loss of experience.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 05:35:10 am »
I don't see the problem here ?
If you think +3 items are too expensive i can only lol
Even the laziest person can retire every 14 days .
If you sell your heirloom you can make 500-650k gold depending on the supply/demand rate of that very moment.
If you retire again in next 2 weeks and sell it to average of 500-650 which is 575k , you'll have 575 x 2 = 1.150.000 gold.
There are rank 3 items on the market starting from 1.2m ...

If you are new to game , you should sell all your heirloom points because fatnerds that have been playing for a while are always up for buying heirlooms if you sell 3 heirloom rights from the average price , you'll make 1.725k and with that amount of gold you can buy very good +3 items for example i sold my +3 War Cleaver for 1.6kk , you can buy Danish GS for 1.4kk , Arbalest for 1.2kk horn bow for 1.3kk etc etc...
Making money is easy for new players because of rich old timers if you try to waste their money , you'll fuck newcomers aswell.
Stop reading shit about communism and posting fail argumants related to it ffs ...

Offline Silveredge

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:53 am »
Making money is easy for new players because of rich old timers if you try to waste their money , you'll fuck newcomers aswell.

That's irrelevant if it lowers prices.  It doesn't matter how much money you make if everything costs 3 million gold in the future.  Savvy?

Stop reading shit about communism and posting fail argumants related to it ffs ...

wut?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:21:51 am »
The easiest solution would be that you implement an transaction tax to the market.
If you sell an item you have to pay 10000 Gold if you buy an item you have to pay 10000 gold.
Exclude Rank0 items and you are done.
This way the market is eating big amounts of gold => deflation.

Alternative you could collect 1-2% of the gold every sold item in the marketplace costs.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:14 am »
Alternative you could collect 1-2% of the gold every sold item in the marketplace costs.
This is what Nord Invasion auction hall does. You have to pay 10 gold + 5% (of the gold you want to get for the item) just to make an offer on the market. This reduces the amount of ridiculous offers a lot. Of course you can't carry this over to crpg 1:1.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Silveredge

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:20 am »
A tax on players is not fun.  I would like to see something that makes the player feel like they're benefiting from it.  Instead of taxes being forced onto the poor and hungry of the population, so to speak.