Author Topic: Some tips?  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Jeff2307

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Some tips?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »
Best possible build for a new player imo. You pack a punch, you can take a few hits and you're reasonably fast.
Don't convert skillpoint until you hit level 30 though, this prevents nasty and accidental mistakes that might screw over your build.
Aim for 15/15 at level 25, then 18/15 at level 28 and 21/15 at level 30.

I don't feel the need for athletics though... I don't need speed :d
And how come when I have 4 points left and I click on the + at one handed they all disapear?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:39:16 pm by Jeff2307 »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 04:58:25 pm »
+1
As you get higher in proficiency for a weapon it requires more points per wpf.  Diminishing returns as you go upward, one of the reasons why the WM is one of the least effective things to invest in (except for ranged characters which need wpf for things like draw/reload speed & accuracy).

Athletics is important for almost every build - an exception may be a dedicated cav player that is planning on being mounted most of the time.  Having a healthy amount of athletics will help you keep decent footwork and not be overwhelmed as much in melee, and it will also help get away from enemy hordes instead of getting surrounded and destroyed.

That said the important part is having enough athletics to compete in general.. I'd say no less than 3 and no more than 7 should be your range, to taste based on your preferences. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 05:05:59 pm »
Yes you'll need speed. Even the biggest rolling tank needs enough speed to - at the very least - keep the pressure on archers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:47 pm »
I just want to go 1 handed any ideas? :D

Yes, use grumbs link he gave you to the crpg character calculator:  http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

It's so helpful it's ridiculous to try and plan a build without it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 03:26:30 am »
I don't feel the need for athletics though... I don't need speed :d
And how come when I have 4 points left and I click on the + at one handed they all disapear?
Speed is the most important part of your character after the ability (not ammount) to do damage. Always max out athletics.

As for a 1h/arhcer hybrid, the one belove is probably the best. Seriously, some of the hybrid builds I saw here were some of the worst builds I've seen!
(click to show/hide)

But if you don't want to respec and remove the shieldskill, then this might be the better archer/shielder build:
(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia