Poll

should cav keep this kind of selection?

yes(only people with money should be able to play cav)
27 (36.5%)
no(skill should be playing a mayor part in the cav selection)
47 (63.5%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: cavalry complaints  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cavalry complaints
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:46 am »
+2
hey here is an idea, maybe to make hybrids weaker bring back the bonuses you get for riding skill.
This means those who invest heavily in cav get bonuses that people who are hybrids don't get. Also reduce horse breakage by riding skill will mean less hybrids.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 10:47:25 am »
hey here is an idea, maybe to make hybrids weaker bring back the bonuses you get for riding skill.
This means those who invest heavily in cav get bonuses that people who are hybrids don't get. Also reduce horse breakage by riding skill will mean less hybrids.
How would that make cav more "skillbased", I'm just asking. It would be making everything too much build dependable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:43 pm »
I use Champ Plated Charger and this rings very true.  Any decent hit on leg or head is fatal now.  I find the nerf too much but we cav aren't allowed to QQ our QQ credit has run out apparently (unlike ranged). 

My CPC can get taken down with 1 hit from a battleaxe, I have the videos cos we did some testing, just need to upload to YT then share.  The guy i test with had 8 PS, quite high but still srsly 1 hit lol.  Then you take into account the free hit enemy has when you get dismounted lol.

p.s. 3 overhead hits and 1 to his body with my MW HBS (5PS)...makes sense now why I read in the servers that people are saying nerf infantry.  Don't shoot the messenger.

Please do, i just tested it with a plate charger and rush into the battle field and my horse got 1 hitted by a GLA , seems like Armorued horse is only good vs archers...bad for vs Infantry

Yes i myself (Cav) are now complaining because before the patch Cav was pretty balance, now people who uses heavy horses are not that OP anymore and can get one hitted most of the time. It is 100% clear that light horses are much better than armoured horse. Armoured horses are only good for HA.  Nuff said
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:41:40 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 12:45:03 pm »
+1

This, because this gen I'm going pure cav. As in, 'my horse is my legs'. 6 ps, 8 riding, 3 shield.

That's it. I'm just a selfish piece of kill-whoring shit. Though, I could rationalize my demand by suggesting that riding skill points 1-5 offer not much of a bonus, but points > 5 (that's 6, 7, 8, etc. for those of you who are really fucking stupid) offer exponentially greater speed/maneuver bonuseseses. In my experience, just 4 or 5 riding is really rather effective--to much so I think. Reward the pure-blooded cavalry, I says.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »
i always go for other lancers since i see them as a both a high threat to my team, and a challenge

That's a completely valid tactic that will, I think, pay on the long term. By training your lancer vs lancer skills, you will be more succesfull at it.

This, because this gen I'm going pure cav. As in, 'my horse is my legs'. 6 ps, 8 riding, 3 shield.

That's it. I'm just a selfish piece of kill-whoring shit. Though, I could rationalize my demand by suggesting that riding skill points 1-5 offer not much of a bonus, but points > 5 (that's 6, 7, 8, etc. for those of you who are really fucking stupid) offer exponentially greater speed/maneuver bonuseseses. In my experience, just 4 or 5 riding is really rather effective--to much so I think. Reward the pure-blooded cavalry, I says.

Yes please. Build decisions are really horrible for melee/cav "hybrids" because the two most important skills for infantry are PS and ATH. PS you can't get a lot with a proper horse (read : not a truck), and ATH which is useless when you are on your horse. Here's an example :

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 50

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 0
    Power Strike: 5
    Shield: 7
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 7
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 3

One Handed: 108
    Two Handed: 1
    Polearm: 87
    Archery: 1
    Crossbow: 1
    Throwing: 1

A level 27 lancer, or a level 27 agi shielder with 108 1h prof :?

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:12 pm »
Yes i myself (Cav) are now complaining because before the patch Cav was pretty balance, now people who uses heavy horses are not that OP anymore and can get one hitted most of the time. It is 100% clear that light horses are much better than armoured horse. Armoured horses are only good for HA.  Nuff said

Yeah, before the last patch (and after the archer nerf) cav was so pretty well balanced, that half of the server was riding around on horse. Suuuuuuure.  :rolleyes:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2012, 03:47:13 pm »
Yeah, before the last patch (and after the archer nerf) cav was so pretty well balanced, that half of the server was riding around on horse. Suuuuuuure.  :rolleyes:

WHen archers were nerfed, cav got too crazy.  Now archers are back up to power, but cav was also nerfed pretty bad.  This was an overkill adjustment.  They should have EITHER buffed back archers OR nerfed cav.  They did both.  Now that archers are back to "normal" the horse-leg nerf should be reversed.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2012, 05:14:09 pm »
+1
WHen archers were nerfed, cav got too crazy.  Now archers are back up to power, but cav was also nerfed pretty bad.  This was an overkill adjustment.  They should have EITHER buffed back archers OR nerfed cav.  They did both.  Now that archers are back to "normal" the horse-leg nerf should be reversed.

The biggest lol was a few mini patches ago, where one of the patch notes was "Arabian War Horse HP buff" which went up 10 points.  Most pointless things devs ever did imo, just like a spit in the face tbh.  "Here, have this fail 10 extra HP, while we go and make ranged more Op than ever against cav in a few days anyway".

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:40 pm »
That's a completely valid tactic that will, I think, pay on the long term. By training your lancer vs lancer skills, you will be more succesfull at it.

Yes please. Build decisions are really horrible for melee/cav "hybrids" because the two most important skills for infantry are PS and ATH. PS you can't get a lot with a proper horse (read : not a truck), and ATH which is useless when you are on your horse. Here's an example :

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 50

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 0
    Power Strike: 5
    Shield: 7
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 7
    Horse Archery: 0
    Power Draw: 0
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 3

One Handed: 108
    Two Handed: 1
    Polearm: 87
    Archery: 1
    Crossbow: 1
    Throwing: 1

A level 27 lancer, or a level 27 agi shielder with 108 1h prof :?

This is disgusting how low WPF cavalry needs to be successful. Must be nice to not have to have a minimum of 4 WM and all WPF into your main weapon just for it to function properly  :?

All cavalry weapons needs to have a minimum WPF requirement (125?) to be used while riding or else it should be wiggling like Red Foo, making it nearly impossible to be accurate in their swings and lancings.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 10:48:31 pm »
+1
The biggest lol was a few mini patches ago, where one of the patch notes was "Arabian War Horse HP buff" which went up 10 points.  Most pointless things devs ever did imo, just like a spit in the face tbh.  "Here, have this fail 10 extra HP, while we go and make ranged more Op than ever against cav in a few days anyway".

arabian shouldnt have gotten it anyways, its the horse of choice for HA's due to maneuverability to avoid other cav and this just made it harder for ranged players on foot to bring it down

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »
arabian shouldnt have gotten it anyways, its the horse of choice for HA's due to maneuverability to avoid other cav and this just made it harder for ranged players on foot to bring it down

And, why should they have an easy time bringing it down?  Now it's just too easy for foot-ranged, 1-3 shots, while HA has to take into account loads of factors, now he has a weak as shit horse too...

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:47 am »
+1

It's the horse of choice for many of the best lancers to...

The 7 riding just makes it difficult to attain for most people, especially those with a hybrid build.

But on that note I now have a Champ Courser AND a Champ Arabian to choose from  :)

The courser is actually better for avoiding other cav, the speed lets you keep distance whilst shooting horses and also lets you keep up with everyone. As long as you know how to use it's lower manoeuvrability. Plus when you are shooting horses the lack of accuracy from higher speed doesn't matter much. The Arabian is better vs infantry for both HA and lancers because you can dart in and out of them a lot more and avoid there weapons.

Anyway from what I've experienced so far I'm not to fussed about ranged damage vs horses. It's just back to normal levels again from non-existant damage. And I haven't really gotten near melee enough to notice the extra damage on the legs. I can imagine it's more noticeable with a heavy horse though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:45:21 am by Overdriven »

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »
So you cav guys are saying cav is better off as a hit and run class? Maybe then nerf its close quarters abilities namely forcefield shields and slow speed bumps and cater them more for quick attacks and escaping?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:20 pm »
kaf I only need 6 riding, so I use an 18/18 melee/cav hybrid at level 30

2 if, 6 ps, 4 shield, 6 ath, 6 riding, 5 wm.  113 1h/110 polearms

sucks if you need/want 7 riding, you really fuck yourself over.  although i used to play with 15 str on my builds, having 1 more powerstrike is huge.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:27 pm »
There are 2 kinds of cav - one kind kills you when you're back is turned, the other kind gets killed by you when it isn't. I don't think this is a skill difference, it's just a personality difference.

Bring back thrust angle and a lot of people will move away from cheap kills.