Author Topic: NERF INFANTRY  (Read 7978 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: NERF INFANTRY
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »
I was one-shot today with 18 strength, 40 body armour and full health from an arrow. I know, no ironflesh at all, but one-shot in that armour with that strength from an arrow? That's bullshit

you got one shooted by a guy with at least 10 PD or something, it is impossible to get one shooted below 6 PD. 7 PD can make you lose 60% hp. 12 PD = 1 shot kill.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
+1
I demand all damage be nerfed 110% to encourage the severely underpowered pacifist class.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »
you got one shooted by a guy with at least 10 PD or something, it is impossible to get one shooted below 6 PD. 7 PD can make you lose 60% hp. 12 PD = 1 shot kill.

Also, bagge with 6 PD took 80 %, just saying. That's fair enough, maybe a tad too high but as long as I don't get one-hit by a bow it's mostly fine. I think 2-4 is good on medium infantry tbh.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:31 pm »
Also, bagge with 6 PD took 80 %, just saying. That's fair enough, maybe a tad too high but as long as I don't get one-hit by a bow it's mostly fine. I think 2-4 is good on medium infantry tbh.

All archers deal different dmg, true: But you cannot include Bagge in any list, because, remember, he is a Nord, and they dont have to level up, nor leave their characters at lvls 30-33, they just choose w/e amount of wpf they want and w/e stats they decide they want. Be smart.
But: watch them when you see them, see the speed of feet, the dmg dealt and the obvious wpf...think for yourself what you want.

I am a horse archer with 5 PD and MW Horn bow + MW bodkin and to be honest i need to shoot 6-7 times to kill a tincan with 55 armor . Life is very hard as HA and i always get killed by enemy rangers. Still HA is only good for killing enemy horses

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2012, 09:09:27 pm »

I am a horse archer with 5 PD and MW Horn bow + MW bodkin and to be honest i need to shoot 6-7 times to kill a tincan with 55 armor . Life is very hard as HA and i always get killed by enemy rangers. Still HA is only good for killing enemy horses

You should drop to a MW Tatar for the accuracy and shoot while charging for the speed bonus instead of the circle the wagons technique. They will drop much sooner.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 2260
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:14 pm »
Wow, he will really be tearing it up with those 15 (17 MW) arrows!

Psst....Archers carry quivers. That build is a 2 Hander with an anti-Cav option if needed.

Actually that's how I imagine c-rpg archer. If I could I would give archers back their melee abilities but something would have to go and that's shotgunning ability. Would also significantly buff damage, velocity but bows should be slower.

Still don't understand why bastard swords which you carry on your hip, require 2 slots just like greatswords which you keep holstered on your back. Bastard, heavy bastard, longsword and katana should be one slot weapons.

If they ever decide to change archery more to my liking I will probably respec to become one.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »

I am a shielder with 6 PS and MW Italian Sword + MW Heavy Round Shield and to be honest i need to hit 6-7 times to kill a tincan with 55 armor . Life is very hard as shielder and i always get killed by enemy polearms. Still shielder is only good for killing enemy baddies.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »
I am a polearmer with mw ashwood pike and to be honest I love it - true story.

The ashwood pike is a sexy, sexy beast and I am quite fond of it myself.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2012, 03:53:30 am »
You should drop to a MW Tatar for the accuracy and shoot while charging for the speed bonus instead of the circle the wagons technique. They will drop much sooner.
Sir, there you are wrong.

Horse achers/crossbowmen/thorwers do not get speed bonus from their own speed.

Ask the devs if you dont want to take my word for it :-p

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »
really? I just can speak out of own experience as a target, some time a HA charged me at full speed and his tatar arrow took 60 % of my health, and that with 21 str, 4 IF, fully lordly heavy armor. And no, it was not a headshot.

Just saying. Bad luck?!

Aye bad luck, you could have been running towards him, which adds to the damage, but not his speed. Also WM items help. Although if you say 60%, more than likely it was a headshot which bugged on the graphics side.

I tested, realized that  speed bonus does not apply, so asked  the devs about and they said that it is so for balancing purposes. (i also think that someone said it was hardcoded, not sure about it though)

The best way to see this is to make a skip the fun HA, follow someone on the same horse at top speed. He will get speed bonus on his defence even though you are traveling at the same speed. Do the same standing still, he will die much faster. This ofcourse is completly inbalanced but wont be changed.

FYI - Im a HA with champ courser and MW horn bow that shoots at speed, so id notice if the bonus was applied  :twisted:

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »
Yeah, going high speed as HA whilst fun and good for making you hard to hit is not advantageous damage wise.

If one wishes to have more damage then one must have an enemy who charges.  :wink:

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline whitepaladin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • holy king of the order
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Griffin
  • Game nicks: King brandis,Paladin Brandis
  • IRC nick: Brandis
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »
These fucking inmy old friendtries are just ruining the game for me, I go to kill the enemy and they're all just these infantry doodoolords, makes me very buttstrated. PLS NERF
SOLUTION= make horses stronger: more health 30 more for each horse, make archers get polestun and bonus against shield!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:39 pm »
make archers get bonus against shield!

:lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:12 pm »

just find out that bagge is a donator, so he has force point which means he will as strong as a level 38 player

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 533
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »
facepalm.jpg

That's not how things work around here. Wookie would be level 50 if that was the case.