Author Topic: Ironflesh  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ironflesh
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 04:53:56 pm »
Yeah. I'm going for 21/21 at lvl 31 atm, so no Ironflesh. I can definitely feel the difference between 0 and 6-7 IF even though my armor weight is 12..
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 05:16:22 pm »
I can confirm that 36 STR and 11+ IF is quite useful. But only with plate armor. And get a good helmet, because overheads still kill you fast otherwise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 05:20:57 pm »
12 IF
36 Str
Lordly Transitional
Watch the AGI chars take 10 hits to kill you
Profit?

If IF ( hehe ) would be buffed to 3 points per IF , even a hardcoe agi build .... like katana ( 3x heirloomed )  with minimum on str ( 9 ) has to hit you only 3 times more ( 3points/IF ) , if you have 36 hp more. And that on 60 armor. Average damage for 9str. agi katana build on 60 armor is about 13,5dam. x3 = 40.5 Hitpoints away. And a player with 60+ armor and 3 agi ( max. 1WM ) is really slower , than a katana swinger with 9 str. , 33 agi , 199 wpf. ( wow ! Nearly 200 wpf ! ) , 3ps , 11 wm , 6 athl. , 12 converted.
Maybe the str. build can win if he hit once. If he doesn´t hit , cause he is slow like hell, the agi wirlwind wins easy. spam , spam , spam , spam , spam .... that´s no fun , for the str.-build , but for the agi spammer it is !

When the Str. build uses a long maul , the katana is dead in one hit , but the katana were dead with 2h/pole and less str. too.

And who wants to play a str.-Build with 36 str. ( 3 agi ? ) ? If the round starts he shouts : "Mates ! Wait ! I´m slow like hell .... don´t run away to enemy and leave me behind ! I see a Ninja is coming from the right , with a katana ! noooooooooo !" ;-)

I think even u buff to 3hp per IF were ok, cause 2 is waste of points. ( Don´t know if i would use it even with 3 points per IF ;-) )
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:26:51 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »
It's definitely not a waste of points. People act like 1-3 hits more isn't a big deal, it is.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2011, 05:25:36 pm »
The thing is, in order to be useful you must have at least 6 IF, otherwise if you just have 3-4 spare points to put in it you're better off converting them, in my opinion.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 05:26:35 pm »
Don´t know if i would use it even with 3 points per IF

The same for me
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:58 am »
Sean Whatevs I think you are trying to make a point in favor of agi spammers, but minus the exceptional ones they simply can't beat a heavy beast in serious armor.

I know Beeper who is basically a raw AGI char takes ALOT of hits to kill me... on the reverse 1 chamber block and I kill him
Of course he still beats me, but thats more skill than raw build
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 01:56:54 am »
Because when a majority of people say somethings over and over it becomes the truth in their reality no mater how illogical it is..

Having even 5 IF on a 15 st charac give you 20% more hp yet it is useless for some reason.

20% from low HP is still little bonus.