Author Topic: Rage an all who have the hourly tax of100gp  (Read 1591 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Rage an all who have the hourly tax of100gp
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 11:09:29 am »
There are a lot of options open to what can happen with and in fiefs.

An idea I just posted in a different thread is this one;

Change "beg for a coin" to "sanctuary!" gives you 12 hours of immunity to from fees and/or being booted out of the fief.

Also perhaps have an option for landless clans to be able to settle/set up guild in a city fief and boost their crafting in that city fief to 69%... or another number, but it is only impacted by members of that clan being in the same fief.

Perhaps you could get a bonus for having a small group of people working on the same item gives a bonus. So some guys working on crafting rounceys in there guild gives them 1 extra skill per guy or girl crafting rounceys. But for every x number of clans men bang stuff out they suffer a harsh crafting % reduction.

Perhaps the erection of a guild could cost 10k strat gold. And the guild hall could be viewable to none guild members. Like the town centre is now. But the guild can post what they have availble and what they can do, perhaps you could even place an order for items. So you set the price your willing to pay and how many you want and they fill the order and chuck it all in.

I'm just spit ballin :D
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 12:07:05 pm »
+1
My price maps aren't up to date anymore but as far as I can recall:

Union (purple) = 100 fees, 100 taxes in villages
Grey's = 100 visiting fees, dunno about taxes
DRZ = desert area is 100 fees, dunno about taxes.
Legio (red) = no fees but they might kick you out and attack unless you get permission.

Grey's = 100 visiting fees (all villages - sorry - 100% efficiency is important) but tax is only 5% for every locations. If your transport is larger than 1000 goods - let me know and I will reduce  tax to 3%.
Welcome! Remember - we do not attack any traders (except Mercs, HRE, GK, Fallens & Kapikulu of course) and the area is safe. If we see that you are attacking anyone in our area - you're the next target.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »
are you gonna attack me in strategus?
You really ought to have sent this in PM...

No, I wasn't there to attack you. We recently had some bandits in our lands and I was positioning myself to attack them if they tried to run in that direction. We try to do our best to make our lands safe from honest traders. Raiders and bandits are rooted out whenever we see them. If you spot any, please send us their name (and picture of where they are if you can) and we'll take care of them.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »
There is quite a big line between acctually crying about something and just raging about it. Moving from tief to tief for 5 straight days and only finding settlements  that have the 100gp and 100% tax can piss off even the most patient man....if he is dedicated enough that is.

And I think you will like me less now since I dropped the "Sky is failling" attitude and switched to "I really dont care much" attitude  :mrgreen: . Ive pretty much played my fare share of C-rpg/strategus (2 months I think) and I can clearly say its just nothing more than a massive clusterfuck and grindsville. It is amazingly repetitive and I consider longterm players of this either people who  really have no other games to play, or people who will do whatever it takes just to get all THE XXXXPPPPP.

I checked your faction and you're a 1 man faction.  Lesson number 1, diplomacy:  If you don't want to go village to village checking prices and taxes then start messaging factions who own large swaths of land and see if they have a village you can craft in for not too expensive.  This map is extremely helpful for that purpose:  http://stratmap.x10.mx/stratmap.html

Lesson # 2 - become larger (whether recruiting more people, or become a vassal or join a large faction):  Strategus is really about getting large alliances and factions (or at least neutral non-aggression pacts) if you want to control villages and hold them. 

Just like in middle ages Europe you can start off with lots of factions owning villages (think of them like European provinces where in modern day France and Germany borders there were dozens of "rulers/kings" of each province).  But after a few 100 years, only the largest factions controlled the most territory.  Making friends and not making enemies is crucial to surviving and flourishing in strategus.

This is a long term game, it's not designed for a 1 man faction to flourish.  You want this to cater to you, but that's not the case.  If you don't adapt you will fall by the wayside (and apparently rage the whole way down).  1 man parties can still be relevant.  You can get a decent sized army and arm them and can be a trading merchant (can make lots of money like this).  By buying goods from factions and transporting them across the map to sell for a profit.  You can raid people (but want to make sure you're not in a faction claimed land, which is almost not possible, so pick and choose your raids carefully). 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:06:20 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 07:27:11 pm »
I checked your faction and you're a 1 man faction

nah, acctually we are a way larger faction. IL has merged, our fac consists of only 1 guy, cause he didnt obey the order to leave the fac for good and join the fac we merged. The fac in strategus is called Iron Roses. Its little confusing I know, cause in C-rpg we still keep our own clantags.

Lesson # 2 - become larger (whether recruiting more people, or become a vassal or join a large faction):  Strategus is really about getting large alliances and factions (or at least neutral non-aggression pacts) if you want to control villages and hold

If you where up do date properly, we arent what you would call exactly small and defenceless. We also have a alliance with Noobs 4 Boobs and Legio.

Just like in middle ages Europe you can start off with lots of factions owning villages (think of them like European provinces where in modern day France and Germany borders there were dozens of "rulers/kings" of each province).  But after a few 100 years, only the largest factions controlled the most territory.  Making friends and not making enemies is crucial to surviving and flourishing in strategus.

Dude, this is a game, not a medieval simulator. Players should have fun, even when  loosing. Kinda like I do in C-rpg. I loose, but atleast its entertaining. If I wanted "Just like" games, id suggest real army games where you train for many weeks(real time), later get shot in the face. Respawn and than get back to training...to do it all again. PS: In a "medieval europe I doubt anybody asked for tax from people who just wandered the streets or recruited men. I understand the part about crafting and transaction tax. But gold for staying in town....thats total BS.

This is a long term game, it's not designed for a 1 man faction to flourish. bla bla bla 

Again, sure its long term...but it should be atleast entertaining. Again, not 1 man faction. And I never expected it to cater me, never said that...I just said that these 100% tax etc are really ruining the flow of the game. And again....this game is a massive grind. Nothing more.

I said alot of bad things about Strategus and you would just simply reply that I should stop playing it than. And eventually I will......if I keep finding these massive wrong decisions made on a game.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35:13 pm »
Why would I stay up to date on your faction, I'm from NA and I don't even try to keep up with all the NA faction name changes and member lists.  I did a quick research based on your name and came to that conclusion. 

If you're not small and defenseless and have allies who hold territory, maybe you should be talking to them about crafting in their village...

Strategus is a long term strategy game where you use a browser to do most strategic things (besides diplomacy/agreements, etc), and is how you initiate battles.

If you want instant gratification that's what c-rpg is for.  As I've said to you before, strategus isn't customized for your personal preferences and for you to get immediate enjoyment.  If that's not what you're looking for in a game, then don't rage about it either suggest  constructive criticism or stop playing it. 

I find strategus entertaining on a large scale, my personal entertainment comes from fighting in strategus battles.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:36:16 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 08:13:47 am »
If you're not small and defenseless and have allies who hold territory, maybe you should be talking to them about crafting in their village...

That was just what I did. But I wanted the faraway bonus. We got friends at only 1 side of the map. I went faraway and everywhere I went, was 100gp and 100%, which really pissed me off, cause I spent the........ for now about 7 days just aimlessly wandering around, which I could have used for craft and recruit actions.