Author Topic: Lolstab range  (Read 12849 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
Lolstab range
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »
I've just been on the duel server and i noticed, that the lolstab outranges all the attacks i can perform with my long hafted blade... by far.
I dont see why a 123 length weapon should outrange a 153 weapon by far, even though it is a sword... it just doesnt make sense to me.
Therefore i think that this should be fixed.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
Re: Lolstab range
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »
I think you simply got owned.

If he can get close enough, fast enough, to lolstab you before you can backpedal and swing, hes gonna hit you.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:03:23 pm »
I agree, remove the only advantage 2h have over polearms, so everybody switches to polearms and we'll all be happy fighting with the same weapons. Polearms are already longer,faster,have better overall damage, cheaper and have stun, what more could you possibly ask for?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »
I agree, remove the only advantage 2h have over polearms, so everybody switches to polearms and we'll all be happy fighting with the same weapons. Polearms are already longer,faster,have better overall damage, cheaper and have stun, what more could you possibly ask for?
I think you simply got owned.

If he can get close enough, fast enough, to lolstab you before you can backpedal and swing, hes gonna hit you.

Razzen approached me 1 inch at a time untill he could just hit me with his german greatsword lolstab. When he reached that point, i tried every single attack with my long hafted blade at the same range. i wasnt even close to hitting him, so:
1. no, i didnt simply get owned, i tested if the lolstab had greater range than a 153 length long hafted blade
2. polearms mgiht already be longer, but most of them have smaller reach than the lolstab

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:53 pm »
Razzen approached me 1 inch at a time untill he could just hit me with his german greatsword lolstab. When he reached that point, i tried every single attack with my long hafted blade at the same range. i wasnt even close to hitting him, so:
1. no, i didnt simply get owned, i tested if the lolstab had greater range than a 153 length long hafted blade
2. polearms mgiht already be longer, but most of them have smaller reach than the lolstab

So the stab is longer than your swing, but your swing is longer han his swing.

Bottomline is that polearms are superior to 2h and alot of them are currently OP.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:19:53 pm »
So the stab is longer than your swing, but your swing is longer han his swing.

Bottomline is that polearms are superior to 2h and alot of them are currently OP.

the 2H has the longest attack, which is all that matters. they can hit me before i can hit them, that gives the 2h an advantage.
and if polearms are OP, why do most top players use 2H? i see more 2H top players than polearm top players

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »
Polearms better than two-handers? What have you guys been smoking?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:48 pm »
the 2H has the longest attack, which is all that matters. they can hit me before i can hit them, that gives the 2h an advantage.
and if polearms are OP, why do most top players use 2H? i see more 2H top players than polearm top players

Polearms are cheaper, faster and longer than 2h and have the same if not higher damage + stun.

If that doesnt classify as better, i dont know what does.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:39:20 pm »
Polearms are cheaper, faster and longer than 2h and have the same if not higher damage + stun.

If that doesnt classify as better, i dont know what does.

many ppl says that LHB is the best polearm, we can try comparing it to a german greatsword:
German greatsword has the longest attack (it doesnt matter that polearm has longer swing as long as the 2H can attack first and with a super-fast thrust)
German greatsword has higher swing dmg
German greatsword has MUCH higher thrust dmg
german greatsword is only slightly slower.

imo, german greatsword is best, which is why 50% of CRPG's top players use it

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »
Make the long hafted blade 10k more expensive, I don't care :p

The stab of 2h is overpowered in my opinion. It is very fast, high range and very high damage. For me personally, and I guess that goes for more players, overhead and stab attacks are way harder to block than sideswings. The window in where your mouse movement does an upward or downwards block is very small and a slight deviation to either side makes it a side block. (That window should be made slightly larger, but thats another discussion) 2H players, for example Phyrex, continually use stabs. Can't blame em cause its by far their best option. I'd say make the thrust attack slightly less powerful and give it less range and improve the swing attacks.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »
I keep hearing about polearm stun, but I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed it. Is it that stagger when you get hit? That happens on 2 hand and 1 hand weapons too, and arrows/rocks/ etc. Is there a polearm stun in the code somewhere? Can someone snip it out so we can see it?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »
Regarding stun:

There is a "weight vs weight" weapon stun. Say - charged (chambered/held/you name it) greatsword  strikes a side sword. There is added delay to the side sword wielder after he blocks, he cant counter attack and MUST block twice unless he massively out manouvers the other guy. In general this applies only to charged attacks and only in situations where a heavier wep strikes a lighter one. Polearms in general are a bit heavier than 2hers so they can use this more. I could be wrong but unless the weight difference is huge this sort of stun applies only on charged overheads. This is a stun only in the way that you must not counterattack immediately after 1st strike.

And then there is polearm stun. When a polearm strikes you with enough dmg - you get a short "staggering" animation during which you can do NOTHING at all. With enough speed you can get in a second guaranteed hit (in native this is possible with spears, in crpg with several weps (depending on build ofc)). This is incredibly annoying in team fights and quite so as well in duel type situations since your opponent can manouver to a favourable position for him.
Not to mention knockdown that hafted spiked mace has - sure kill on all but super heavies.

These are the conclusions I have come to from playing on siege, duels and battle in that order, if Im wrong Id value input.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »

And then there is polearm stun. When a polearm strikes you with enough dmg - you get a short "staggering" animation during which you can do NOTHING at all. With enough speed you can get in a second guaranteed hit (in native this is possible with spears, in crpg with several weps (depending on build ofc)). This is incredibly annoying in team fights and quite so as well in duel type situations since your opponent can manouver to a favourable position for him.
Not to mention knockdown that hafted spiked mace has - sure kill on all but super heavies.

Right, but the same thing happens with 2 handers too, IF you survive that first hit. You get staggered and can't do anything. Same thing with anything that deals damage, as far as I know. Unless of course there is something coded into the game for polearms ; which, while it may exist, nobody has found, revealed, or discussed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »
Danish has a longer range than German btw, Torp.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »
Right, but the same thing happens with 2 handers too, IF you survive that first hit. You get staggered and can't do anything. Same thing with anything that deals damage, as far as I know. Unless of course there is something coded into the game for polearms ; which, while it may exist, nobody has found, revealed, or discussed.

I have never had that I got hit by a 2h and couldn't block before being hit again. I'm pretty sure that's only polearms.