Author Topic: Lolstab range  (Read 12058 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Lolstab range
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 01:14:42 am »
many ppl says that LHB is the best polearm, we can try comparing it to a german greatsword:

Which costs ~7K more and requires 15 str to use, unlike the LHB with 10 (lolwut)

And it still outranges greatswords on swings. Compare it to mid-tier 2h swords and you see the LHB is a excellent weapon, and possibly too good for its price and str requirement.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:18:22 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 02:15:46 am »
I have never had that I got hit by a 2h and couldn't block before being hit again. I'm pretty sure that's only polearms.

some players say that a heavier 2h can "stun" them if they block the 2h's strik, but only so they cant swing back (they can attack after they block/dodge the 2nd swing) for example flamberge vs katana

i hate polearms for the stagger or w/e they have and it's usual for them to swing from the opposite direction after they hit u which for me means if i block incorrectly i will have no time to change it

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:20 am »
I agree that the price of many polearms is low and the requirement is pathetic - but i really don't look at that when i compare :D
imo it would be a good idea to raise the price and requirement of polarms, but dont nerf range, speed and dmg as the lolstab is already better than any attack performed by the polearms mentioned as the best.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 08:26:14 am »
I agree that the price of many polearms is low and the requirement is pathetic - but i really don't look at that when i compare :D
imo it would be a good idea to raise the price and requirement of polarms, but dont nerf range, speed and dmg as the lolstab is already better than any attack performed by the polearms mentioned as the best.

The 2h stab is a lot easier to counter that it seems, if you have LHB for example all you have to do is downblock than, unless you are a low-agi build you will have time to release a sideswing, that has enough range to hit your opponent, just make sure you advance if he backpedals. And if you ever try it you will see that if not used properly, the lolstab bounces easily, and if it bounces you get the same staggering effect as from polearm stun and usually gets you killed.

As for the nerfing, range speed and damage are fine but the prices for the mid-tier hafted polearms should be doubled, so they fit their 2h counterparts (for example with german greatsword+medium 10k armor I have a total gear price of 35k so I have to wear lighter armor to keep up with the upkeep, while a person who uses LHB/Glaive/LHSM can use his medium armor all the time and go with heavier armor from time to time). Also the STR requirements should be a lot higher, something like 16 STR for LHB/Glaive, 18 STR for Long Hafted Spiked Mace. 2h STR requirements should be increased as well.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:28:34 am by Punisher »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 08:49:05 am »
some players say that a heavier 2h can "stun" them if they block the 2h's strik, but only so they cant swing back (they can attack after they block/dodge the 2nd swing) for example flamberge vs katana

i hate polearms for the stagger or w/e they have and it's usual for them to swing from the opposite direction after they hit u which for me means if i block incorrectly i will have no time to change it

That's a completely different thing. It just means you block once more. Polearm stun basically means it's a 1 hit kill weapon as you get to hit for free second time.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 08:49:49 am »
Also the STR requirements should be a lot higher, something like 16 STR for LHB/Glaive, 18 STR for Long Hafted Spiked Mace. 2h STR requirements should be increased as well.

Not only for polearms and 2h weapons. 1h weapons could use an increase in requirements too. The highest requirement currently is the warhammer at 15 strength.

You've got stuff like this in 1h:
Niuweidao 4110 weight 1.5
requirement 6
spd rtng 101
weapon length 88
swing damage 33, cut
thrust damage 0 pierce

Broad One Handed Battle Axe 6002 weight 1.6
requirement 9
spd rtng 98
weapon length 73
swing damage 35, cut
thrust damage 0 pierce
Bonus against Shield

These are just random examples.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:10 pm »
Niuweidao 4110 weight 1.5
requirement 6
spd rtng 101
weapon length 88
swing damage 33, cut
thrust damage 0 pierce

Broad One Handed Battle Axe 6002 weight 1.6
requirement 9
spd rtng 98
weapon length 73
swing damage 35, cut
thrust damage 0 pierce
Bonus against Shield

+ do you really think Niuweidao can kill you with 6 str...?  Because... I think so! I like this weapon exactly for requirements - if you made req higher, my 6 str 2 ps 27 agi 9 athletics 9 shield 8 weapon master wouldn't be possible :/

Hmm... wait... maybe it would be, if you made Niuweidao's req <10? ;)

Anyway. 1h are known of low requirements, otherwise it would be impossible to have high athletics. Because i dont want 10 athletics without weapon with at least 30 dmg!

And... really... if you want to "buff" req, buff 2h and polearms! Leave 1h as it is and we will have a viable agi builds at least to fight with high str Flamberge's users.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:30:32 pm by Dravic »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »
The 2h stab is a lot easier to counter that it seems, if you have LHB for example all you have to do is downblock than, unless you are a low-agi build you will have time to release a sideswing, that has enough range to hit your opponent, just make sure you advance if he backpedals.

then the 2H blocks and he can swing... thats called game mechanics, if you block you can swing :D
the main thing is that the 2H is the first who can attack, so he has the advantage.
After 1-2 blocks you can be in range of your opponent no matter what weapon you use, it's all about who can attack first, which, in this case, is the 2h even though it has 30 less range.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »
then the 2H blocks and he can swing... thats called game mechanics, if you block you can swing :D
the main thing is that the 2H is the first who can attack, so he has the advantage.
After 1-2 blocks you can be in range of your opponent no matter what weapon you use, it's all about who can attack first, which, in this case, is the 2h even though it has 30 less range.

Actually the LHB is longer so it will attack first and a sideswing outranges the stab nowadays.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:06 pm »
Actually the LHB is longer so it will attack first and a sideswing outranges the stab nowadays.

no it don't... a german greatsword lolstab has longer range than a any attack performed with a long hafted blade

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 01:50:09 pm »
Downblock/dodge lolstab, move out of range, sideswing with LHB, win.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »
Downblock/dodge lolstab, move out of range, sideswing with LHB, win.

you can always block and be in range - that's not what this discussion is about.

The problem is that the 2H always has a free attack, as his opponent must be ready to block a superfast lolstab in order to survive, and tehrefore the 2H can just feint his lolstab into a sideswing, and he will also be able to attack first with a swing.

conclusion:
Lolstab has an advantage over the long hafted blade, even though LHB is supposed to be longer than the 2Hs

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »
no it don't... a german greatsword lolstab has longer range than a any attack performed with a long hafted blade

Considering no one knows how much length the 2h stab has anymore it's a completely unreasonable claim to make. So if we just go by what we know then the LHB is only outranged by the flamberge.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:00 pm »
Considering no one knows how much length the 2h stab has anymore it's a completely unreasonable claim to make. So if we just go by what we know then the LHB is only outranged by the flamberge.

it is not.

i've stated several times that i've tested it by standing within range of a stab (i got hit from that exact distance) and still not being able to hit my opponent with any attack performed by my long hafted blade.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »
it is not.

i've stated several times that i've tested it by standing within range of a stab (i got hit from that exact distance) and still not being able to hit my opponent with any attack performed by my long hafted blade.

Ok then if you said so I guess I just have to belive you.