Author Topic: Cavarly is broken  (Read 9466 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Cavarly is broken
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 02:49:24 am »
you do know the upkeep for cav is high right? Beside not all cav are cav, they can dismount anytime to become polearm-user or pikeman anytime they want

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:52:51 am »
you do know the upkeep for cav is high right? Beside not all cav are cav, they can dismount anytime to become polearm-user or pikeman anytime they want
You know, upkeep is glitchable as fuck (no I'm not gonna explain how), we cavalry can randomly dismounted and change into an entirely different class with little to no harm caused by it isn't exactly 100% fair, right?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 02:55:51 am »
READ THE MOTHER FUCKING POST BEFORE YOU REPLY
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 02:56:08 am »
This guy one hit donkey punched me into next week just yesterday:

TanukiTaco
Peasant
Re: Clan-Searching-Thread

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2012, 13:41:54 »

USA east coast. 1h & Shield Calvary, 3rd generation looking to get into Strat!!!!!!!!!! PM Me plz
In game name is cars_TanukiTaco

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,955.msg365757.html#msg365757
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:47 am »
Problem is not with Cavalry, itself.

The problem is with a certain part of the playerbase in my opinion.

Which one? You may ask. Well, let me tell you;

The one god damn part, that has to switch playstyles after every major/minor update, because their style can't oneshot/onehit kill, or cannot top the scoreboards so easily now. What this caused? I think you know it, that's what this topic is all about.

Ironically, I was playing with the idea of becoming a lancer cav again for this generation, but thanks to those who go FOTM all the time, I won't.
There are enough horses already on the battlefield, and support weapons are painful to use, and not-so rewarding. I'm not stating that they aren't rewarding, but I feel gimped using an 1-direction long stick that bounces off a lot, unless I wiggle like a CoD trickshotter during every stab.

Therefore, this part of the playerbase totally messes up the original intent of both the balancing team, and our suggestions.
Yes, I know the intent of the ranged update was to lessen the numbers of ranged, to encourage them to become meleers.
But it never worked in such manners, if you think about it. Anyone remember the archer-thrower-archer-migration?
Now, most have chosen cavalry, and many who found ranged not much of a threat joined this bandwagon as well.

Man up, and quit this min/maxing flavour of the patch behavior please.

For a better cRPG.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:16:48 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:25 am »
Proudly saying my main has not changed since Day... 15?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:40 am »
This topic is in response to Smoothrich, throwing expert and cavarly player.

Smoothrich

i'm sorry i'm not clicking on any of tears links, anyways i was on na_1 today with 61 body armor and 2 ironflesh, 24 strength, and a thrower took off 90 percent of my HP with 1 hammer, body shot, while i was in the middle of melee.  he also 1 shotted my destrier with a body shot.  this happens every day

no one is talking about cav balance here (yes theres too many scrub armored and courser cav on now), just that throwing puts out the highest damage of any class requiring the lowest amount of effort or skill, absolutely insane amounts of damage, arguing that it doesn't is a lie

tears i looked at those charts, they're all obviously way fucking wrong, 1 heavy throwing axe regularly does 100+ damage with body hits with little to no speed bonus, urist made it so it uses old soak values or something like that, basically they do better than pierce damage it seems, and 100+ of it

7 PT, not impressed, many throwers do 9-10

just looking at those youtubes, 2 or 3 more powerthrow and you would've been 1-2 shotted every time, and the courser would've been 1 shotted with a body shot with just 8 PT,  just like i'm complaining about.  10 PT throwers can 1 shot horses with the heavy axes and 1-2 shot any infantry build regardless of speed bonus

imagine the damage this class was doing before the flat 30 percent decrease or whatever it was.  just unacceptable balance wise

Lets all go back a month ago before the damage patch and imagine all the throwers that wrecked havoc. I imagine myself floating eye level across the battlefield and like a god chosing who lives and who dies with each throw of my lightning bolts.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:05 am »
Proudly saying my main has not changed since Day... 15?

That's good to hear.  :wink:

The problem is that both ranged, and cavalry, are meant to be supportive roles.
However, they are the two most important part of a team, the two most deciding roles of a battle.
Sure, melee does most of the job, but they're huge influences on movement, and location of the two teams.
Way more than most people think.

And balance of these two playstyles, depends on their numbers, greatly. Obvious, right?
Now this migration totally screwed up the game, and thanks to those who broke the not so equal distribution of cavalry, people are lobbying for a cavalry nerf of any kind. Anything, to make the class less powerful, while the class itself, isn't that powerful on it's own.

And, (let's play this scenario) what would happen then? This part, would go and migrate to the one playstyle that looks the most overpowered at the moment, but it might not be, just an illusion of power, that becomes real power. And people will ask for the nerf of that playstyle, because it's used en masse.

I'm aware that lobbying is not 100% successful, and I don't think about it like that. If every lobbying movement here would succeed.. we'd play with fists only, or with weapons that deal 1b damage in the end.  :mrgreen:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:32:16 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 03:35:51 am »
Problem is not with Cavalry, itself.

The problem is with a certain part of the playerbase in my opinion.

Which one? You may ask. Well, let me tell you;

The one god damn part, that has to switch playstyles after every major/minor update, because their style can't oneshot/onehit kill, or cannot top the scoreboards so easily now. What this caused? I think you know it, that's what this topic is all about.

Ironically, I was playing with the idea of becoming a lancer cav again for this generation, but thanks to those who go FOTM all the time, I won't.
There are enough horses already on the battlefield, and support weapons are painful to use, and not-so rewarding. I'm not stating that they aren't rewarding, but I feel gimped using an 1-direction long stick that bounces off a lot, unless I wiggle like a CoD trickshotter during every stab.

Therefore, this part of the playerbase totally messes up the original intent of both the balancing team, and our suggestions.
Yes, I know the intent of the ranged update was to lessen the numbers of ranged, to encourage them to become meleers.
But it never worked in such manners, if you think about it. Anyone remember the archer-thrower-archer-migration?
Now, most have chosen cavalry, and many who found ranged not much of a threat joined this bandwagon as well.

Man up, and quit this min/maxing flavour of the patch behavior please.

For a better cRPG.
Completely agree with you on this.

Personally I always change class or heavily alter my build every generation. This gen right now I've become an archer. No. Not a fucktard with a bow and cloth who wants to be legolas, but an actual ARCHER. That means: Full PS, a decent weapon, some Ironflesh and fucking ARMOUR! Why did I use this build? Wasn't archers nerfed? Because hey, fuck you, this is what I WANTED to try and I find it FUN!

On a side note: The build is actually pretty good! I'm not as accurate as the cloth armoured PEASANT archer scum, but it's really not that different. And while I lose 1 (maybe 2) PD from a full archer build, the armour, IF and PS make me almost as good in melee as anyone else. I don't get many ranged kills, but almost all the times I go in melee I win, since my enemy got a couple of arrows in him already. Feels good man! The only mistake I found in my character is that I use a too short melee weapon. The one handed axes are awesome, no denying that, but they are too short with all them oversized greatswords around.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 03:39:19 am »
I don't play as a horseman but I know horsemen that kill me all the time and are always on the top of the scoreboard. I can only assume this class is broken because everyone knows one plus one equals penutbutter jelly.

Hmm, you see the cavalry topping the scoreboard, that's because they're good players, same goes for any class. Damn, i've topped the scoreboard with every class i've played, i suppose all of them are broken. Most people say have better awareness, well, it's true, i was playing as infantry for a long time and cavalry was never a problem, maybe you just suck...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 03:41:04 am »
Hmm, you see the cavalry topping the scoreboard, that's because they're good players, same goes for any class. Damn, i've topped the scoreboard with every class i've played, i suppose all of them are broken. Most people say have better awareness, well, it's true, i was playing as infantry for a long time and cavalry was never a problem, maybe you just suck...
What? Are you doubting his skills in the noble art of videogame combat! Silence your tongue, for you are saying things that just CANNOT be true!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 03:42:24 am »
I seem to lose every time I go to the taco cart next to where my class is, because it is too spicy for my caucasian bowels.  I have judged that tacos are unbalanced and should be removed from the game.

What are we talking about?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 03:47:04 am »
I seem to lose every time I go to the taco cart next to where my class is, because it is too spicy for my caucasian bowels.  I have judged that tacos are unbalanced and should be removed from the game.

What are we talking about?
The current problems in the Middle East regarding cats and the footwear they use.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 03:47:16 am »

I was making fun of someone that said something simmilar about throwing haha. Sarcasm has no place no the internet but I can't help myself.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 03:49:21 am »
Well, it's hard to tell sometimes, fuck it, wololo...